View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #53
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Why wouldn't New Jersey take this deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Do you guys listen to yourself? Lebron's going to go to Brooklyn because his friend is there. Like it's just a question of where you want to live.

"Jay-Z is a winner" As if Jay-Z has an actual basketball background to back up that statement.

I can't wait until 2010 to see what really happens. Unfortunately, I guess I'm going to have to listen to this crap until then.

Mathius

Yeah, I'm pissed I'm going to have to wait 2 years to hear to Cleveland fans sob as LBJ leaves them.

Even if the Nets don't get him...someone will. I think Cleveland has about a 25% chance of keeping him, and the sooner Cleveland fans look to accept this very real possibility, the better.

As for Jay-Z, the guy's life has been and continues to be one big success. He may only be 5% or less minority owner, but it's still a SIZABLE investement on Jay-Z's part and something very important to him.

I'm not playing the friend's card to heavily, or even the LBJ card too heavily, but this team will be a budding contender starting in 2010.

Unfortunately, I don't think Cleveland will be.
IMO they have two years to win the title with LBJ.
That should be your mentality before it's too late.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote