Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks he is better then "overhyped" Ricky Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Yet someone like John Wall is already worshipped here as the second coming of Jesus Christ. What the hell has he ever done, compared to Rubio??
    I haven't read any post about Wall being better than Jennings. I have, however, read posts about Rubio still being the top PG of this draft, and better than Jennings.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    You obviously didn't see either of Jennings' last two games. If you had, you would understand the difference well enough to not bring this up. In 7 NBA games, Jennings has already put up 4 all-star worthy performances. What the **** is up with everybody bringing up Tony Delk, Charlie Villanueva, Filp Murray, and all the other one hit wonders who haven't in their entire career had as many good games as Jennings has had?
    I'll watch parts of the games later on tonight (league pass archive), haven't seen him play at all actually. But I don't care how good he is, this type of hysteria is ridiculous 8 games into his career (bucks going to be a solid playoff team, jennings best scorer since Kobe etc etc). Charlie V also had back to back 25+/12+ games in the first couple of weeks of his rookie season. Remember watching the 48 point game and thinking he was going to be a star...turned into a dud though. I think this is just a hot stretch Jennings is having to start his NBA career, didn't just magically go from an average player in Europe to all-star in NBA.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

If I just scored 55 points, that included a 29 point quarter...I'd probably think I'm better than a prime Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Nagato
    do you know that rubio and jennings are two completely DIFFERENT type of players?

It's like comparing iverson with kidd.
    No its not, although Jennings is an explosive scorer, he's also a great passer, don't get these Iverson comparisons at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    No its not, although Jennings is an explosive scorer, he's also a great passer, don't get these Iverson comparisons at all.
    So how did AI get assists? I get it, his shot wasnt there so he passed it and luckily the time he passed it the guy scored. No playmaking ability for AI. Gotcha. Whether B.Jennings is AI or not? Who knows. But dont act like AI wasnt a damn good passer. Trying to figure out how this kid 8gms in his NBA career was a better passer than AI. That I dont get.

Learning to shoot layups Vinny del Negro's Avatar

Jennings also took that statement back.

"The Ricky Rubio situation I think I went a little overboard by calling him all hype," he said after his workout with the Wizards. "He's a great player. He has the most experience out of all of us in this draft. He's been playing pro ball since [he was] 15. So about him being overhyped, that was wrong of me.

"I have much respect for the dude. We did a photo shoot together for Slam Magazine, so I got to know him off the court. He's a real good guy."
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblo...real-good-guy/

So maybe you should take it back too.

We'll never really know how well Rubio's game will translate to the NBA. But I've seen some of his games and let me tell you, his court vision is up there. He's definitely a better PG than Jennings, while I think Jennings might be the better player. If he develops a jumpshot like Brandon does, he could be one of the best in the league.

Saw a basketball once AND1CROSSED's Avatar

OH no no no no no! BJ should give BJ to Ricky Rubio cause Rubio will kill jennings on the court any given days.

He seems to be a better player than Rubio judging from the recent three games.

Quote Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
    well, tonight he sorta proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    It was proven a while ago.

Banned

Wonder what Rubio thinks of Jennings now that he's the better PG.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

wow