Thread: Pistons Next GM

NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons Next GM

Right now the rumors are Scott Perry and Grant Hill.

Pistons vowing broad search for Joe Dumars' successor, but two names already in circulation to be on their list: Scott Perry and Grant Hill.

Perry is the Magic exec w/deep Detroit ties who worked in Pistons' front office alongside Joe D and Sam Presti in Seattle before Orlando Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Perry (asst. GM, Orlando) worked with Dumars in Detroit (said to have wanted Melo over Darko) and Thunder GM Sam Presti in Seattle.

Others who could be in the mix: Warriors asst. GM Travis Schlenk (former Kings GM candidate) and Bryan Colangelo (former Raps GM) Twitter @sam_amick -
    It seems like a pretty good list so far.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons Next GM

Hill would be a very intriguing choice - I think everyone rates him as an incredibly intelligent and articulate individual. Whether that can translate into being a good GM who knows. But perhaps it is the recognizable face the Pistons need to get behind to give us the energy and jolt we need...

Scott Perry is a really good choice too!

Hopefully KCP's game today can be a springboard of form into next year and another tool the GM can use to his advantage! He was lights out today...

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I thought Hills name in the mix was interesting. It would be kind of cool to replace an all-time Pistons great with another one. Outside of the cool factor Hill is very well respected and considered a very smart basketball mind. I think the players still have a lot of respect for him so it could help with recruiting players to the team.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Bryan Colangelo..... Quality!