Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

How tf do you open the back door of the armored vehicles/bank trucks? It turns blue and the game tells you to break open the back doors but its impossible! I ran it into a wall for 10mins, punch/kicked for another 5, and knifed (because **** you) for another 5 and it would not open!!! Other big cars like that, the back opens after 2 hits to a wall........:

^^^ I just shot the doors 3 times & they opened.

Edit: nvm. Thanks for answering the car buying question on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    How tf do you open the back door of the armored vehicles/bank trucks? It turns blue and the game tells you to break open the back doors but its impossible! I ran it into a wall for 10mins, punch/kicked for another 5, and knifed (because **** you) for another 5 and it would not open!!! Other big cars like that, the back opens after 2 hits to a wall........:
    You shoot the middle until they open. That's what the game told me to do and it worked.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    ^^^ I just shot the doors 3 times & they opened.

Anyway, can someone answer this: can we buy cars in this game or is that only for online?
    I've honestly been reading some first hand accounts of gamers buying cars right now (in single player) and having them delivered. It's kind of confusing to clarify, but I meant they were doing this through the GTA-world online, like by taking a character, having him find a computer in his son's room or something, and logging on to the fake internet.

With the level of detail and realism in this game, I wonder if its possible to lose cell signal if you deep enough into the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Those games you guys mentioned are old so maybe the system was broke where cheating wasnt so bad.
    Yeah I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, so not sure how things work anymore, but cheat codes were pretty awesome in that game. I don't think you could possibly get a jetpack without a code. I remember getting stuck on top of a tower (can't remember how) and the ledge was too high for me to get out of that part of the tower, so the only way I could get out was by using the cheat to commit suicide.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, so not sure how things work anymore, but cheat codes were pretty awesome in that game. I don't think you could possibly get a jetpack without a code. I remember getting stuck on top of a tower (can't remember how) and the ledge was too high for me to get out of that part of the tower, so the only way I could get out was by using the cheat to commit suicide.
    Wha? Vice City had a jet pack?

Regarding codes as a whole though, I haven't used them since... probably Vice City, maybe III. For some reason, they felt like a bigger portion of the game back in the early PS2 days. As some other posters mentioned, maybe it has to do with the functioning economical system in current games, where maybe the best things are easier to eventually obtain en masse after working through a fun and enjoyable story.

In GTA III, I feel like it was easy to lose weapons and bullets or something, because my friends and I used to code it up and go wild all the time. Maybe it was just the novelty of inducing so much mayhem in living 3D environment.

I can still see the fun in codes now for folks just looking to go wild and crazy, but I'm definitely in the group going no-code throughout. The snow code will tempt me at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Wha? Vice City had a jet pack?

Regarding codes as a whole though, I haven't used them since... probably Vice City, maybe III. For some reason, they felt like a bigger portion of the game back in the early PS2 days. As some other posters mentioned, maybe it has to do with the functioning economical system in current games, where maybe the best things are easier to eventually obtain en masse after working through a fun and enjoyable story.

In GTA III, I feel like it was easy to lose weapons and bullets or something, because my friends and I used to code it up and go wild all the time. Maybe it was just the novelty of inducing so much mayhem in living 3D environment.

I can still see the fun in codes now for folks just looking to go wild and crazy, but I'm definitely in the group going no-code throughout. The snow code will tempt me at some point though.
    ive played through all games w/ cheats and w/o and honestly, it's usually the first play through I play with cheats, just to be able to finish the story line quick and see how it ends. then I play it through "au natural"

did not know Vice City had a jetpack either. I feel...cheated...no pun intended? lol

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    did not know Vice City had a jetpack either. I feel...cheated...no pun intended? lol
    Ha, sick pun. I did really quick research and I think he either meant San Andreas or he was referring to a trick in Vice City where a player could float, as if he were wearing a jet pack.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    A 16GB hard drive will be a tight squeeze for GTA V. I was thinking of trying to make it work (I have a 16GB as well) but I would have had to delete just about every game file I had. 16GB sounds like a lot of room in theory, but much of the space is taken up by XBox updates, maintenance, and other odds & ends (music, Netflix, games bought on XBox Arcade).

My solution was to buy a 16GB 2.0 flash drive for ten bucks. It's ten extra bucks, but it works like a charm. I'm running GTA V off of that. Plugged it into the 360's USB port, installed disc one (8GB), inserted disc two, and off I went. If you're going to go buy GTA in person, I say pick up a flash while you're at it, if you can.
    Copping tomorrow on my way home. So what exactly do I do? Install disc 1 or 2 to the flash drive? Do I just plug it in and an option pops up when you try to install it?

Probably dumb questions. Never used a flash drive with my 360 before...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Copping tomorrow on my way home. So what exactly do I do? Install disc 1 or 2 to the flash drive? Do I just plug it in and an option pops up when you try to install it?

Probably dumb questions. Never used a flash drive with my 360 before...
    Nah, I had the same questions. I plugged my flash drive in before I even bought GTA because I think the XBox had to format the flash drive. So maybe do that first?

After that, yeah, once the flash drive is plugged in and formatted, put the first disc in, select USB as your storage device, and you're good to go. It's seamless. The disc 1 download took 14-19 minutes.

Just wrecked my car and wedged against a tree in the mountains with Trevor (Just unlocked him), had to make my way down the mountains on foot and just as I got the main road, a cougar pounced from behind me and took me the f*ck out!

One of the most surprising and equally glorious deaths I've had so far. This game is truly great. I love the transition when you switch characters, goes out Google Earth style and comes back in to a short cutscene usually.

Can't wait to see how all three of them come together.

Once you buy the Vinewood garage you get an email for a car dealership which you can order cars off of. After purchasing a car it will be delivered to your garage you just bought.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

anyone know how to unlock clothing and tattoo places?

so far I only see autobody, gun and barber shops on my map

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Shoot the door, nigguh.