Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Celtics 2016 Champs

Default Re: Protein Powder....which brand do you use?

I use mutant mass, really good!
    http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/MUTANT/Mass/

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    First year doctor on a rad onc training pathway.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm confused. Wasn't this conversation initiated with I'm still ballin'? Well, we got this alt figured out.
    Yeah, clearly.
    Like I need an alt to get my actual thoughts out there on this forum.

I'm familiar with WPI's being in manufactured in the same factories. We make for a couple of brands. In regards to HOW it's manufactured, there are variances from brand to brand. For example:
    Take brand X vs brand Y. Brand X may put glutamine peptides in their WPI. Why? Because it shows up as part of the protein ratio. Do we need it? No. They put it in because it is a source of cheaper material to bring down costs.
    I can go on and on about how things are manufactured and label tricks, but I guess your the expert and it's all the same.....
    Yes, there are differences in ingredients. Some are healthier than others, still doesn't take away that most still offer similar protein ratios and near identical performances.

My comment is not about comparing isolates to isolates, I was referring protein to protein. For example Gold Standard is a blend vs Iso-100, it will absorb at different rates. A blend may take hours to fully digest against a Hydrolyzed which takes minutes when you go gram per gram. A longer digesting protein is better for weight loss and anabolic rate. But again, your the expert..Would you like a job? Since apparently all proteins are the same maybe you can negotiate costs so we can charge a cheaper rate....
    I've done enough reading and working out over my years to be well versed on the topic. I'm not an expert, but unlike you, I don't have an agenda to push. Most of this faster digesting protein and slower digesting protein being better for this and that shit that you're spewing is broscience that has been proven wrong time and time again anyway. You're probably still in the camp that thinks it's a must to get your protein shake within 30 minutes of working out.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    It's a picture of your hard dick. I guess that helps.
    LOL.

As for the cancer convo...too many big words...I'm going to assume the gist of it is to avoid the Vanilla flaves...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah, clearly.
    Like I need an alt to get my actual thoughts out there on this forum.
    So why did you start the thread out under the I'm so ballin alias?

Yes, there are differences in ingredients. Some are healthier than others, still doesn't take away that most still offer similar protein ratios and near identical performances.
    I never disputed that. I'm saying manufacturing processing are different that determines cost by adding byproduct to manipulate labels. I gave one method to drive down protein costs when I gave the example of glutamine peptides. Follow closely

I've done enough reading and working out over my years to be well versed on the topic. I'm not an expert, but unlike you, I don't have an agenda to push. Most of this faster digesting protein and slower digesting protein being better for this and that shit that you're spewing is broscience that has been proven wrong time and time again anyway. You're probably still in the camp that thinks it's a must to get your protein shake within 30 minutes of working out.
    Right, so your internet research and gym interactions trump my 20 years experience in the industry on the retail, manufacturing, and distribution level and the fact that I'm employed by the largest sports nutrition manufacturing company in the world as a product educator AND got a University degree on Nutrition. I've given advice without having to try and promote my brand. Man, I'm wasting my time talking to you.
    Nothing I've said is "broscience". I've said manufacturing facts that determine costs. Guys like you are what the industry thrives on by printing articles for you to "self educate" and sway to a certain way of thinking. What you so blindly can't see is I haven't disputed what you said in regards to what protein does, I clearly said all proteins will get you to point A to point B the same way. I've ALWAYS promoted that idea. go check the debunking the industry thread I created.You do however get what you pay for as per my car reference. Yet you feel I have an agenda to peddle my stuff. keep believing that every package is the same. Go buy your 6-Star at Walmart for all I care. Those brands are laughing all the way to the bank. They pay sites like BB.com and site domains to tell you "all protein is all the same". You are probably wasting more on fillers than the actual protein itself. You read: label A say 23 grams of protein, label B reads 23 grams of protein, it must be the exact same.... it's all the same right?
    You guys crack me up. Read the internet, walk around like experts, and get mad at the industry calling us bro scientist yet you don't even know 10% of what goes on within the manufacturing walls and the advertising. It's no different that watching CSI then calling yourself a detective. 99% of the stuff out there is written by guys like me to sway opinions. And like any type of research, you'll subject yourself to what YOU want to believe.
    But hey tell me what you do? I'll just go on the net and do your job for you
    Last edited by hateraid; 07-10-2014 at 08:19 AM.

So why did you start the thread out under the I'm so ballin alias?
    Without going back right now, I don't know who actually started this thread. I don't even know who you were arguing with. Thirdly, you're an idiot for thinking I need two accounts for anything on here let alone arguing over protein powder with you.
    I'm not whoever your claiming me to be, so cut the shit. I'm calling you out for your BS, and that is that.

Right, so your internet research and gym interactions trump my 20 years experience in the industry on the retail, manufacturing, and distribution level and the fact that I'm employed by the largest sports nutrition manufacturing company in the world as a product educator. Man, i'm wasting my time talking to you.
    Nothing I've said is "broscience". I've said manufacturing facts that determine costs. Guys like you are what the industry thrives on by printing articles for you to "self educate" and sway to a certain way of thinking. What you so blindly can't see is I haven't disputed what you said in regards to what protein does, I clearly said all proteins will get you to point A to point B the same way. I've ALWAYS promoted that idea. go check the debunking the industry thread I created.You do however get what you pay for as per my car reference. Yet you feel I have an agenda to peddle my stuff. keep believing that every package is the same. Go buy your 6-Star at Walmart for all I care. Those brands are laughing all the way to the bank. You are probably wasting more on fillers than the actual protein itself. You read :label A say 23 grams of protein, label B reads 23 grams of protein, it must be the exact same.... it's all the same right?
    You guys crack me up. Read the internet, walk around like experts, and get mad at the industry calling us bro scientist yet you don't even know 10% of what goes on within the manufacturing walls and the advertising. 99% of the stuff out there is written by guys like me to sway opinions. And like any type of research, you'll subject yourself to what YOU want to believe.
    But hey tell me what you do? I'll just go on the net and do your job for you
    My internet research and gym experience has done enough for me to put me in a position where in the summer I'm usually in single digits of body fat and can bench 315+lbs year round, while being able to deadlift 500+lbs. Clearly I've educated myself on the subject enough that I know what I'm doing to get the results I need and want. A comparison of cars to protein is about as bad as you can get, but I won't bother.

I'm not saying anything apart from you're full of shit with your views. Yeah, I'm clearly the one that read the internet and is walking around like an expert. I keep all my views and progress in the ISH fitness thread, but I will call you and the other poster, who I forgot, out on bullshit.

And for the record people can buy whatever they want. I merely tell people my opinions. I've supported every brand and am great friends with most sports nutrition labels.
    Guys like Plowking will dispute everything I say, even if I'm agreeing with them because we have some sort of hidden agenda, then go to the typical "broscience" song and dance.
    I support my brand for different reasons. Because it's certified Gluten Free. Because it's NFS certified that the IMG academy can use the product. Because we've converted all products to non-GMO. Yet guys like Plowking call this all jibberish and agenda driven. That's why companies like the ones he buys from make shit products because they know there's a market out there for guys like him. The add shit fillers, call it protein and guys like Plowking believe it's all the same. Lol, you wouldn't believe the stuff our company has manufactured to sell to lower end companies because that market space is even more saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Without going back right now, I don't know who actually started this thread. I don't even know who you were arguing with. Thirdly, you're an idiot for thinking I need two accounts for anything on here let alone arguing over protein powder with you.
    I'm not whoever your claiming me to be, so cut the shit. I'm calling you out for your BS, and that is that.
    You continued a conversation started by i'm so ballin'. But if it's not you then so be it

My internet research and gym experience has done enough for me to put me in a position where in the summer I'm usually in single digits of body fat and can bench 315+lbs year round, while being able to deadlift 500+lbs. Clearly I've educated myself on the subject enough that I know what I'm doing to get the results I need and want. A comparison of cars to protein is about as bad as you can get, but I won't bother.
    Again, thinking you look the part doesn't make you an expert. Just like I'm no more qualified to give training tips. I deal with guys like you all over the country. Some guys that are even anti protein with your same physical attributes. Those are some of the most unintelligent people in the industry

I'm not saying anything apart from you're full of shit with your views. Yeah, I'm clearly the one that read the internet and is walking around like an expert. I keep all my views and progress in the ISH fitness thread, but I will call you and the other poster, who I forgot, out on bullshit.
    Again what shit views am I sharing? I'm sharing manufacturing details that are exposing how corrupt this industry is? I'm fighting for YOUR cause moron. Lol, again, I can agree with you, but yet you will go to the same agenda argument.
    Last edited by hateraid; 07-10-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Banned

Plowking can you just post a photo of yourself to shut him the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Plowking can you just post a photo of yourself to shut him the **** up.
    Because a picture makes him qualified to talk about nutrition?
    I'll just post a pic of me in my Sixer Jersey and call myself an NBA player.

But I guess I'm just some fatass suit trying to make a buck on the internet

Banned

Because a picture makes him qualified to talk about nutrition?
    I'll just post a pic of me in my Sixer Jersey and call myself an NBA player.

But I guess I'm just some fatass suit trying to make a buck on the internet
    You post a picture of yourself then, I'm horny.

[COLOR="White"]****ing lol[/COLOR]

Whey:

And this:

Anyone recommend some good protein shakes? This boost chocolate is really good. But it's only like 15g

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Anyone recommend some good protein shakes? This boost chocolate is really good. But it's only like 15g
    Just listen to plowking, it's all the same....
    Don't want the sugar? No worries, they have carb controlled! You're on the right track. Listening to anyone on here is just broscience. There is no difference from the protein Boost uses and any reputable sports nutrition company
    *sarcasm*

I trust Plowking's advice over you Hateraid because I (and probably 99% of people in this thread taking a protein powder supplement) am in the business of weight training, becoming stronger and putting on muscle. You are complicating something as simple as protein. And by the way... Plow is right about the protein absorption and that you have to get your protein in immediately within 30 minutes of training. It's bullshit.

So if someone is taking a protein powder, THEN they are HIGHLY likely to be weight training and looking to pack on strength and size. Stop spitting your insignificant yap, stop trying to convince people to spend more money on protein.

PS- Im not Plowking, I just respect him because from everything I've personally seen him post, he knows what the **** he's talking about. I can identify straight away the real deal and the pretenders on ISH in the fit club thread.