Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

First game i play it freezes on me the first time i go to the free throw line

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Im thinking of buying this game soon. I didn't get 2k12, I have 2k11. I played 2k13 a couple times with some friends and I can tell that they fixed up a lot.

I just want to get consensus from the people here, should I buy it? I loved crew mode but they didn't put back in. I love my player and my team looks great too.
    Wal-Mart's going to have it for $25 on Thanksgiving day. For $25 there's no reason not to buy it.

I plan on getting it then and finally falling into the 2K hole.

Yeh it sucks they took out My crew. That is the main reason I bought this piece off crap. Now I have to play by my lonely self without any crew to speak off...

Team up is fun, tho.

Was just in a great Lakers-Nets game. Had Joe Johnson. Ended up being 3v4 after one guy left.

Good shot makers and relatively unselfish passing in the human players for both sides.

Anyway tie game with about a 4 second shot clock difference. My PG throws something up with 6 seconds left on the clock, misses, and I get the putback dunk to put us up 2. Then they hit Gasol for a wide open J at the buzzer to send it to OT.

We were taking it over in OT (8 straight unanswered) and then I got kicked out because my internet has been spiking all night Did have 16/8/7 before it kicked me. I know my PG had around 20/6 and the other human guy playing Lopez had roughly 20/10.

Team up is great if players stop ball hogging, people move off the ball and stop following it, and if positions are played to the actual position. Like not put a guard at center... Probably my favorite mode when you end up on a good team.

Had a game last night that ended up dream team vs team usa. 4v5 the entire game (no one quit), and since every position on the floor could handle the ball, we just kept pushing it to whoever was closest and making quick passes. We blew out the opponent, who had a ball hog, by 45. Was probably the most enjoyable game I played overall in any mode.

That's another thing. I hate when PG only try to make the assist. Move the ball around, man.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

NBA starting to recognize Bledsoe! 2K boosted his rating from 67 to 82 which is the biggest mid season, single boost in 2K history supposedly right ahead of Jeremy Lin.

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Does it frustrate anyone else when the other members of your team don't play defense. I play as a guard and they just pass down low for an easy basket. It is a fun game I put my sliders up high and scored 149 with Kevin Durant in one game. I think I shot 40 3's.

Learning to shoot layups John Stockton's Avatar

I've got a gaming channel where I do 2k commentaries, and would love some feedback. It's hard for new commentators to get content out there, so all feedback is appreciated.

SAC vs DAL - "Jimmer show"

http://youtu.be/hCyq2pHALkw

My Team episode 4 - "So high"

http://youtu.be/MTdOP6qxalM

Question must have been addressed a dozen times here, but is there any way to turn off the "real-life" injuries on the main roster?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    Question must have been addressed a dozen times here, but is there any way to turn off the "real-life" injuries on the main roster?
    Like in a quick game?

You can activate them in the rotations from the main settings.

Am I the only one whos thinks this game fcking sucks.

Glitches, VC bullchit, jay theme, etc.

This game isn't better than 2k11.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Am I the only one whos thinks this game fcking sucks.

Glitches, VC bullchit, jay theme, etc.

This game isn't better than 2k11.
    I don't think this game sucks, but 2K11 seems to have set the standards.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I don't think this game sucks, but 2K11 seems to have set the standards.
    This

I want to get it. From 2k12 to 2k13 I feel like the players are way more fluid.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I want to get it. From 2k12 to 2k13 I feel like the players are way more fluid.
    They are, believe me. The thing that stood out for me the most is that it doesn't seem to have as many repeated animations as 11 and 12. There were variables on certain shots that had me thinking "Wow, did he just do THAT"?

Which brings me to the dunks. This game has some of the coldest "Flushes" I've ever seen in a B-Ball game.,the kind that you just think about when you're not even playing the game.

I was a skeptic of the "dribble stick" control scheme at first, but it actually make sense from a strategic stand point once you get used to it. It shows how important ball security is, and helps you respect PGs like CP3, and their ability to break down a defense with their dribble ability.

Just know that the Jump may not seem big at first, because it looks basically like a twin of NBA 12 graphically. But the small things like pgs pointing to spots on the floor for guys to meet the ball, players wiping their head or face checking for blood after a hard foul, throwing up the "why no foul call" arm gesture when a ref calls no foul, etc. all starts to add up.

Not a perfect game, but it takes the best of 11 and 12 and then kicks it up a notch. Next Gen is really gonna be "the business" , if these games continue to improve like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    They are, believe me. The thing that stood out for me the most is that it doesn't seem to have as many repeated animations as 11 and 12. There were variables on certain shots that had me thinking "Wow, did he just do THAT"?

Which brings me to the dunks. This game has some of the coldest "Flushes" I've ever seen in a B-Ball game.,the kind that you just think about when you're not even playing the game.

I was a skeptic of the "dribble stick" control scheme at first, but it actually make sense from a strategic stand point once you get used to it. It shows how important ball security is, and helps you respect PGs like CP3, and their ability to break down a defense with their dribble ability.

Just know that the Jump may not seem big at first, because it looks basically like a twin of NBA 12 graphically. But the small things like pgs pointing to spots on the floor for guys to meet the ball, players wiping their head or face checking for blood after a hard foul, throwing up the "why no foul call" arm gesture when a ref calls no foul, etc. all starts to add up.

Not a perfect game, but it takes the best of 11 and 12 and then kicks it up a notch. Next Gen is really gonna be "the business" , if these games continue to improve like this.

This.