Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Cellphones

NBA lottery pick

In my experience, Cell phones are like PC's. Once you buy them, they're obsolete almost as soon as you get them home or a month later.

Also, all the ring tones in the world don't mean crap if your phone gets broke. Unless you get lucky and they're able to transfer all that stuff to your new phone (and that's iffy especially if the phone is broke) you're going to go through the trouble of setting everything up again.

I keep my phone setup to the standard settings and I don't worry about it. Afterall, I bought it to be able to make phone calls, particularly in situations where my car might break down, or other emergency situations, so I don't need to use all the other crap they want you to get.

My phone has a camcorder, it has a camera. But the quality is crap, so why bother? It has internet and I can get movies via some kind of t.v. channels on my phone, but all that costs extra. Why would I pay for t.v. on a 4" screen?

Mathius

Banned

I was going to get a chocolate.. but we just switched to Cingular. DAMNIT.

so I got some phone.. don't know what its called. like 2 days ago. it has all sorts of cool features that I'll never use, like live TV and mp3 and camera and videocamera etc etc etc. when really all I do is call people.. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    I was going to get a chocolate.. but we just switched to Cingular. DAMNIT.

so I got some phone.. don't know what its called. like 2 days ago. it has all sorts of cool features that I'll never use, like live TV and mp3 and camera and videocamera etc etc etc. when really all I do is call people.. go figure.
    This is probably why I hate the chocolate.

I get this phone to put music on it and such, and I haven't even used it for that. Hell I don't even care about the great 1.3 MP camera, or that it can take video. I told my mom she can have my phone and I'll take her motorola which is just really simple. I just want to make calls with the dang phone, all these extra features, I don't like. I don't know what I was thinking when I got this phone, err, now I'm upset that I got it. I should of used that money towards putting some new speakers in my car. Them factory speakers just don't work anymore.

Banned

the only reason I wanted a chocolate was because I couldnt think of anything else to ask for christmas and it looks really cool. I have an ipod for music.

I guess my parents will just owe me one. I dont think I can pull a Wii so I'll just go giftless.

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    What kind do you have, and what type do you want? I want to get the Sony Ericsson W600i. I'll be able to play mp3, listen to radio with it, and it seems like a decent phone. Any suggestions, except for Razor's?

http://www.cellphonestalk.com/cellph...0i-headset.jpg
    I bought this one in June, and it's pretty reliable, loud as hell if you really feel like blasting music out of your phone. Using it as an MP3 player just drains the battery out of it, which really is its only drawback. I like it, it's unique. I get lots of ooo's and aaaah's from it.

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    W600i is a great phone but its pretty bulky. I've used it before. Theres no expendable memory either which is big in all new phones.

I now have a sony w810i. Its pretty much the same phone with more features like 2 megapixel cam. Expendable memory. And its one of the few black candybar phones.
    I don't feel it's that bulky...How slim does everything need to be now-a-days? You must have tiny pockets! ;)

Nokia 6265i...

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    I bought this one in June, and it's pretty reliable, loud as hell if you really feel like blasting music out of your phone. Using it as an MP3 player just drains the battery out of it, which really is its only drawback. I like it, it's unique. I get lots of ooo's and aaaah's from it.
    Makes sense, how long do you think you could play your mp3's on the battery? And how long does your average battery last?

Decent playground baller gsxr1kryder's Avatar

I had the Motorola Razr and hated it. It just seemed like it was too big, and being so thin, I just couldn't quit thinking that i was going to destroy it. so my wife took the Razr, and I bought the Samsung A950. pretty good phone. i've dropped it several times, and nothing has happened yet.

I agree with what someone else said, the phones have so many features, but after a month or so, I also don't use any of them. haven't used the camera but a couple times. don't think i've used the camcorder at all. phone w/my memory card can hold like 200+ songs. after the first couple months, I really don't listen to it that much anymore. also, the stock ringtone sucks.ony ringtone on the phone was the verizon default one and it is stupid.

all i really use the cell phone for is making calls, text messages, and the mobile web (to check scores when i'm working in the evenings).

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Samng A900. It works I can read ISH on it so it makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    I don't feel it's that bulky...How slim does everything need to be now-a-days? You must have tiny pockets! ;)
    Its big compared to my w810i...

I gets kind of annoying having to spin/slide it everytime you want to get to the numbers. But its a nice phone. Very loud

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    Samng A900. It works I can read ISH on it so it makes me happy.
    nice phone, my brother's got the samsung d900... gawd phone... i got nokia 6265, ill phone too...

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

I guess I am the only one on here that has the new Motorola Q

I love this phone has every thing it

my friend has the Q as well, pretty sik phone...

I got a new sanyo vi-2300 for $30 a few days ago. Its nice.