Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: How awkward is it that Lin doesn't finish close games?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    True, I never thought that McHale was a good coach. He always seems to be getting in squabbles with players, just like George Karl. His disagreements with Lowry really cost Houston.

However, this player rotation makes me wonder what's happening in terms of the coach and the front office. When highly-publicized acquisitions don't play, it raises the possibility that lots of negative stuff is happening behind the scenes.
    Imo, McHale's major coaching issues are awareness related, having certain players play long minutes and the cluelessness and inflexibility in rotations. On the other hand, I think the Lowry dispute had a lot to do with Lowry's own preference to voice displeasure. Supposedly players look to him as a close member of the family so I can't comment on player relations.

Asik has been a solid acquisition however. He hasn't been playing great the past few games, and he can't seem to contain D Howard, but he has a broken nose and I'm sure that makes him tentative.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    It's almost like they signed him for publicity not basketball. I know Lin got his money but this must be humiliating

Thats it in a nutshell they signed him to make them $$$, the guys a back up PG and thats where he should be playing.

High School Starter

He is just not good enough.When Toney Douglas is outplaying you, you know you suck.

NBA rookie of the year

Lin's just not that good...

He's not starting material, Douglas isn't either but at least Douglas tries to get involved on offense. Lin is just hiding in the corner..

It happened again tonight even though he was playing pretty well. Pretty despicable way to treat a FA you just signed.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    It happened again tonight even though he was playing pretty well. Pretty despicable way to treat a FA you just signed.
    Bad coach. Trade Lin to the Lakers so he can learn from Nash. Pnr with D12 be nice like what it was like with Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by protox
    Bad coach. Trade Lin to the Lakers so he can learn from Nash. Pnr with D12 be nice like what it was like with Chandler.
    lin+Montiejunas for jordan hill+Darius Morris+Steve Blake

Banned

I think it's safe to say that he's not a distributing PG. He's a scoring PG who plays best when he's the leading scorer; with a bunch role players.

He had his best game as a Rocket when Harden was out. He had his best games in New York when Melo and/or Amare was injured.

The problem is, no team would ever build around him. So his best bet would be becoming a 6th Man and run the second unit.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I think it's safe to say that he's not a distributing PG. He's a scoring PG who plays best when he's the leading scorer; with a bunch role players.

He had his best game as a Rocket when Harden was out. He had his best games in New York when Melo and/or Amare was injured.

The problem is, no team would ever build around him. So his best bet would be becoming a 6th Man and run the second unit.
    He does a fine job at distributing from the games that I've watched. He'd also have more assist if Asik would stuff it.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    lin+Montiejunas for jordan hill+Darius Morris+Steve Blake
    Can you please stop proposing trades in which we get butchered? Thanks.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

The coaching staff has absolutely no faith in Lin at all. It is so blatantly obvious. Sampson is the chief culprit.

Not even a monster game against the spurs: 38 pts, 7 assists, 4-5 3's, and 12/12 from the line is enough to sway them. Lin destroyed the spurs' defense singlehandedly. And it's no surprise that Asik had a career high in points, or that TD scored effortlessly, either.

When Harden's on the floor, the ball just stops. He's just as bad for an offense as Carmelo, if not worse. All of the other players just stand around and watch. They're afraid to shoot, lest they piss off the coaching staff, especially sampson, who has poisoned mchale's weak mind.

I suspect this situation is going to get very ugly over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller

When Harden's on the floor, the ball just stops. He's just as bad for an offense as Carmelo, if not worse. All of the other players just stand around and watch. They're afraid to shoot, lest they piss off the coaching staff, especially sampson, who has poisoned mchale's weak mind.

I suspect this situation is going to get very ugly over the next few months.
    Your completely right trade Harden away or bench him like the Knicks should have done to Melo and the Warriors should have done to Curry, don't NBA teams learn that Lin is the GOAT?

If Lin was a starter the Rockets would be 22-0 not battling at 500., what is the coaching staff thinking seriously? You have a potential All Star starter and sure shot Hall of Famer on the bench in the 4th come on. (yes this was a troll)

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Your completely right trade Harden away or bench him like the Knicks should have done to Melo and the Warriors should have done to Curry, don't NBA teams learn that Lin is the GOAT?

If Lin was a starter the Rockets would be 22-0 not battling at 500., what is the coaching staff thinking seriously? You have a potential All Star starter and sure shot Hall of Famer on the bench in the 4th come on. (yes this was a troll)
    These guys are idiots, seriously.

The Lin fans must be the most stupid fans ever, they whine all the time. I've been a Rocket fan for years and these delusional Lin fans even called me out for being a fake Rocket fan because I wasn't a huge fan of Lin.

When Harden killed teams in the beginning of the season they called Harden a ball-hog, when Lin didn't get much playing time they called both McHale and Sampson racists, when Lin doesn't put up many assists they blame Asik..

You got to understand one thing with these annoying Lin-fans, it's never Lin's fault and if something doesn't go very well for Lin it's either Harden's fault, the racist coaches fault or Asik's fault that he can't finish...

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    racist coaches fault or Asik's fault that he can't finish...
    It's not racist at all tho that Lin is pretty much getting voted into the All-star game strictly based on his stunning play this year in which hes torching every other PG tho and not which race he is.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    These guys are idiots, seriously.

The Lin fans must be the most stupid fans ever, they whine all the time. I've been a Rocket fan for years and these delusional Lin fans even called me out for being a fake Rocket fan because I wasn't a huge fan of Lin.

When Harden killed teams in the beginning of the season they called Harden a ball-hog, when Lin didn't get much playing time they called both McHale and Sampson racists, when Lin doesn't put up many assists they blame Asik..

You got to understand one thing with these annoying Lin-fans, it's never Lin's fault and if something doesn't go very well for Lin it's either Harden's fault, the racist coaches fault or Asik's fault that he can't finish...
    I blame the refs...they're racists.