Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: LOL @ Westbrook getting benched

Quote Originally Posted by alfonsito123
    They should start maynor or give him more minutes if westbrook continues to struggle. in game 1, he struggled to his shots. in game 2, he struggled by his turnovers. i think westbrook is more of a SG than a PG. would you agree?
    Starting Maynor would be foolish. It would derail OKC's flow and obviously tick off Westbrook. Westbrook is the starter, he's been a vital part of the team's success and getting them this far, so why in the hell would you bench him and start the backup based off the performance of a single game? Westbrook is already keeping his cool and doing the right thing... but if you bench him and start Maynor nothing positive could come from that; all hell would break loose and the team chemistry would be flipped upside down taking sides...

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook benched during Game 2 of Thunder-Mavs WCF!

If OKC actually starts Maynor, I don't see the Thunder killing us. Yeah, he is streaky, but he is great at attacking the basket, he draws fouls, dishes out great passes and if he's got a hot hand, he can go off for 30+. OKC usually needs Westbrook to score 20+ to win a game.

Scottie Brooks did a good coaching job I suppose. But even though it paid off this time, Westbrook is definitely more important in crunch time than Maynor.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    They shouldn't start Maynor. Hell, they shouldn't give him more than 15-20 minutes unless he's playing absolutely flawless basketball. Did you see the end of the 4th quarter? There's a reason he's a backup.
    Yeah people forget the two TO's that didn't get credited to Maynor due to chance. Yet 2 of Russ's 4 TO's were on Perkins but are credited to Westbrook because "stone hands" never got control.

Russ got pulled because he tried to run a play the players didn't run, had to improvise, turned it over, and was so pissed when he came to the bench he went off on Brooks about it. Westbrook mentally is easily set off kilter. With the media hounding and now this, I think he may be broke. We'll see how he responds.

After the game, he said he had no problem with not playing because "we was winning."

It'll be very interesting to see how Westbrook responds tonight.

I'm starting think Westbrook may not resign with the Thunder, and they may look to sign, and trade him down the road. He clearly wants to be the man, and that's not going to happen with Durant on your team.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo

I'm starting think Westbrook may not resign with the Thunder, and they may look to sign, and trade him down the road. He clearly wants to be the man, and that's not going to happen with Durant on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP

I know Thunder fans don't want to hear this, and it maybe an extreme over-reaction, but this type of thing has happened before. Not enough balls for two ego's, both want to be the man, one decides to eventually leave or the team trades them.

Not saying it will happen.
    Last edited by Kujo; 05-21-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

I know Thunder fans don't want to hear this, and it maybe an extreme over-reaction, but this type of thing has happened before. Not enough balls for two ego's, one decides to eventually leave.
    Dude, you don't give up on a 22 year old player who has made incredible strides as a PG in only 3 years. You have to remember this dude was a SG in college and moved to the point in the NBA. His game now compared to when he entered the league is phenomenally better and with his work ethic, mindset, and coachability there may not be a ceiling for just how good Westbrook can play. Giving up on a player this soon is how you destroy a franchise. Westbrook will not be traded off this team any time in the next 5 years.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Dude, you don't give up on a 22 year old player who has made incredible strides as a PG in only 3 years. You have to remember this dude was a SG in college and moved to the point in the NBA. His game now compared to when he entered the league is phenomenally better and with his work ethic, mindset, and coachability there may not be a ceiling for just how good Westbrook can play. Giving up on a player this soon is how you destroy a franchise. Westbrook will not be traded off this team any time in the next 5 years.
    Don't bother. These kats just rehashing whatever the media tells them. Westbrook is taking a whole 2 more fgas per game than he did in the regular season.

As for coming out of the game and getting benched, as was mentioned he tried to change the play call but nobody responded so he had to go 1 on 1, turned the ball over, Scott pulled him and he yelled, "run the fvckin play!!.... every God damned time!" while pointing on the court.

He was asked about it again last night after practice and again laughed at the media and dismissed the notion he is mad or upset trying to take over the team, said something like, "you guys keep looking at what i do, how bad or good I'm playing, but what's important is how is the team playing and we were winning and are in the western conference finals."

3 wins away from potentially reaching the finals, with a team who are all locked up at least 1 more season and ages go 22,27,22,21,26 (starting lineup) then 22,24,22,22,29 and only 1 30+ in Nazr and yet people want to act like the sky is falling.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He'll probably understand that he can't play like a dumbass and stay on the court otherwise his backup will gladly take his playing time.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    He also said, "We so excited!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi

Serious playground baller ThunderKat's Avatar

^^^ Another reason these guys should be forced to complete at least 2 years of college.

Local High School Star

I doubt it's the franchise that would cause a departure, it would probably be Westbrooke's decision.

I don't think he wants to leave, but the media are doing a great job at trying to shove a wedge in that team for some reason
    Last edited by comerb; 05-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.