Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

just watched the whole thing.
    I duno..

First of all I felt her family has to be somewhat responsible. They never talked to her? Gave her help and support? Gave her advice on what to do? It seems her parents are separated, and that had an effect on her too.

Second.. a lot of it was her own doing. First flashing.. that was dumb, but ok she was young. Then when the freaky guy showed up.. she should have told her family, and gotten the cops to track the guy. If her boobs were seen by everyone already, she could tell her family about it right? She also slept with another girl's BF, knowing that he had a gf. Why would she do that? Those were her actions.

Her last mistake? Why did she keep all of her old friends from facebook? She wanted to move on didn't she? What's the point of moving to a new city if you're keeping your old friends on facebook?

At the end of the day, I felt a lot of things could've been done differently. A lot of people could have helped her, including herself.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    just watched the whole thing.
    I duno..

First of all I felt her family has to be somewhat responsible. They never talked to her? Gave her help and support? Gave her advice on what to do? It seems her parents are separated, and that had an effect on her too.

Second.. a lot of it was her own doing. First flashing.. that was dumb, but ok she was young. Then when the freaky guy showed up.. she should have told her family, and gotten the cops to track the guy. If her boobs were seen by everyone already, she could tell her family about it right? She also slept with another girl's BF, knowing that he had a gf. Why would she do that? Those were her actions.

Her last mistake? Why did she keep all of her old friends from facebook? She wanted to move on didn't she? What's the point of moving to a new city if you're keeping your old friends on facebook?

At the end of the day, I felt a lot of things could've been done differently. A lot of people could have helped her, including herself.
    I observed those same things. Young girls can be pretty naive though. Sleeeping with the guy? She had a need to be wanted. Stalker? He threatened her. Keeping her FB contacts? Curiousity. She had seperated parents too.
    But doesn't it seem the ones who are bullied seem to bottle it up the most? She was a recluse, had anxiety which forced her to stay indoors. She probably couldn't tell a person if she wanted to.
    In any case I still sympathize. She may have created some circumstances, but she did try to escape them, and she didn't asked to be hated for simply flashing her boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    damn thats really sad
    especially the last couple cards

the cruelty of some kids/teenagers is shocking at times, and of course its worse because of mob mentality (gotta be mean to fit in)

she struggled so much, and people beat her while she was on the ground...
    poor girl
    I used to only think bullying like that happened on television shows and in movies, but I keep on getting proved wrong. I have such a hard time understanding how a group of people can torment an individual so much that they want to kill themselves, and without a single person stepping in and saying this is wrong. I'd like to think if I was put into that situation I would stand up for the bullied, so I don't get why there aren't more people who help. We lieve in a messed up world man

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    I used to only think bullying like that happened on television shows and in movies, but I keep on getting proved wrong. I have such a hard time understanding how a group of people can torment an individual so much that they want to kill themselves, and without a single person stepping in and saying this is wrong. I'd like to think if I was put into that situation I would stand up for the bullied, so I don't get why there aren't more people who help. We lieve in a messed up world man
    Exactly what jaydacris said.

People want to be accepted and the quickest way to do so is follow the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Exactly what jaydacris said.

People want to be accepted and the quickest way to do so is follow the mob.
    At what cost though? Someone elses life? If that is the current mentality then I really don't want to live in this country anymore.

EDIT: Not trying to say you are wrong, just upset at the situation.

At what cost though? Someone elses life? If that is the current mentality then I really don't want to live in this country anymore.

EDIT: Not trying to say you are wrong, just upset at the situation.
    Not offended bro.

In certain situations yes. I'm pretty sure that these bullies figured this girl wasn't going to ever kill herself. It's pure entertainment to them. Take a smaller scale like ISH. One poster becomes a target? boom! Mob mentality occurs. What do the outsiders do who click on the thread? Join the pile on at the expense of the singular poster who is trying to defend themselves.

Now in no way are these 2 situations on the same scale but the scenario plays out the same on any scale.

I would also add that her first big "crime" was showing her breasts Like, is that such a big deal nowadays? Poor kid.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I would also add that her first big "crime" was showing her breasts Like, is that such a big deal nowadays? Poor kid.

HS females hate girls that are ho's. i didn't read or watch the whole story only the Q cards part but if she was a ho i sort of get why she got harrassed so bad by other females.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    HS females hate girls that are ho's. i didn't read or watch the whole story only the Q cards part but if she was a ho i sort of get why she got harrassed so bad by other females.
    It wasn't just harassed. They followed her after she changed schools 3 times just to keep messing with her and ruining her life.

NBA Superstar

It wasn't just harassed. They followed her after she changed schools 3 times just to keep messing with her and ruining her life.

yeah thats messed up then. i don't even want to watch it tho since its such a buzz kill story.

there was actually a recent incident in S.Korea where some people on the internet spread false rumors nonstop about a celebrity idol, saying he lied about having a Stanford diploma amongst other things, which hurt his career, and the judge just sentenced them to 10 months in prison. pretty crazy.

damn, I read up news articles about her, one of them linked to a facebook R.I.P. support page for her, and wow I am in shock. The amount of negativity, hate, and bullying that continues after the girls death.. There are people are there posting that she deserves it, and making memes and jokes about it.

Even with all the fights here on ISH, this is a much better and peaceful place.

The internet is a weird place. Seriously.. where are all these f-ed up people in real life??

I don't know what to say about this...

so I'll just say Rest in Peace.

I'll probably be making a few comments about this situation in the future.

I got a few questions as well.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.
    Yeah it's no doubt a sad and messed up story, but young girls have to be smart about what they put out there to the public. The 2nd thing I don't understand is why the police aren't investigating someone who's stalking a girl and putting up topless pictures of an underage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I dont mean to sound harsh or to blame her, but why didnt she just get off social networking sites?

Nevertheless bullies are horrible people.
    100% agree, while it's partially her fault, those bullies are such assholes for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    This whole bullying thing is being blown out of proportion. Bullying has and will always exist. Is it wrong? Sure. But bullying is part of human nature and adults engage in forms of bullying as well let alone kids.

For god's sakes we live in America. America is the biggest bully in the world by far. We ain't complaining.

We should put these resources into teaching kids how to deal with bullying not a futile attempt to stop it from happening.