Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: #30 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I love John Stockton. You put he and wade in the same league in their primes nobody asks who is better. Its Wade. Hes been as good as some people on this list in their primes since his second season.

You could say the same thing about Patrick Ewing and John Stockton.

Prime for prime, do you think Wade was a better player than Patrick Ewing? I'm undecided.

And Dennis Rodman could pass his ass off.......
    Rodman didn't touch the ball enough on the offensive end for his passing to impact games in any meaninful way. I should have been a little clearer.

Banned

Torn between Ewing and Stockton in this spot ... funny thing is i don't think Cousy is THAT much better than Stockton, but the list shows it that way ... anyways ... Stockton is my pick.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Willis Reed just beats out Ewing for my vote

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    You could say the same thing about Patrick Ewing and John Stockton.

Prime for prime, do you think Wade was a better player than Patrick Ewing? I'm undecided.
    I mentioned that earlier too:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=22

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Agreed.

Wade was arguably the best player in the league in 2009, and a top two player for several other seasons. As good as John Stockton was, he was never on that level. I'd even say that a peak Wade is more comparable to a peak Malone than he is to peak Stockton, at least impact wise.

No idea where people are getting the idea that wade this high is a problem. At least 14 people on this list...sharing a league with Wade? might not be better. 4-5 people already on it have been widely considered worse than Wade at some point in or near their primes sharing a league with him. Hes a 2 time champ. Leagues leading scorer. No less than 10 of the guys ranked over him never accomplished what he did as a team leader and the great number of them had more talent than he did in 06 to do it.

I love John Stockton. You put he and wade in the same league in their primes nobody asks who is better. Its Wade. Hes been as good as some people on this list in their primes since his second season.
    I agree with everything said here but my VOTE is STOCKTON.

Wade should be right behind him..in a few years, Wade will probably pass stockton and several others on this list but stockton has the 2 records that will be very very hard to break and he deserves a lot of credit for how he played later in his career. Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?
    Last edited by PK3434; 09-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    I agree with everything said here but my VOTE is STOCKTON.

Wade should be right behind him..in a few years, Wade will probably pass stockton and several others on this list but stockton has the 2 records that will be very very hard to break and he deserves a lot of credit for how he played later in his career. Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?
    Obviously not. Still Wade > Stockton.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 09-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Agreed.

Wade was arguably the best player in the league in 2009, and a top two player for several other seasons. As good as John Stockton was, he was never on that level. I'd even say that a peak Wade is more comparable to a peak Malone than he is to peak Stockton, at least impact wise.
    That's actually debatable too. Malone had different styles to his game in parts of his prime, one that depended more on Stockton and the other where he was much more skilled.

I might be big man bias though and while I do think Malone is very overrated, you can actually have toss up here for peaks.

I try to compare Wade to guards first and Wade is a Top 6 guard all-time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?
    He won't have too, to be over Stockton.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAmazing
    Willis Reed just beats out Ewing for my vote
    Can't agree with you there, sure he went through a young KAJ and a nearly retired Wilt but was unfairly cut short on playing time later in his career due to injury. Ewing didn't win a title, but had to frequently come up against some of the greatest players of all time in their prime. If not for MJ the Knicks would have won in 92 and 97, and made the finals in 93. Ewing was also the centrepiece of a dominant Knicks team from 90-99.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That Wade getting worse and worse will make him one day better than Stockton is the whole reason I hate these discussions at times.

We just arent talking about basketball anymore.........

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Anybody who's seen bo th Wade and Stockton play knows that Wade is better. Wade was damn near unstoppable at his best.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Ewing

Clyde Drexler

Ewing