Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Derrick Rose is that Dumb, Will He ever Be Great

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    He's pretty dumb. So evident in interviews. And might be the reason why I've never hopped on his bandwagon. But damn he can play tho! His court vision is lacking however (lack of intelligence there? not sure).
    Any links to these 'stupid interviews'? I guess I've never heard him talk, now that I think of it.

Not everyone is a good test taker. I got a 1400 on the new SAT, which is the equivalence of roughly 930 on the old one. Then again, I never claimed I was a genius.

Basketball is not quantum physics....half of the NBA/NFL/MLB are flaming idiots on a scholastic level.

Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, and Steve Nash aren't necessarily geniuses off court b/c they are on court, conversely.

I don't think an inability to do good at written tests means you're an idiot. Some people are better at being hands on while some people are great at written tests, but are stupid when it comes to hands on.

I got 1200 on the old SAT....I'm a good test taker....doesn't make me 'smart'.....it means I can memorize bull**** for a test.

Not airballing my layups anymore

^ Go Getter, I am quite certain those 3 are much smarter than Derrick Rose. But that said, none of them have his athletic/physical gifts (and that can make up for a lot of what's missing upstairs). Anyways, I think this is much ado about nothing (at least for now). His "stupidity" hasn't hindered his play thus far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Not everyone is a good test taker. I got a 1400 on the new SAT, which is the equivalence of roughly 930 on the old one. Then again, I never claimed I was a genius.

820 is horrible considering it was the new SAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0xyVv88ME

I thought he was just shy, but he might just be dumb.
    Last edited by Interminator; 05-29-2009 at 11:55 AM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I got 1200 on the old SAT....I'm a good test taker....doesn't make me 'smart'.....it means I can memorize bull**** for a test.
    This is exactly it... They only test you on a few areas of your brain. If there was a test for sports, running, body control, strength etc I am sure Rose would ace it.

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    I got a 1530 on the new one as well. But then I got a 27 on the ACT.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I got a 1530 on the new one as well. But then I got a 27 on the ACT.
    What is an average score on the new SAT? It's out of 2400 correct?

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    ^ Go Getter, I am quite certain those 3 are much smarter than Derrick Rose. But that said, none of them have his athletic/physical gifts (and that can make up for a lot of what's missing upstairs). Anyways, I think this is much ado about nothing (at least for now). His "stupidity" hasn't hindered his play thus far.
    Basketball is NOT something you need a high IQ for....you can be trained....it doesn't take higher brain functions.

My uncle (RIP) was certified crazy (schitzo)...all he would do is smoke weed and laugh at God knows what all day...but he was a mechanical genius...he had cars lined up in front of the house because of his skill.

I believe that Rose a typical spoiled athlete that let people do things to placate/enable him to shirk his academic responsibilities...who knows if he would have scored if he took the test legitimately?

At any rate the SAT does not equal on court success...many HOF basketball players are plumb dumb.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodin
    What is an average score on the new SAT? It's out of 2400 correct?
    An average score is 1500 out of 2400, 3 sections Reading, Math,& Verbal.

But the main thing colleges look at is the combined score of Reading & Math.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Basketball is NOT something you need a high IQ for....you can be trained....it doesn't take higher brain functions.

My uncle (RIP) was certified crazy (schitzo)...all he would do is smoke weed and laugh at God knows what all day...but he was a mechanical genius...he had cars lined up in front of the house because of his skill.

I believe that Rose a typical spoiled athlete that let people do things to placate/enable him to shirk his academic responsibilities...who knows if he would have scored if he took the test legitimately?

At any rate the SAT does not equal on court success...many HOF basketball players are plumb dumb.
    Where do you guys get that many basketball players are stupid? Some might be, but not all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

820 is horrible considering it was the new SAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0xyVv88ME

I thought he was just shy, but he might just be dumb.

That's right. I forgot he's my age, so he was in the first year of the new SAT. But seriously, don't you get like 200-300 points just for putting your name down? If the 820 is on the new SAT, that's the equivalence of roughly 550 on the old one. On the old SAT, wasn't the minimum to get a sports scholarship 700?