Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Madden 13 unreadable disc

XBox. Brother bought it at midnight. We played half a series, unreadable disc. Now we do a play now, opening kick off, immediate disc error as soon as the kick's off.

Never had a problem like this. No scratches on the disc or anything, it's spotless. But it doesn't work. Am I going to have to go through a bunch of bullshit that ends up in him having to buy a new disc?

And **** the video game forum, I don't care.

Default Re: Madden 13 unreadable disc

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    XBox. Brother bought it at midnight. We played half a series, unreadable disc. Now we do a play now, opening kick off, immediate disc error as soon as the kick's off.

Never had a problem like this. No scratches on the disc or anything, it's spotless. But it doesn't work. Am I going to have to go through a bunch of bullshit that ends up in him having to buy a new disc?

And **** the video game forum, I don't care.
    call the manufacturer and send it in

Bring it back to the store. They'll probably be a pain but they;ll give you a new Madden disc. I returned a game that didn't read (actually was NBA2Ksomething i believe)

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Spent like 90 minutes talking to a Calcutta call center that wouldn't admit they're a call center, just kept referring me to the warranty trying to get me to mail in the disc and get a replacement. They saw no problem with a faulty product on an extremely anticipated launchdate.

Had the same problem when I bought NBA 2K12 last year. I took the game back and got a different disc. Still had the same problem. Turns out the lens inside my Xbox was messed up. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Had the same problem when I bought NBA 2K12 last year. I took the game back and got a different disc. Still had the same problem. Turns out the lens inside my Xbox was messed up. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it was for me.
    this sounds reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    this sounds reasonable...
    I'm assuming OP is not an idiot and tried running a couple of other games.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm assuming OP is not an idiot and tried running a couple of other games.
    When the lens starts to go it has more trouble with some games than others. My XBOX can't play sports games and coughed with GTA, plays a lot of other things.

I am failing to see why OP doesn't return to store.

Yah you should have took it back after the final disc unreadable. Tell them you have no issues playing other games besides this one that you just recieved not too long ago. Its not like this is a week. It launch day, midnight release copy. Calling customer service is pointless.

Also offtopic, games I tend to play a good deal of I download to my xbox. No even if it was a scratch on the disc your chances of it reading are greater. Something to consider as well.

Decent college freshman

Why didn't you just exchange it at the store?

I did that with MW3 which was unreadable when I bought it and they gave me a new one. The game is so shit that I should have just kept the broken one though.

3-time NBA All-Star

Same thing happened to me a few months back.... at first everything was fine, then NBA2k12 would be unreadable after a few mintues of gameplay, then Madden would shut down after like a quarter, and eventually I couldn't play any games for longer than a minute or two.

Like others have said, it could just be a dirty lens.... but it also could be the dreaded RROD creeping in.