Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Decent playground baller BeebCats's Avatar

Default Re: Bobcats trade Emeka Okafor to Hornets for Tyson Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    I respect your opinions as a Bobcats fan, even though I don't agree with them. And just as you can express yours, I see no reason not to express mine. You are right though, I can't say I have watched many Bobcats games but I just disagree mostly with the statement made previously that: "after the trade, the bobcats could have beat any team in the league".
    If you beat the NBA champions 2x, you have a chance to beat any team in the league (in the regular season). It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913lYS8-Kuo

okafor throooooooooowing damp and dirk's weak ****
    He never blocks dirk in that vid.

Default Re: chandler for okafor deal brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    I don't understand why the Bobcats would do this
    Okafor was the most senior member of the Bobcats in terms of time with the team - being with the team from its inception. So he had control in the locker room due to seniority.

Now Larry Brown gets control in the locker room again, until he leaves of course.

Kind of like what Dumars did when he dumped Billups - to regain control of the locker room.

The Bobcats are a garbage team with no vision of what they are trying to do.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by BeebCats
    If you beat the NBA champions 2x, you have a chance to beat any team in the league (in the regular season). It's that simple.
    Two years ago the Wiz took 3 out of 4 against the soon to be champion Celtics. Means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Okafor was the most senior member of the Bobcats in terms of time with the team - being with the team from its inception. So he had control in the locker room due to seniority.

Now Larry Brown gets control in the locker room again, until he leaves of course.

Kind of like what Dumars did when he dumped Billups - to regain control of the locker room.

Where the **** do you get this ****? You make up stories like this for no reason. You said TC was traded because he did something to piss off Shinn. Now you say Emeka is traded so Brown can get more power in the locker room. Dude, stop your fiction novels because you are a dumbass.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Where the **** do you get this ****? You make up stories like this for no reason. You said TC was traded because he did something to piss off Shinn. Now you say Emeka is traded so Brown can get more power in the locker room. Dude, stop your fiction novels because you are a dumbass.
    it's hawkfan. he says dumb things, and makes dumb threads.

what did you expect? smart words to appear by his avatar?

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan

okafor never had control of the locker room.raymond felton and wallace are the locker room leaders.okafor has never been a vocal leader.and its funny how a hawks fan says the bobcats are a garbage team with no vision.your hawks were irrelevant for a good what,10 year stretch.
    Last edited by CarolinaBlue704; 07-28-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Decent playground baller BeebCats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.C.O.L.B.
    Two years ago the Wiz took 3 out of 4 against the soon to be champion Celtics. Means nothing.
    That was in the response to "after the trade, the bobcats could have beat any team in the league" being false. Fact is, if they can beat the lakers in the regular season, they can beat any team in the regular season. I'm not saying that makes them better than the lakers.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore gutterballer733's Avatar

From just reading through the first and last few pages of this thread it is painfully obvious that many of posters don't know very much at all about the Bobcats past, present, or future. They are not a very high scoring bunch, they play solid defense (when their best defenders aren't injured(Bell/Wallace)), and the only time anyone sees them play is when they are playing your team. They are never nationally televised. This trade is being bashed by everyone who doesn't know anything about the team. With that said, it's very interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterballer733
    From just reading through the first and last few pages of this thread it is painfully obvious that many of posters don't know very much at all about the Bobcats past, present, or future. They are not a very high scoring bunch, they play solid defense (when their best defenders aren't injured(Bell/Wallace)), and the only time anyone sees them play is when they are playing your team. They are never nationally televised. This trade is being bashed by everyone who doesn't know anything about the team. With that said, it's very interesting to read.
    So what's your point? Tell us what you think of the trade and give YOUR analysis.

I thought you guys might find this interesting. Here's the online poll from the Charlotte Observer asking if Charlottons (is that right?) liked the trade. Seems they don't know what to make of it either:

Courtesy: Charlotte Observer

Last edited by bagelred; 07-29-2009 at 12:25 AM.

The advantage of the trade is 60:40 in favor of the Hornets. Chandler had good stats in the 07/08 season but lacks a consistent offensive game, and his stats are inflated with the help of Chris Paul. Okafor would be small for a center but can put up a double-double every night, and should get better stats playing with CP3. The move however does further screw up the Hornets financial situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis007
    The move however does further screw up the Hornets financial situation...
    No it does not. Why do people keep saying that? It HELPS their financial situation.

The Hornets will save $2.6 million this year with salary difference/luxury tax. And it will save Hornets $2.7 million NEXT year, assuming Hornets over luxury tax as well.

Why are you worried about 2011? That's 2 years away. Hornets have plenty of time to make moves to make sure they are under luxury tax during that year and beyond......

ISH hates this trade so much, they refuse to make it a Sticky. Fascinating.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore gutterballer733's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    So what's your point? Tell us what you think of the trade and give YOUR analysis.
    My point is, half of the posters are spewing false information and biased opinions.

As for my opinion of the trade, I think that it is a wash for both teams. Okafor and Chandler both needed a change of scenery and they got it with this trade. The Hornets are not getting a "great" deal here like a lot of people are indicating. Okafor was nothing more than a glorified role player (who is paid like a star) even for a team like the Bobcats. While he does posses slightly more offensive skills than Chandler, it is not as wide a gap as some might think. And for the person who said Okafor was a locker room leader, he most definitely was not. Okafor averaged a double double for his career, although his ppg and rpg have both declined for the past three seasons. Chandler has also averaged a double double over past three seasons with the Hornets. One "major issue" of Chandler's was his fragile health, but he has played in at least 71 game in 6 or 8 seasons. I dont consider that a major problem. A change of scenery trade that will do good for both players if you ask me.