Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: Better floor leader: Jordan or Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    the most selfish player in nba history a leader? please stop.
    Nobody even mentioned Mr. Kobe Bryant's name, why are even hinting towards him.

This is plain trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Jordan + Kareem + Worthy >>> Jordan + Pippen + Grant

Kareem is GOAT top 3.
    Worthy has a complete post-up polished offensive game & is an all-time great.

tell me you think otherwise !

I dont see MJ + Kareem + Worthy LOOSING a single NBA Finals or Conf Finals to any team.
    I still fail to see how that would increase his rebounds from 8 to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    This guy La Frescobaldi has a vicious BIASED agenda. You OWNED his a$$ completely with that "before they got Old" thing.

well done.
    Im just getting started. I cant wait for him to say that the Lakers and Pistons werent at full strength

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    I could easiky se Jordan avg 33/8/10 if he played a Role similar to James. Meaning a pseudo PG

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

It doesn't matter which era was tougher to play in or any other nonsense. The Question is: who was the better floor leader? Magic's job was to control the offense and get the ball to the the players in the best position to score. Which he did. He was also a great motivator, he directed the offense like a coach out on the floor. Jordan's job was to score. Jordan was a great player, but he played within a system just like everyone else on the floor. A system designed to get him the ball in certain spots so he could score. Magic was clearly a better floor leader.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    It doesn't matter which era was tougher to play in or any other nonsense. The Question is: who was the better floor leader? Magic's job was to control the offense and get the ball to the the players in the best position to score. Which he did. He was also a great motivator, he directed the offense like a coach out on the floor. Jordan's job was to score. Jordan was a great player, but he played within a system just like everyone else on the floor. A system designed to get him the ball in certain spots so he could score. Magic was clearly a better floor leader.
    Great post

Troll who tries to provoke you

Jordan could get 2 offensive "weak side" rebound put backs easily.

When all the opposition focus is on Kareem & Worthy being boxed out.

MJ was always a terrific weak side rebounder

& throughout Bulls era, Opponents outrebounded CHI particularly NYK & MIA & IND cuz lack of quality front court rebounder.

Pure rebounder Rodman's recruitment finally helped Bulls at PF position. But No center, No real rebounding SF positin hurt bulls more often then not.

throughout Bulls era, MJ & Pippen overcompensated for rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I could easiky se Jordan avg 33/8/10 if he played a Role similar to James. Meaning a pseudo PG
    So you think Jordan playing in Lebron's role would average more assist than Lebron himself, despite Lebron being the better passer?

So you think Jordan playing in Lebron's role would average more assist than Lebron himself, despite Lebron being the better passer?
    If he played with Jabaar and Worthy yes.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Neither Jordan nor Rodman ever said anything suggesting the Bulls era was weaker than any other. I know Rodman said you couldn't compare the 96 Bulls to the great teams of the 80s ONLY BECAUSE THEY HADNT WON ANYTHING YET.

Neither the Lakers nor Pistons were old at the time they were destroyed by the Bulls. What do you consider old? For the Lakers, Magic was 30 one year removed from being MVP, and.was runner-up in 91. He put up basically the same stats. Worthy was 28 or 29 the same as Scott. The same holds true for the Pistons. I guess you could say Laimbeer was old. But he was in his 30s when the Pistons won. Not to mention his game was predicated on strength and jumpshooting. So Id like to ask you, who was old on those teams?
    Really?
    Come on man. Where was Cooper? Where was McAdoo? Where was Kareem? RETIRED, THAT'S WHERE. That means they got old.

Where was Rambis? Where was Coach Pat Riley?
    No matter what you might want to believe, that wasn't Showtime Lakers.

I'm not going over this again bro. I have bias like anyone; but I sure don't have 97Bulls as a name or an avi that has just 1 goal in life. I ain't wasting anymore time on this when it's already got like 40 threads on ISH alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    great post.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Really?
    Come on man. Where was Cooper? Where was McAdoo? Where was Kareem? RETIRED, THAT'S WHERE. That means they got old.

I'm not going over this again bro. I have bias like anyone; but I sure don't have 97Bulls as a name or an avi that has just 1 goal in life. I ain't wasting anymore time on this when it's already got like 40 threads on ISH alone.
    And the Celtics never beat the Lakers at full strength, the Lakers beat the Sixers without Moses Malone, weve been through this. The Celtics beat teams that were barely or under .500. The Lakers played in perhaps the worst conference the NBA has ever seen. We could punch holes in any teams opposition.

Lol we all have a bias. But that bias becomes an agenda when the circumstances are taken into account. And dont forget. YOU BROUGHT THIS UP. And like usual, when I catch it, I confront it and then people like you who have that agenda tuck tail and run. Because you dont want the truth.

And the Celtics never beat the Lakers at full strength, the Lakers beat the Sixers without Moses Malone, weve been through this. The Celtics beat teams that were barely or under .500. The Lakers played in perhaps the worst conference the NBA has ever seen. We could punch holes in any teams opposition.

Lol we all have a bias. But that bias becomes an agenda when the circumstances are taken into account. And dont forget. YOU BROUGHT THIS UP. And like usual, when I catch it, I confront it and then people like you who have that agenda tuck tail and run. Because you dont want the truth.
    No, actually ghengiskhan brought it up, and you butted in.

Really?

It's not that much the old age, it's the mileage of a team that reaches to the NBA Finals year after year after year and rests way less than the average. The Lakers from 1982 to 1989 missed the Finals only once. In 1990, they were at least as good as in 1991, and they still lost to the Suns. Add this to the fact that players like Kareem and McAdoo were definitely old and Magic, though almost 31 in 1991, was already in his 12th season, and this makes the team way older than its players' ages show. By contrast, among the 1991-98 Bulls, I can only recall one player who played all these 8 years with the team, Pippen, and even he, by 1998, wasn't the same player he was in the first half of the 90's.
    Of course, the 1991 Lakers weren't the Showtime Lakers for the reasons you mentioned, unless we also call the 1990 Bulls or the 1995 Bulls "prime Bulls".

No, actually ghengiskhan brought it up, and you butted in.
    No. You brought it up. Ghengis stated that Jordan was a better leader because he led his team to a better finals record than Magic. You then replied with that same drivel about how Jordan's Bulls in the 80s couldn't beat the Celtics (cuz thats what youre getting at). As if that was a fair assesment. Logical people know the Bulls in the mid 80s werent any good. Which again shows your agenda. How can you on one hand knock the Bulls for not beating the Celtics in 86 and 87 when he didnt have sufficient help because Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, Jackson etc werent there, But then knock their beating the Lakers because Kareem and Coop werent there? You dont see how hypocritical that is? You cant even go a sentence without contradicting yourself.