Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Future D1 Dad

Default Re: 4-team trade sends Collison and Posey to Indiana! Troy Murphy gone

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that more pacer fans are on this board since the trade. Kinda weird...shame on you guys being ashamed of being a pacers fan
    they coming outta the woodwork.

I am also dino.....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Granny Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that more pacer fans are on this board since the trade. Kinda weird...shame on you guys being ashamed of being a pacers fan
    More? There are like 5 guys on this board...
    But you're right, i would care less about the pacers if no trade happened.
    Now let's get this wagon rolling!

the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    I am also dino.....
    Why are you posting on Loot's old account instead of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    Why are you posting on Loot's old account instead of your own?
    Because I can.

Because I can.
    well it makes no sense and just confuses us other posters who think you really are Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    well it makes no sense and just confuses us other posters who think you really are Loot.
    That sucks for you.

That sucks for you.
    wow, what is up with the hostility, woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

Future D1 Dad

just watched a video of Collison's 1st day at Conseco FH. what the hell is going on w/ his right hand? it was wrapped up like crazy.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    just watched a video of Collison's 1st day at Conseco FH. what the hell is going on w/ his right hand? it was wrapped up like crazy.
    Broke his pinky playing ball, he''ll be fine in a couple weeks, plenty of time for training camp. No biggie.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Broke his pinky playing ball, he''ll be fine in a couple weeks, plenty of time for training camp. No biggie.
    glad to hear.

I am still amazed the Pacers finally got a real nice young prospect. Collison was a beast when Paul was out, and he is a very high IQ player. Playing 4 years at UCLA really stood out his rookie season. Great for the Pacers and great for the fans. He is going to be able to set the playe for his teammates, and he has an ability to score I did not expect. Granger will benefit from him on the court and maybe he can stop chucking those 3's.

I believe the Pacers will still have enough cap to make a splash next season. Just let the expiring contracts expire unless legit prospects come their way. Dunleavy has been very injury riddled, I don't expect much from him. But I wouldnt be surprised to see him post 12/3/3 if healthy.

Hibbert is only going to get better, and the departure of Murphy really opens the doors for Tyler Hansbrough. We will get to see what he really is made of.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I believe the Pacers will still have enough cap to make a splash next season. Just let the expiring contracts expire unless legit prospects come their way.
    I think that's the plan really. Sure maybe some outstanding offer will come their way again (still amazed all it took for DC was taking Posey's manageable bad contract and Murphy), but there's expirers who happen to be overpaid but still offer some legitimate top tier skills (Murphy's rebounding and 3s) and then just overpaid expirers. I can't see anyone giving up a prospect worth a second look for Ford/Dunleavy/Foster, there's not many cash strapped teams anymore and none of them could give a contender "that extra bump." Maybe Foster but he's got to show he can still play. And then of course matching money has to come in, which in all likelihood means taking on bad deals. We can't afford that.

Besides, people see all the money coming off the books and say "hey we've got 26ish million dollars to spend next summer!" Which is technically true, but there's a Hibbert extension coming after next season, and maybe one for Rush, though his wouldn't be a major raise like Roy I assume. Also, we can't sustain a payroll just below the tax threshold. Even if you don't even consider the extensions that need to be given the payroll has just been too high for the franchise the last few years. I could certainly be wrong but I don't think it's financially feasible for the team to have around the same amount of payroll as we've had recently going forward, not until there's actually a reason for it. $65ish million is just too much.

Decent college freshman

People, before you get too excited, don't forget JO'B's offense is not friendly to dribble drive PGs like Collison in the way that NO's was. He has killed guys like this before.