Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: We Now Know Derrick Rose's Weakness

Fear of needles! Haha, what, did he skip a grade, is he actually 15 or something? You don't even feel that ****. Anyways, there is so much dirty work behind the curtains in any sport, especially the NBA where you get injected with various things to help you play, if this man can't take it, it is going to be a problem unless they have pills instead.

I'm sure there have been other players before who were afraid of needles in the past though.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Re: Rose's crying and running about in fear

Wow...that is kind of pathetic. I guess growing up in hockey nation has accustomed me to certain amount of stoicism (seeing guys get there brow stitched shut on the bench in between shifts) in these sorts of matters.

Still, the dude will likely be an amazing pro if he gets in the right situation. I just hope he lands somewhere deep enough he can come off the bench for a while and learn pure point skills from a veteran. They force him into the fire too early he will be another super athletic combo guard, instead of a matchup nightmare legit point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Fear of needles! Haha, what, did he skip a grade, is he actually 15 or something? You don't even feel that ****. Anyways, there is so much dirty work behind the curtains in any sport, especially the NBA where you get injected with various things to help you play, if this man can't take it, it is going to be a problem unless they have pills instead.

I'm sure there have been other players before who were afraid of needles in the past though.
    i'm pretty sure the whole article is a bit played up, he probably didn't want stiches and just wanted the glued on ones instead. Someone had to turn it into a big story.

And you're a retard if you think that it will get in his way in the nba and that the guys get "injected" with dirty drugs that make you play better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    i'm pretty sure the whole article is a bit played up, he probably didn't want stiches and just wanted the glued on ones instead. Someone had to turn it into a big story.

And you're a retard if you think that it will get in his way in the nba and that the guys get "injected" with dirty drugs that make you play better.
    ^^Well some players get injections in their knees when their injured.

Imagine if a death row inmate had a fear of needles can you imagine the torture trying to inject him while hes strapped down and screaming,I can only imagine how it'd make the victim's family feel

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman

I guess it won't be a problem for him, they'll get around it. And when I said injected with things to help them play better, I ment things to numb some pains, things like that, they play with so many injuries and right after surgeries and things like that, they they need it either for extra strength just to be at their old level, things like that, and that's a fact. I think Andris Biedrins had an epindectomy (Sp.) that Grant Hill had, while Hill was out with it for 2 weeks, Andris playeed one game with the problem, then had the surgery and came back immediatly.

cartmanclone
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

How is he Scared of Needles, Yet he has a fat tatoo on his arm

I rule the local playground

DRose was beastly today....
    Special special talent.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I would've also accepted: poor jumpshot, over-dribbling/palming, forces passes, needs to add strength, and defense.
    Add strength? Are you kidding me? You're watching the wrong player then based on half of those dumb ass assumptions. Let's be honest, you're salty he didnt go to Illinois. Derrick Rose is extremely built for a freshman PG ... and he has a rare explosion of speed and power. It was on full display the other night against Michigan State. He'd get fouled and still finish the play.

Oh yeah, AND HE'S A FRESHMAN. All that stuff will be alieviated in time. He's still probably the best PG in the nation even given his weakness. He's a better overall player than Eric Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by AlThornton
    DRose was beastly today....
    Special special talent.

He is one heck of an athlete. I think he would be an excellent scoring guard in the NBA.

Root Of All Evil

Derrick Rose is a small 6'3 version of LeBron James. I kid you not. That's the best player comparison in terms of style that I can assimilate him to.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Add strength? Are you kidding me? You're watching the wrong player then based on half of those dumb ass assumptions.
    He's not terribly strong. That much is obvious. He's still getting picked off screens and not fighting through them well to the point that they switch on them.

Let's be honest, you're salty he didnt go to Illinois.
    No. I already put in this thread that I'd take him #1 overall and I want him on my team even though we have Devin Harris and Marcus Williams. Nice job glancing over that.

Derrick Rose is extremely built for a freshman PG
    Operative word: Freshman. Not for an NBA point guard which he wants to be.

... and he has a rare explosion of speed and power. It was on full display the other night against Michigan State. He'd get fouled and still finish the play.
    One game, one play doesn't mean anything to me. Stephen Curry was finishing plays against Wisconsin..does that mean he's strong? No.

Oh yeah, AND HE'S A FRESHMAN. All that stuff will be alieviated in time. He's still probably the best PG in the nation even given his weakness. He's a better overall player than Eric Gordon.
    Thank you captain obvious. I already posted these comments before. However you have to take into account that he has weaknesses before becoming a great point guard in the league. Everything I mentioned are noticeable weaknesses. If I'm salty he didn't go to Illinois, you're blind from the truth.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    He's not terribly strong. That much is obvious. He's still getting picked off screens and not fighting through them well to the point that they switch on them.

How in the hell do you explain him leap get hit and still finish with flair(he does this at least once or twice a game). he is strong, admit it.

No. I already put in this thread that I'd take him #1 overall and I want him on my team even though we have Devin Harris and Marcus Williams. Nice job glancing over that.

Agree

Operative word: Freshman. Not for an NBA point guard which he wants to be.
    He is strong for any point guard prospect. Jamont Gordon is stronger, but that doesnt mean Rose isn't strong

One game, one play doesn't mean anything to me. Stephen Curry was finishing plays against Wisconsin..does that mean he's strong? No.

He Shows off his explosion and leaping ability almost every game. But you knew that right, since you have seen him before?

Thank you captain obvious. I already posted these comments before. However you have to take into account that he has weaknesses before becoming a great point guard in the league. Everything I mentioned are noticeable weaknesses. If I'm salty he didn't go to Illinois, you're blind from the truth.

He has improved his jumpshot, still not where it needs to be, but IMO he has the work ethic to where it wont be a weakness in a few years.
    he has weaknesses, but not as many as you said

Root Of All Evil

Fighting through screens has next to NOTHING to do with strength. The fact that was your reasoning as to why Rose needs to get stronger, is why I didn't even bother reading the rest of your post. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. And I mean CLEARLY.

NBA Superstar

I can see Interminator passing on Rose if he was GM. The risk of getting cut during game 7 of the finals is too great. lol

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Guess Derrick Rose has already reached the level where people get pissy when his flaws get mentioned.