Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

I hope he turns out like Ben Gordon with a passing ability.

Rookie averages:

12 PPG
    4.5 APG
    1.2 SPG

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.
    There's noticeable athleticism separating Barbosa and Curry, though. Not to say that should be a sticking point, but Barbosa has been as good as he is because he's fast and good at playing the passing lanes. For whatever reason, Curry just strikes me as a weak player when I think in terms of the NBA. I think that tournament run in '08 did wonders for his draft stock, but in the end, will earn him the label of "bust". Especially if the Knicks take him in the top 8.

I'm not really concerned about his ability to play point guard because too many guys have come in and shown that undersized shooter/scoring guards and be successful in the NBA. The only thing about that is that I would feel more comfortable if Curry had more explosiveness and strength.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Well I don't mean he's exactly the same as Barbosa, but in a spread offense that D'Antoni does I'm sure he can find a way to make Curry very productive. The team screen and rolls as much as any team in the league and if D'Antoni is good at anything it's getting the ball to where it best fits his players. I'm sure he'll find a way to get Curry the ball where he likes it, whether it's off curls, screens, or just plain being open.

Barbosa looks like a shell of his former self under new coaching staff while Nate Robinson is looking ridiculously better than he has in any of his previous season with the Knicks. This system is just very, very guard friendly.

Well I don't mean he's exactly the same as Barbosa, but in a spread offense that D'Antoni does I'm sure he can find a way to make Curry very productive. The team screen and rolls as much as any team in the league and if D'Antoni is good at anything it's getting the ball to where it best fits his players. I'm sure he'll find a way to get Curry the ball where he likes it, whether it's off curls, screens, or just plain being open.

Barbosa looks like a shell of his former self under new coaching staff while Nate Robinson is looking ridiculously better than he has in any of his previous season with the Knicks. Essentially, if you can shoot and move freely, you will be a successful player under D'Antoni.
    Good points. It appears this will be put the test.

Dont the Knicks have enough gaurds?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Not exactly. Duhon and Nate played a lot of minutes and I think at the end of season Duhon was pretty much worn out and Nate's engine was beginning to stall. D'Antoni loves to play small ball, so I don't think having too many guards will ever be a problem for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a line up of Duhon, Robinson, Curry in for stretches just for mismatch purposes.

The only thing I wonder about is how D'Antoni treats his rookies. He's never really been tested. It seemed like forever till Gallinari actually broke into the rotation and I think he's a better player than Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Good points. It appears this will be put the test.
    Just looked up Barbosa's stats and they seem identical to previous seasons, perhaps I was wrong there. However, it may just be me, but I felt he was a different player this season than before.

Just looked up Barbosa's stats and they seem identical to previous seasons, perhaps I was wrong there. However, it may just be me, but I felt he was a different player this season than before.
    I wouldn't say you were off. The Suns as a team seem to be a shell of themselves since Mike left.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I wouldn't say you were off. The Suns as a team seem to be a shell of themselves since Mike left.
    Since they traded Marion. Stupid move. They should have traded Amare. Mistake.

He,Earl Clark and Jennings are the only people i would want on the knicks in that area.So good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Um....what? The Knicks have NO GUARDS past 2010 right now. As of right now, only Gallinari, Chandler, Curry, and Jeffries are signed passed this year. None of them guards.

I'm praying Knicks get top 3 pick, because they could use Rubio. It sounds like Curry will a great shooter in the league, but picking him 8 or 9 sounds like a stretch.....

Just his last name gives me the willys........shuddering...........

On the bright side, they should just give him Eddy's number so no one has to buy another jersey. In these economic times, its nice the Knicks are being efficient. Also, Lebron will be taking Jerome James' number as well.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Itd be an interesting fit for D'antoni, but this likely a smokescreen especially with the lottery not even occuring yet

This is just for the 2010 sweepstakes.

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

If we choose Curry at #8 then I'll be pissed. If the Knicks trade down for him then I guess that would be OK. I still don't see how he's miles ahead of someone like J.J Redick. Redick's not bad but he shouldn't have been picked in the lottery.

With all that said this article is probably bullsh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Itd be an interesting fit for D'antoni, but this likely a smokescreen especially with the lottery not even occuring yet
    Teams have moved from #8 into the top three in the past. Giving a kid a promise before the lottery has even taken place would be asinine.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    It could be their attempt to get someone else ahead to take him huh? I think Curry will be a totally solid NBA player. I dunno what his ceiling is but lesser players have been all stars. Either way, if you pick a solid player with the 8'th pick and you're pretty sure he'll be taht, isn't that better then a player who might be more, but you're less sure about?