View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
disco
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
He played really well against Brandon Costner/JJ Hickson, and Mike Beasley last year. He put up numbers on Penn State and Rutgers as well. His play does not suffer when he goes up against good competition, and the last thing the Nets need is a Roy Hibbert type big. He is a better passing Nenad Krstic who disappears during games and plays down to his competition.

Sorry, my mistake. When I originally checked his stats before starting to put mocks together, I hadd't noticed the NC State and K-State games. I think that actually changes a lot, and my own evaluations have been flawed because of that. By hey, I don't do this for living, so I guess that can be accepted. Sorry for dissing your pick because of my own stupidity.

...but I still like Hibbert. I think he's exactly kind of a big man they need. Hig basketball IQ, good size (not just tall), post moves! He "disappeared" in about one or two games. In other games when he wasn't that good it was because of the fould trouble, but he still played ok. Of course, getting to foul trouble can also be a concern, but I think the situation will be different when he isn't the only big man on the floor. Summers and Ewing basically palyed as pf 95% of the time for Georgetown.

Last edited by disco : 06-20-2008 at 11:24 AM.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote