Local High School Star

Default Draft - hold it, moving up, or moving down.

Despite the consensus mock draft thread a similar but different question is:

Do the Raptors:

1) Hold at 20 ?
    2) Try to move up for "their guy"?
    3) Move down and grab some cash, 2nd rounder, or international prospect on ice ?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Draft - hold it, moving up, or moving down.

Moving up likelihood: 10% ?

The picks from 14 to 19 immediately above the Raptors are :
    1) Suns
    2) Hawks
    3) Bulls
    4) Celtics
    5) Suns
    6) Bulls

Moving into the top 10 requires a real stretch of imagination given depth and teams in those spots.

The only team I could sense the Raptors could deal with are Suns. I dont think Bulls Hawks or Celtics would make a deal with MU unless it involved a big contract we dont want... Rondo (1 year) and a couple of 4's no body wants.
    Last edited by Jballer; 05-21-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Local High School Star

Moving Down Likelihood : at least 50% ?

Behind the Raps in the next 5 spots are:

1) Thunder
    2) Grizz
    3) Jazz (also the 5th overall)
    4) Hornets (Bobcats) (also the 9th overall)
    5) Heat

Thunder, Grizz, Heat at all at cap now as far as I know and likely cant really take on a higher ranking pick...

But Hornets could want to grab "their 2nd pick guy" and offer the Raps something vis a vee cash, 2nd rounder, or right to flip picks next year.

Equally the Jazz could want to grab "their 2nd pick guy" and offer the Raps something in terms of an expiring contract.
    Last edited by Jballer; 05-21-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Local High School Star

27. Suns (via Pacers) -- <insert player>

The buzz around the league is that the Suns are willing to part with this pick for a future first-rounder.

Diaw Fan

Kings looking to deal at 8 but I doubt we have a player they'd want that we'd be willing to part with.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    Kings looking to deal at 8 but I doubt we have a player they'd want that we'd be willing to part with.

Maybe something using the 20th and Amir as main pieces for the 8th and Reggie Evans(probably also have to take back a shit player like Outlaw to make things work).

Patterson slides in PF for Amir and Reggie brings an attitude and veteran rebounding presence to the bench.

But I'm not sure I'd want the 8th spot. To me that's where a run on PF's start but most of them IMO aren't good fits for us or have the type PF game that doesn't usually translate well from college to the pros.

Local High School Star

Move up rumors:

Not specific to the Raptors but.

1) Lakers looking to move the 7th pick to acquire Love.

No surprise here as it would seem that Love also wants to go to LA. Rumors of thrid teams in (like 'Raptors') as LA lacks the assets

2) Cleveland Cavs looking to move Tristan T (and protected picks not number 1)

Other players and picks and packages pure speculation but Raps mentioned because he plays well and the eternal sports writter bias Raptor = Canadian or Euro Pick

Local High School Star

Chicago commentary - do they move ?

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...a-draft-picks/

The Raptors not specifically mentioned - only that Chicago and the coaching wont start two rookies at this talent level... i.e. it seems a waste.

Further that 16/19 are not enought to garner a top 3 pick and not enough to garner a Love trade.

That leaves Chicago looking for a package of vetern talent and perhaps trading down.

Given the loss of Deng and his contract - Novak seems like a perfect fit for the Bulls and their lack of scoring punch. I would not be surprised if Novak / Bucyk or De Colo and perhaps a swap of picks 16 - 20 emerges as a strong potental move if the Raptors "have their guy staked out at i.e. 16"