Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    I'm a Rockets fan. I like Tracy. However, I don't blindly defend him.

That said, I still think it's fair to consider how far Dirk would have gotten in the playoffs if you plugged him into the teams that Tracy has been on. Dirk has had the luxury of regularly being surrounded by a very talented roster, and Tracy generally hasn't at all. You have to take that into consideration if you want to look at it fairly, that's all I'm saying.

Enough with the "what if's", hypothetical situations don't mean anything. It comes down to one thing, Dirk is a winner, McGrady is not. You can say that Dirk has been surrounded by a talented roster but I think it's a testament to the type of basketball him and the Mavericks play. Nowitzki knows how to utilize his teammates, he doesn't simply try and do everything by himself. He knows his strengths and his weaknesses and he uses his teammates strengths to compliment his weaknesses. Dirk has definitely had some talent around him but he's also had to adapt to playing with new, different styled players. Dirk is the only remaining Maverick from the Dirk, Finley, Nash era. We've seen guys like Finley, Nash, Van Exel, Jamison, Walker all come and go and yet the Mavericks have won over 50 games for the last 5 seasons. He knows what it takes to win. The core of Dallas' players this year was all young, inexperienced guys and they still got to the Finals. Who led them there?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Nice of you to change your post after it was completely pointless. That team was a victim of taking a step back to take 2 forward. They were rebuilding that year. The talent on that team is unquestionable BUT 3 of the 4 best players were pfs and for whatever reason don nelson decided that giving Walker the ball was a better idea than giving dirk and nash the ball.
    Yeah like Kobe didnt get hurt that year???? Like the Lakers werent rebuilding??? 52 wins with with Steve NAsh but he would easily get 50 with Chucky Atkins, thats a dumb argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Yeah like Kobe didnt get hurt that year???? Like the Lakers werent rebuilding??? 52 wins with with Steve NAsh but he would easily get 50 with Chucky Atkins, thats a dumb argument.
    He got 60 with jason terry. He isnt the same player he was then. Essentially, the people who are saying tmac are going back at least 3 years. The dirk voters are going with at least the last 2. In a debate about who is better now, the more recent info is more important. As for kobe having injuries, yes his team had injuries but you said factor in that odom whom you said isnt clearly better than howard missed 21 so factor that in. I mearly pointed out that the mavs had 6 of the guys you used to brag about their depth miss at least that many games. The mavs started rawle marshall and Josh powell at certain times last year.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    A one man show only works for so long in the playoffs. The MAvs had a better team and thats why they won. McGrady couldnt keep that up for 4 wins because the MAvs figured out how to stop him, or the rest of his team. Dirk has done very little with the amazing teams he has been on so he doesnt have room to talk.

Dirk has played with stars and great role players his whole carreer but ha nothing to show but missed free throw in the finals.

Healthy TMAC is a top 5 player in the NBA.

But in conclusion I'll take a healthy TMAC over Dirk. Dirk has always had stacked teams while TMAC plays with bums.

Another thing is Dirk gets a pass. IF Lebron or Kobe had just one of his star studded teams and didnt win the ship you would never hear the end of it.

J. Terry/D. Harris
    Kobe or LEbron/ Stackhouse
    Josh HOward/ MArquis Daniels
    African Dude/ KVH
    Dampier/ Diop

Good point. Yao Ming sucks. He isn't a 25/15 threat or anything. And having veteran players must have sucked for Houston too right? I keep forgetting how amazing Jason Terry is, considering he was a nobody in Atlanta and never makes any top 10 pg lists. And Josh Howard, the last pick of the draft, Stackhouse who no one else wanted, Dampier who has never done anything. Yeah, that team is LOADED. Or maybe it's because Dirk makes them all better. Ever consider that? Look at Shaq or Wade or Kobe, they play on LOADED teams. Damn, look at what Wade got to play with last year AND the fact the refs handed him the Finals. Dirk doesn't play with anyone even remotely at an all star level. They are all just good role players who fit perfectly into the system.

Mcgrady did the ultimate choke job-2-0 lead coming to Houston and proceeds to lose 4 of the next 5, including a beatdown in game 7. He can't even win a playoffs series. Comparing him to Dirk is almost insulting.

And calling any Dirk-led team loaded and saying Kobe never played on a loaded team (considering he played with a prime Shaq) makes me question yout knowledge of the game.

Saw a basketball once

One of the problems with McGrady is he literally is not the same player depending on the matchup:
    Marquee matchup agaisnt Lebron on national TV???
    He'll bring his A game, go to the rack, do everything to win
    Rest of the time???
    He'll shoot jumpers...

Right now, I'd take Dirk given T-Mac's injuries. Dirk is a mismatch for everyone, but I could take a healthy T-Mac over him.

TMac is more talented, problem is he cant stay healthy for a full season.

Dirk is great too, but dont forget he's assisted by a Mark Cuban-sponsored $90 million payroll.

All things being equal, I take TMac.

Saw a basketball once

I hope that both T-Mac and Dirk have an excellent campaign because I think that it would be very interesting to see both teams in a battle in the playoffs

id have t-mac simpley coz of what bigkingsfan sed, 'he has the ability to take over a game and much better in the clutch.'Also when t-mac scored dat 13 points in 35 seconds ws amazin, did anyone see that game?

Dunking on everybody in the park ronron15's Avatar

Default re

i take tmac

tmac over dirk

Roy = my new fave.

If you eliminate McGrady's health concerns, I take McGrady, but it's very close.

T-Mac outplayed Dirk in their playoff series, what else do you need to go on?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

T-Mac is better than Dirk
    You will see next year

Quote Originally Posted by Trade
    T-Mac is better than Dirk
    You will see next year
    Hrmm. Do you think the rockets will have a better record or go further than the mavs do? Because with yao and Battier the no talent around him thing doesnt exist anymore.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

The Dirk groupies have overtaken the Kobe groupies as worst fans on ISH.