Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Man slashes 22 children near China school

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Rediculous topic. Lets not pretend that this would go down on a regular basis in the US. Dude would have been tackled or jumped to death. I can't count how many videos i've seen in China where a child is getting ran over by a dozen cars or some other brutal attack and the asian people just carry on with their day.

Americans may have depression issues, but we don't let shit like that go down. So take this topic and shove it, Flagrant.
    you really dont have a leg to stand on. Remember the guy on the bus in Canada? People get beat and raped while others ignore their cries for help all the time in this country.

Decent college freshman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

Similar incident, 8 kids killed with a knife, 13 others wounded

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    You didn't make this topic because its a tragedy with this man did, but to combat any arguments about more gun control. Children woke up this morning expecting to get out of school and go watch The Hobbit this weekend and all some people care to do is defend their political stance.
    Wow, interesting mind you have there. Sorry to burst your bubble but none of that crossed my mind, just felt like sharing a crazy story in the OTC.

Like this thread: http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284384
    Last edited by Flagrant 2; 12-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Extremely sad on how these mass murders and violent rampages happen more often now

And also shows how a ban for guns won't solve the problem.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

Similar incident, 8 kids killed with a knife, 13 others wounded
    Are you stupid? The incident you linked to was in 2001.

How many mass shootings have we had here since 2001.

I'll wait for you to google it..

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I don't know, we seem to get massive killing sprees once or twice a year. Other countries seem to have these kinds of news once every 5 years. But then again we don't always hear news from overseas everyday unless it's something really big.

One thing you can say, most of the these senseless mass murderers are white and to a lesser degree Asians.
    And most of the gang related shooters are black or latino. There are stupid, crazy people in every race.

White psychos are implosive, they hold all that anger inside then go on a rampage. Blacks/latinos are more explosive, let frustrations out more often and shoot each other for colors.

Though they are all just mentally damaged teenagers and young adults lashing out. They got nothing on some of those ruthless monsters in Mexico, Africa or Russia that behead/dismember people on daily basis and just live a savage life.

Yeah, passive-aggressive behavior seems to fit more associated with whites and Asians. I think some of the social stereotype behavior fit it too. i.e. blacks are stereotyped as loud, confrontational, extroverted, while Asians are more quite, shy, kept-to-self, and whites are a mixture of both.

It's an interesting correlation, I think. It'd make a good research paper.
    Any psychologist, doctor, or scientist who even starts a rough draft of such paper would lose all credibility in the United States. I won't debate this point. If you disagree, just try to see how many credible men/women have written reports and the like about character differences in races, then come back and post your findings. And by credible, I mean someone who people will take seriously. Also, don't look for people from the racist past. I'm talking about recent professionals in the field. People of the past 3 generations or so.

Anyway, I hate debating about gun control, but yesterday's tragic event has changed my stance completely. I used to believe guns should be accessible to everyone who feels they need it for their protection, but that's just idiotic. Why are we allowed to purchase assault rifles, uzis, etc.? These guns can let off dozens of shots in a matter of seconds, killing or severely wounding anyone they make contact with.

If this Chinese incident tells us anything, it's this:
    If the guy in Connecticut had a knife, 18 little kids wouldn't be dead today.

Guns don't kill people, people do, right? No gun demands a man to pull the trigger, but people do it all too often. And because there are so many psychopaths in the world, and it's hard to figure out which of the 7 billion of us are ready to snap and go on a shooting spree at any given second, I think it'd be wise for guns to be outlawed entirely. Only those with real jobs requiring a gun for protection should have one, e.g. cops, military, armed guards, etc.

Gun control: because murderers follow the law

Controlling alcohol during prohibition made it nearly impossible to get drunk

Marijuana being illegal= so hard to find weed. Especiallyyyy in the suburbs, kids have like 0 connections out there

In England there are STRICT gun laws. They still had the cumbria shooting, hungerford massacre. Did it stop the Dunblane school massacre? Where 16 little kids were killed? No. People making an agenda out of this are annoying as hell. Mental Health is the serious issue here and the meds they give out, not guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I think it'd be wise for guns to be outlawed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Gun control: because murderers follow the law

Controlling alcohol during prohibition made it nearly impossible to get drunk

Marijuana being illegal= so hard to find weed. Especiallyyyy in the suburbs, kids have like 0 connections out there

In England there are STRICT gun laws. They still had the cumbria shooting, hungerford massacre. Did it stop the Dunblane school massacre? Where 16 little kids were killed? No. People making an agenda out of this are annoying as hell. Mental Health is the serious issue here and the meds they give out, not guns.
    this argument doesnt really work when you look at the world. Look at gun-associated crimes in canada or england or Australia (after the school shooting in tasmania) or anywhere else. It clearly reduces gun violence.

Why should you be able to buy an assault rifle (a weapon with the sole purpose of killing other people) at walmart? Or at a gun show with no waiting period? I am a gun owner, and I support the restriction of assault rifle sales.

I don't know, we seem to get massive killing sprees once or twice a year. Other countries seem to have these kinds of news once every 5 years. But then again we don't always hear news from overseas everyday unless it's something really big.

One thing you can say, most of the these senseless mass murderers are white and to a lesser degree Asians.
    actually, very few countries other than china (which are mostly knifings and we know how ****ed china is in regard to citizen support - I assume the same to be true for mental health uissues) have more than one of these events.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    this argument doesnt really work when you look at the world. Look at gun-associated crimes in canada or england or Australia (after the school shooting in tasmania) or anywhere else. It clearly reduces gun violence.

Why should you be able to buy an assault rifle (a weapon with the sole purpose of killing other people) at walmart? Or at a gun show with no waiting period? I am a gun owner, and I support the restriction of assault rifle sales.
    I don't even own a gun, but I believe in the freedom to defend yourself from the government and other people. America was built on this. And this argument really doesn't work when you look at the world? 2011 Norway massacre? The multiple British shootings posted? Tasmania school shooting? Shit happens, people are sick. Murders will still happen and assault rifles will still be used by sickos, legally obtained or not. So when a sicko illegal obtains an assault rifle and comes at me, it's illegal for me to own something to hit him back with? ****outtahere

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I don't even own a gun, but I believe in the freedom to defend yourself from the government and other people. America was built on this. And this argument really doesn't work when you look at the world? 2011 Norway massacre? The multiple British shootings posted? Tasmania school shooting? Shit happens, people are sick. Murders will still happen and assault rifles will still be used by sickos, legally obtained or not. So when a sicko illegal obtains an assault rifle and comes at me, it's illegal for me to own something to hit him back with? ****outtahere
    gotta love how you use the tasmania shooting that I reference. Thats the point. The tasmania shooting caused a massive national change in Australia. How many mass shootings have they had subsequently? Exactly.

Meanwhile, the Bradley foundation has a list of mass shootings since 2005 (expiration of the assault rifle ban) that is 62 pages long. No other country has this problem.

Seriously, just do some research on countries where there is 100% control on guns, meaning you can't get them no matter what, and it is strict liability- as soon as you are found with a gun, you are arrested.

In such countries, I've NEVER really heard of any gun massacres, or any massacre at all. If they do, it's like once every few years.

Just look at Japan. I don't remember any gun massacre killing there at all, even though they probably have a black market. Whereas for the U.S. I can NAME the cases off my head.

For Japan, I basically found 2 massacre's since 2000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

Both were done with knifes. But look at the deaths. One massacre event from the U.S. trumps the death already. And we're just looking at one gun massacre event from the U.S., compared to the 13 year total in Japan.
    Last edited by ripthekik; 12-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Seriously, just do some research on countries where there is 100% control on guns, meaning you can't get them no matter what, and it is strict liability- as soon as you are found with a gun, you are arrested.

In such countries, I've NEVER really heard of any gun massacres, or any massacre at all. If they do, it's like once every few years.

Just look at Japan. I don't remember any gun massacre killing there at all, even though they probably have a black market. Whereas for the U.S. I can NAME the cases off my head.

For Japan, I basically found 2 massacre's since 2000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

Both were done with knifes. But look at the deaths. One massacre event from the U.S. trumps the death already. And we're just looking at one gun massacre event from the U.S., compared to the 13 year total in Japan.
    Mexico has completely banned guns for civilians. They have a higher gun murder rate than the US. Your point is null.