Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    MyCareer is addictive, i have a 6'1" PG, pure shooter, Ray Allen's stroke, spending everything on shooting. I sucked so bad at the first scrimmage/try out How long quarters do you guys play? I would ofcourse like 12, but just takes to long.
    I find 8 minutes to be quick enough to get through easily and long enough to allow for actual come backs and gameplay.

Just recently made a 6'0 PG. Tried out for the Mavs, but that shit was too hard.. I needed to get an A- or A, so obviously I didn't get the contract.

Tried out for ORL right after that and got 2 10 day contracts before I made the team. So far, I've been upgrading my shooting and playmaking only.

Also, Ive been trying out a few different forms and cant get one to stick with... Any suggestions on a form that's got a nice quick release?

Loving this mode tho.
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 10-16-2014 at 01:16 AM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I chose Nash's release and found it merely OK. Decided I wanted something with more lift (easier to time the release, imo) and a quick release. Eventually settled on Westbrook. I noticed I kept releasing early, so I went with something even quicker. Interestingly enough, Kidd's release seems to hit the spot. I wish you could test the releases before you buy them tho. There's a couple I want to try and I'm too lazy to start a regular game with them.

Still in my first season. 76 rated SG and I think it said scorer? Pretty sure there was an adjective in front of scorer, as my style. Something scorer. In the beginning of May right now and I skipped one game to see how he would do. He was shit. I think I can still win ROY so I'm just going to play it out. 2 PPG less than Parker, virtually even on the rest except I shoot much better from the field and average more blocks.

Pretty fun. I'm a bit annoyed how I can't make a standing layup to save my life and while I never miss a jumper in the practice, I miss everything in games. Passing, rebounding, and defense seems on point. I actually really like playing defense this year in my player. Chase down blocks are much more frequent and you can block dunks!

Not huge on the upgrade system. The pairings don't make much sense to me. I don't get the purpose of removing customizability of your player. If I want to make a big who can only shoot 3s with no middle game then why can't I? There's players like that in the NBA right now.

Finally started playing in My Park. Went with the middle one. I forget the name; there's smoke stacks in the background and it was +athletic and rebounding. The delay makes playing defense incredibly difficult. Also I still can't make wideopen, uncontested, standing layups, but I like the concept of the game mode. Been playing the last couple hours and got a few decent win streaks with strangers. Surprisingly not too many terrible players jacking up 3s and forcing their dunks all game.

Oh and I've been messing with teamup since it's been my favorite game mode since release. ****ing terrible. What happened to random teams? Is it always the Cavs at home vs... Was it OKC? Same arena, same jerseys, and you can choose your own players? What the ****. I want to be stuck with a Luke Walton, not face Kyrie/Jordan/LeBron/Love/Al Jeff every single game. Or the West is usually CP3 (or Steph), FroBe/Kobe, Durant, someone and Dwight. Played a good 5 games and it was basically the same lineups every game. Ugh. I suppose it's to keep people from quitting since they get their star player. Well.. Everyone still quits. Guess I'm only playing Parks this year.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-16-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Banned

Has anyone won ROY yet? Both the guys I have who have played their rookies years and the 2 I have who are close to the end weren't even on the race for it. Even though one of them led all rookies in points, assists, steals and blocks and led the entire league in fg% he still wasn't even on the award race.

I have too much trouble picking which player to keep playing though that's my biggest frustration.

8 more games left in my rookie season. Definitely going to miss the playoffs.

Some observations:

-If the computer does that mid range running fadeaway, it always goes in. I don't care if it's Kendrick Perkins coming of a Shamgod move. It always goes in.

-The computer makes everything in HOF mode. It's so ****ing annoying to play defense to the shotclock and they drill a fadeaway 3pter. Happens multiple times a game... They just don't really miss unless you weakside defend every shot. BTW, I'm getting about 5 blocks a game because of that.

-...Well, they make everything for the opposing team. Apparently my team likes to go down double digits every time I get subbed out.

-Which of course means I'm losing almost every game. It's impossibly difficult to make a big impact imo. The other game I had 24 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals and my team loss by 20+. My last win I needed a 30/15/15/5 blocks game to win by 3. Insane.

-So when I do I get to sleep with the PR lady?

-Loving the little random events. DMC shit talking to me before the game? Awesome. In a PC I get asked about my next contract, I tell them I'm looking to get paid, the reporter has a snarky comment after my answer, and the PR lady almost fights him. Random practice stuff like the around the world mini game. Good shit.

-Found a new release I'm really liking (although lately I've been shooting awful in games). Rose's release.

-Not sure how the FA works, but I think now I want to go to LA and replace Kobe. Tho the interest is near the bottom of the list when I checked (~40%).

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    8 more games left in my rookie season. Definitely going to miss the playoffs.

Some observations:

-If the computer does that mid range running fadeaway, it always goes in. I don't care if it's Kendrick Perkins coming of a Shamgod move. It always goes in.

-The computer makes everything in HOF mode. It's so ****ing annoying to play defense to the shotclock and they drill a fadeaway 3pter. Happens multiple times a game... They just don't really miss unless you weakside defend every shot. BTW, I'm getting about 5 blocks a game because of that.

-...Well, they make everything for the opposing team. Apparently my team likes to go down double digits every time I get subbed out.

-Which of course means I'm losing almost every game. It's impossibly difficult to make a big impact imo. The other game I had 24 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals and my team loss by 20+. My last win I needed a 30/15/15/5 blocks game to win by 3. Insane.

-So when I do I get to sleep with the PR lady?

-Loving the little random events. DMC shit talking to me before the game? Awesome. In a PC I get asked about my next contract, I tell them I'm looking to get paid, the reporter has a snarky comment after my answer, and the PR lady almost fights him. Random practice stuff like the around the world mini game. Good shit.

-Found a new release I'm really liking (although lately I've been shooting awful in games). Rose's release.

-Not sure how the FA works, but I think now I want to go to LA and replace Kobe. Tho the interest is near the bottom of the list when I checked (~40%).
    Yup, lil shit like that really make the game.

But damn, I'm playing Pro right now and my team (Magic) is getting wrecked almost every other game. Lost to the Lakers by like 40

BTW, do you play every game or just the higher VC ones?

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Ik this irrelevant but I used to do nba 2k11 my career. I stopped when I was rated 69 (by accidentally saved over the account for another my career player). I was averaging around 28/6/4 with ORL and it took me about 25 games to start over Vince Carter. We were like 19-6 and we destroyed like 5 teams in a row and then we played the Heat. So much shot clock cheese and no fouls called in the paint. I've heard 2k15 is kind of like that is that true? Chris Smoove complains about how many no calls he gets.

Banned

We were down by about 7 points to the Kings with around 2 minutes left, and I hit three consecutive shots, and a big three at the end to send the game to overtime. I was on fire, we got the win and I ended the game with a stat-line of 33 points, 9 rebounds, 5 or 6 assists and 4 blocks. Shot about 60% from the field too. I'm a PG with the stats of a big-man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Just recently made a 6'0 PG. Tried out for the Mavs, but that shit was too hard.. I needed to get an A- or A, so obviously I didn't get the contract.

Tried out for ORL right after that and got 2 10 day contracts before I made the team. So far, I've been upgrading my shooting and playmaking only.

Also, Ive been trying out a few different forms and cant get one to stick with... Any suggestions on a form that's got a nice quick release?

Loving this mode tho.
    I prefer having jump shots that aren't used by a player since they're free and it sounds stupid, but it feels better when you find your own jump shot. I found a really good one, it's somewhere in the 20s with quick release. I'll tell you what exact one it is when I'm playing later tonight if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Yup, lil shit like that really make the game.

But damn, I'm playing Pro right now and my team (Magic) is getting wrecked almost every other game. Lost to the Lakers by like 40

BTW, do you play every game or just the higher VC ones?
    I simmed one to see how he would do. I've played all the others. 9 minute quarters. When my guy gains the ability to make wide open layups and jumpers, I'll probably dip it to 8 minutes since I can put up 20+ without those two abilities already.

Might reduce the sim length. Hard to tell because my team keeps getting curb stomped and some games the final score is like 92-60, but I want to balance my individual stats relative to the average score with lesser minutes. So maybe 20 ppg ends up the leader, except that's the equivalent of 30 ppg as teams are averaging 80-something. Because I don't want to play long games all the time or I won't get far in this mode.

Anyone know how far into the career these storylines go? I was just reintroduced to Jackson Ellis, what's up with the high school coaching always showing up?, etc... I presume not too far because not many people are going to finish their entire career unless they sim everything.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Just got named a starter for the Raps and gained the pet move size up and enforcer badge. Funny that I got the enforcer badge as I am a 6'3 SG but I'm always slashing to the bucket, getting to the line and am agressive for steals and blocks. Averaging like 9/3/3 on 45/40/85 percentages in 17 minutes but I'm surprised I got named a starter so early. Had my best career game prior to being named a starter, 24/6/4. First career start is in the Garden against the Knicks.

who uses PC?

Banned

Just played the Bulls. I'm playing on Superstar/Simulation but I changed it back to Superstar/Default after the shit-fest that happened there. They literally made every single shot while I was in the game, and every time I passed the ball to my teammates, they'd miss the shot, whether it was wide-open or not. I really cannot wait to get out of Charlotte, but I'm playing every game right now since it's my rookie season. There was one point in the 3rd quarter where we only scored 2 points in 5 minutes, and I'm dead serious they hit every shot.

Ended with 20/4/4, but we still lost by 30. I don't think anyone else even got double-digits points

Also, I'm using Release 27 and Quick Release if anyone wants a good jumpshot. I always get at least slightly early/late, and my J is only rated in the low 70s right now. When I get it up to the 80s and 90s, I should be hitting perfect release every time.

Banned

servers kept dropping Out on me this weekend. Really stupid move to have my career kick you if the server drops out and not save the game progress. I had it happen twice after the game was finished and I went to check stats too which is an even bigger waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    servers kept dropping Out on me this weekend. Really stupid move to have my career kick you if the server drops out and not save the game progress. I had it happen twice after the game was finished and I went to check stats too which is an even bigger waste of time.
    My cousin has X1 and he's having similar issues, while I haven't had any issues on the PS4 since the first couple of days.