Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Default Re: I think the Knicks could rip through the East

Only team that are scary at this current moment is the Heat. They're coasting and still the best in the East, so it would be foolish to say Knicks > Heat. I believe Knicks match up VERY well against the Heat, but they still have the advantage until (IF) we meet them in the playoffs. They'll definitely turn it up a notch and not play like they did against the first two games against the Knicks.

Bulls are another team to look out for if Rose gets back to his best form again by the time the playoffs come. They're a dark horse at the moment, but with a healthy Rose, you can't count them out. Top 4 in the East without Rose. Many were claiming last season that Bulls would be fighting for the 8th seed without him.

Knicks and Celtics games have been really close most of the time in the last couple of seasons and it was always Rondo and Pierce who would absolutely sodomise is. Without Rondo, the Knicks have to be the favourites going into a playoff series against them, especially if we are healthy.

I haven't watched enough of the Nets and Pacers to comment on them and every other team is irrelevant. It doesn't look like the Knicks will rip through the East, but they have a good opportunity this season to make it through to the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    We beat the heat too this year without rose, but do I think that we can take them in a 7 game series? Prolly not. Nobody wants to see the heat in the playoffs. I only speak the truth
    Nobody said the Knicks would be favorites against the Heat.

I'm just saying it's stupid to say "We would beat them in a 7 game series because we beat them in regular season". It doesn't matter if we're talking about Bulls-Knicks , Knicks-Heat or Bulls-Heat.

Personally I think with healthy Rose the Bulls MIGHT eliminate on Miami. But since he's coming back off a serious injury I doubt it will happen.
    Rondo is out for the Celtics,Pacers just don't have enough talent (they are like poor Bulls without a player of Rose's caliber).
    With that said I think the Knicks are best suited to eliminate the Heat but of course Miami would still be favorites.

I'm not saying Knicks are without a doubt the 2nd best team in the East. I'm just saying they have the best shot at being Miami IMO.

Playoffs are all about matchups. I would certainly want to avoid playing the Bulls,Celtics or even the Nets in the 1st round. Hawks,Pacers and Bucks don't worry me.

@ Knicks fans.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Nobody said the Knicks would be favorites against the Heat.

I'm just saying it's stupid to say "We would beat them in a 7 game series because we beat them in regular season". It doesn't matter if we're talking about Bulls-Knicks , Knicks-Heat or Bulls-Heat.

Personally I think with healthy Rose the Bulls MIGHT eliminate on Miami. But since he's coming back off a serious injury I doubt it will happen.
    Rondo is out for the Celtics,Pacers just don't have enough talent (they are like poor Bulls without a player of Rose's caliber).
    With that said I think the Knicks are best suited to eliminate the Heat but of course Miami would still be favorites.

I'm not saying Knicks are without a doubt the 2nd best team in the East. I'm just saying they have the best shot at being Miami IMO.

Playoffs are all about matchups. I would certainly want to avoid playing the Bulls,Celtics or even the Nets in the 1st round. Hawks,Pacers and Bucks don't worry me.

How'd it feel being down 40, apparently Mr. Smith couldn't take it anymore...

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Without a drop of troll in my body, I seriously LOL @ the Knicks not having the best team in the East. They have advantages over the Heat all over the court.
    A damn retarded homer.

What's the latest update on Derrick Rose' injury? If the season ends today they are going to face the Bulls in the first round. Even if they Beat the Bulls without Rose. I pick the Pacers over the Knicks in the semi finals.

Regular season series (Bulls leads 3-0)

Dec 8, 2012 New York 85, Chicago 93
    Dec 21, 2012 Chicago 110, New York 106
    Jan 11, 2013 Chicago 108, New York 101
    Apr 11, 2013 New York at Chicago

I think the Knicks are a fraud and first round fodder

Bumping this thread isn't fair lol.

Their roster is/was ****ing sick though.

They finally get in the last key cogs. The ability to play big when Camby and more importantly Kenyon come back/in to the lineups, which would've been the perfect fit next to Amare off the bench filling holes defensively without Tyson on the floor. As well as the other key cog of getting Iman Shumpert to even resemble himself from last year, and he's been playing pretty well the past 2 weeks, notably on the defensive end...shoring up about a month long stretch of ridiculously bad perimeter defense by the Knicks.

Play well all last week after a previous 3 game win streak ended vs the Heat in a close game, that's with or without Melo in the lineup, and again on Saturday without either Melo or Amare. But Amare's injury is the kicker.

It seems Melo should be fine with some rest or whatever, but it's supposed to be a 2 star team. With a bunch of talented role players around them, and that includes Tyson. Amare has basically been missing in action for the season. As soon as he plays up to his potential, he drops again. Even when I created this thread, I never envisioned Amare being a 40 minute player or play like a superstar (though he could be dominant in stretches), but be efficient as a second option in whatever minutes he played and giving the Knicks a true 2nd option. With that, allowing Felton and JR to basically share that 3rd scorer role along with the overall 3pt shooting...they'd be set.

This will end up being a trickle down effect, if Melo doesn't return soon. Having both he and Amare out of the lineup, puts way too much pressure on the older guys to play more than they should be, and they're going to drop too, so by the time Melo returns and IF Amare returns, they won't have a team around them.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 03-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Bumping this thread isn't fair lol.

Their roster is/was ****ing sick though.

They finally get in the last key cogs. The ability to play big when Camby and more importantly Kenyon come back/in to the lineups, which would've been the perfect fit next to Amare off the bench filling holes defensively without Tyson on the floor. As well as the other key cog of getting Iman Shumpert to even resemble himself from last year, and he's been playing pretty well the past 2 weeks, notably on the defensive end...shoring up about a month long stretch of ridiculously bad perimeter defense by the Knicks.

Play well all last week after a previous 3 game win streak ended vs the Heat in a close game, that's with or without Melo in the lineup, and again on Saturday without either Melo or Amare. But Amare's injury is the kicker.

It seems Melo should be fine with some rest or whatever, but it's supposed to be a 2 star team. With a bunch of talented role players around them, and that includes Tyson. Amare has basically been missing in action for the season. As soon as he plays up to his potential, he drops again.

This will end up being a trickle down effect, if Melo doesn't return soon. Having both he and Amare out of the lineup, puts way too much pressure on the older guys to play more than they should be, and they're going to drop too, so by the time Melo returns and IF Amare returns, they won't have a team around them.
    This.

Plus Kidd hasn't playing up to par as he did in the beginning of the season. I thought Kidd played a very large role for them when they were winning bunches.

Default Carringless Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    You're wrong a lot, aren't you?
    [COLOR="White"]filler[/COLOR]

You scared?