Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Rockets are gonna be a shit show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I don't mean tanking I mean it's better to have the worst roster in the league than the 15th best. The Rockets are in good position but it's real easy to **** up in this league.
    That's debatable. Morey said it himself that we will get better through a different means than by tanking or just plain out finishing and being in the lottery. I just don't understand how everybody is blaming Morey for us not landing Dwight. It's like they didn't see the bs that Orlando took for Dwight. We got all those picks to give to them so they could rebuild. Morey said he was gonna gut the team for a 1 year rental. I was all for it. We had better players than Orlando and he managed to carry them to a Finals one year.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    That's debatable. Morey said it himself that we will get better through a different means than by tanking or just plain out finishing and being in the lottery. I just don't understand how everybody is blaming Morey for us not landing Dwight. It's like they didn't see the bs that Orlando took for Dwight. We got all those picks to give to them so they could rebuild. Morey said he was gonna gut the team for a 1 year rental. I was all for it. We had better players than Orlando and he managed to carry them to a Finals one year.
    Depends on what Morey really offered Orlando. They say it wasn't what was reported.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

jremy lin 28 9 amd 3

at least they got rid of that smelly turd scola ! go rockets

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    There are clips of the scrimmage of the Rockets, and holy god. The players were fumbling, turning the ball over, bad passes, and that was just playing against each other. When a real NBA teams comes along.....I was slightly optimistic for the Rockets, but seeing the scrimmage videos, I'd say we lose by 10 pts each game.
    I think Lin is going to be God this season, you know, since I saw 25 games last year of his Godly potential.

The Rockets didn't have very high expectations last year, or even the year before, but we always seem to finish with a winning record. I wish they would tank so we can pick up a good rookie this year and sign some good players this off-season.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I don't really get Morey's rationale. He's openly admitted it's all about getting a superstar, has tried to move mountains to make it happen. Props for that.

But then he goes and spends a bunch of cash on Lin and Asik, doesn't dump Martin (yet). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He wants a superstar but he's not willing to just liquidate everything and get up high enough into the lotto to do it. Winning 25 games gives you a helluva lot better chance to get a stud than "collecting young assets" and praying one becomes available via trade while you tread water towards 35 wins.

Daryl Morey is a horrible GM and an enormously arrogant dick. He's an incompetent moron that thinks he's a revolutionary genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Daryl Morey is a horrible GM and an enormously arrogant dick. He's an incompetent moron that thinks he's a revolutionary genius.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    It would be unintentional tanking like the bobcats (that's what I meant).

At this point the only way is up (almost) for the Rockets.
    Isn't "unintentional tanking" just losing?

I think they have the potential to be the worst team in the West, and perhaps be in the bottom-3 in the league with Charlotte and Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I don't really get Morey's rationale. He's openly admitted it's all about getting a superstar, has tried to move mountains to make it happen. Props for that.

But then he goes and spends a bunch of cash on Lin and Asik, doesn't dump Martin (yet). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He wants a superstar but he's not willing to just liquidate everything and get up high enough into the lotto to do it. Winning 25 games gives you a helluva lot better chance to get a stud than "collecting young assets" and praying one becomes available via trade while you tread water towards 35 wins.

Kevin Martin's contract is expiring. They're $3Million under the cap and have $22.5Million coming off the books this year. How are they in anything other than an incredible situation? They have a bunch of guys who have team options, and can be brought back for small amounts. They have guys on rookie deals. Chandler Parsons is making under $1Million and is signed for 3 more years.

Asik is a center and what teams really want from their centers is defense and rebounding. He's going to give you that. If they want Howard, does anyone really think Asik is not only tradeable but has value?

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    We aren't fair weather fans bro. We're excited through the good times and the bad. We're getting good assets together to try and land a big name free agent via a trade. That's all we really can do.
    The empty arena you call Toyota Center says otherwise.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

This is the part I don't get. I think like a lot of internet posters he believes in his own hype and is too much of a slave to advanced metrics. I have a feeling the Rockets are going to be horrible. Lin will flop and so will Asik. The rookies will be good though.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

IMO they are shaping up to be the next Thunder. They will suck this year, prbly win like 35-40 next year, and then their core group (Lin, Parsons, Lamb, D-Mo, Asik, etc.) will all be gelled and ready to dominate And that's not even counting if they manage to land Noels or a top 5 pick in the draft