Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Default As the season wears on, the angrier I get at Kobe.

Let me start off that I am a proud laker fan. Kobe bryant is my favorite player b/c of his pure skill and toughness. I am a lakers fan 1st, kobe bryant fan 2nd.And the fact that he does not act like the typical star athlete- go out to parties every night, make statements on issues he doesnt have an educated opinion on, and go out of his way to proclaim himself as the greatest thing since the wheel.

However, watching that game last night just goes to show why Kobe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the larry birds, the magic johnsons, the jordans, chamberlins, etc. Out of all those players I mentioned, none of them would have been playing this poorly this season. He may be putting up respectable stats compared to any other player, however stats do not tell everything. The few games ive been able to catch and the articles ive ready on my free time about the games the lakers have played this season, and checking the FG% for the wins and losses, I can tell Kobe is essentially a shell of his former self. His game is built on taking these impossible shots, and in his prime he was probably the greatest impossible shot maker of all time. No, Jordan rarely took bad shots. He did not need to. Jordan could get anywhere on the court whenever he wanted.

I will tell you one thing, none of the legends i mentioned would have missed 13 shots in a row in a statement game like last night. They would have been smart enough to quit shooting and focus on the other parts of the game such as defense, rebounding, facilitating, or just being an enforcer. None of the legends I mentioned would be putting up stats like this at the age of 32.They would not be playing like Kobe so far THIS SEASON though they knew it hurt their teams doing so
    And another thing, Magic and Bird did not have to take a bunch of shots to be effective. They could dominate a game taking 9 shots- bc they were the most versatile players of all time. And idk if Jordan could dominate a game taking as many shots as Magic or Bird, however I think he would be smart enough to sacrifice shots and focused on other aspects of the game if in case his shot just wasnt there that night.

Kobe bryant is just stubborn, and being too caught up in catching Jordan. If he wants people to even consider him in the top 10, he needs to change his identity. He needs to transition from this 35 ppg scorer(he only averaged it once, but you would think the way he has been playing lately he is trying to replicate that again) to a 20 7 and 8 guy w/ a couple blocks and steals per game. And in the big games regardless whether it is playoffs or regular season, needs to play smarter. He almost cost us game 7 last year b/c he went into DA mode, if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get out of the 1st round. He already had a helping hand in cost us a dynasty w/ getting shaq sent away. Not to make Shaq look innocent himself, but Kobe could have risen above it. Magic got to the lakers and it was Kareems team. Kobe should have taken what Magic did to heart and done it w/ shaq.

The other greats were coachable. MJ was heading down Kobe's way for awhile there. But luckily 2 things happened: 1) the Bad Boy pistons. You are talking about one of the greatest defenses in the history of basketball to do what they did to Jordan who is the greatest scorer ever. After losing year after year he knew that he was going to have to help develop his teamates. 2) Phil Jackson managed to coach him into trusting his teamates. If only Kobe was that coachable. But I guess I would be asking too much from a guy who has a shot selection that would make Stevie Wonder look like Magic Johnson
    Last edited by chris2010; 12-29-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Default Re: As the season wears on, the angrier I get at Kobe.

great post

After that Christmas game, I've pretty much lost ALL expectations from the guy. Just a couple years ago you always waited to see how much Kobe scored, or whether he'd have a crazy 40pt game. Now you're lucky enough to see him crack 30, and that's on GOOD efficiency. It's been very disappointing to be Lakers/Kobe fan this year. Talk about NOT playing to your standards.

he doesnt have DJ whatever as the backup center anymore. Or Kwame Brown as his starting center. Or Luke Walton starting at small forward. Or Smush parker being his back court mate. He has his 2nd best option on the terrible lakers teams (Odom) as the 6th man. Your team must be pretty damn good you have a player like him coming off the bench. He needs to wise up. Let his teamates do the work now. If they dont show up, he has no reason to be blamed. But when you get it in the heads of your teamates that you are going to take 25-30 shots a game no matter the circumstances then eventually they quit showing up.

lol @ the knee jerk reactions. Ya'll will be back on Kobe's dick when he's dropping 30+ a game in the Playoffs.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore SFMF's Avatar

I don't think this is new, but great post to open some blind eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    great post
    thank you. again Kobe is my favorite player, but I will call him out for his BS play this season. And even last year in stretches

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol @ the knee jerk reactions. Ya'll will be back on Kobe's dick when he's dropping 30+ a game in the Playoffs.
    Id rather him drop 20 12 and 15 and the lakers as a whole do better than him go in rambo mode and for for 40 but make like 30% of his shots. Shoot it better or shoot less

Magic Johnson

I'm not very concerned right now. I do think this is a sign of things to come, though (not this year, but in 2 or 3). I don't think Kobe will age well, and I doubt he'll be able to pass the reigns to Gasol, Bynum, etc .

Whyyyyy???? Kobe has been doing this sh*t his whole career, why are you surprised when he shoots 8 for 23? 12 for 30? Everything is fine.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    Let me start off that I am a proud laker fan. Kobe bryant is my favorite player b/c of his pure skill and toughness. I am a lakers fan 1st, kobe bryant fan 2nd.And the fact that he does not act like the typical star athlete- go out to parties every night, make statements on issues he doesnt have an educated opinion on, and go out of his way to proclaim himself as the greatest thing since the wheel.

However, watching that game last night just goes to show why Kobe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the larry birds, the magic johnsons, the jordans, chamberlins, etc. Out of all those players I mentioned, none of them would have been playing this poorly this season. He may be putting up respectable stats compared to any other player, however stats do not tell everything. The few games ive been able to catch, I can tell Kobe is essentially a shell of his former self. His game is built on taking these impossible shots, and in his prime he was probably the greatest impossible shot maker of all time. No, Jordan rarely took bad shots. He did not need to. Jordan could get anywhere on the court whenever he wanted.

I will tell you one thing, none of the legends i mentioned would have missed 13 shots in a row. They would have been smart enough to quit shooting and focus on the other parts of the game such as defense, rebounding, facilitating, or just being an enforcer. None of the legends I mentioned would be putting up stats like this at the age of 32.
    And another thing, Magic and Bird did not have to take 27 shots to be effective. They could dominate a game taking 9 shots- bc they were the most versatile players of all time. And idk if Jordan could dominate a game taking as many shots as Magic or Bird, however I think he would be smart enough to sacrifice shots and focused on other aspects of the game if in case his shot just wasnt there that night.

Kobe bryant is just stubborn, and being too caught up in catching Jordan. If he wants people to even consider him in the top 10, he needs to change his identity. He needs to transition from this 35 ppg scorer to a 20 7 and 8 guy w/ a couple blocks and steals per game. And in the big games regardless whether it is playoffs or regular season, needs to play smarter. He almost cost us game 7 last year b/c he went into DA mode, if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get out of the 1st round. He already had a helping hand in cost us a dynasty w/ getting shaq sent away. Not to make Shaq look innocent himself, but Kobe could have risen above it. Magic got to the lakers and it was Kareems team. Kobe should have taken what Magic did to heart and done it w/ shaq.

The other greats were coachable. MJ was heading down Kobe's way for awhile there. But luckily 2 things happened: 1) the Bad Boy pistons. You are talking about one of the greatest defenses in the history of basketball to do what they did to Jordan who is the greatest scorer ever. After losing year after year he knew that he was going to have to help develop his teamates. 2) Phil Jackson managed to coach him into trusting his teamates. If only Kobe was that coachable. But I guess I would be asking too much from a guy who has a shot selection that would make Stevie Wonder look like Magic Johnson
    I somewhat disagree and always have whenever people state that "X legend would've NEVER done this" or "X legend would never let this happen" because to be fair, they have.

to some degree.

We've seen MJ complain, we've seen Magic and Bird miss many shots, they've done what we say they wouldn't have done.

Having said that.... I think the main difference is, 'when' they do it, 'how' they do it and more importantly how 'frequently' they do it.

Yes... MJ had bad shooting nights, bad games, etc.etc. But not when they counted and not as frequently as Kobe.

Players from the past were far from perfect, but they were better at minimizing their off nights, and/or still found a way to win.

Kobe has always been this way.... yes always.

He always has stretches when he plays brilliantly.
    Then he has stretches when he plays poorly.

There's times in which he plays excellent team ball.
    But then reverts back to Kome ball.

That's the pattern of his career, always has been and it will always be that. And that's something that other greats were not. They were for the most part 'consistent', Kobe is consistent at being inconsistent. Which is why many of us state that he still doesn't 'get it'.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    thank you. again Kobe is my favorite player, but I will call him out for his BS play this season. And even last year in stretches

The problem is you're not getting those flashes of brilliance or insanely high scoring games that mask his inefficiencies. Like I said, the way he's playing currently, going into January, you're lucky enough to see him crack 30 on a great shooting %.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Whyyyyy???? Kobe has been doing this sh*t his whole career, why are you surprised when he shoots 8 for 23? 12 for 30? Everything is fine.
    He hasnt been shooting this bad his whole career man. Sure, he went through stretches where he played like this, however that happens to every player. But honestly its to the point where he dont care he is going to keep chucking when his shot isnt falling rather than temporarily changing. if not permanently. He has a deep team, use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Another Kobe hater using a gimmick account to propagate his agenda!
    I don't see anyone calling out Wade for missing 12 straight shots? Or call out Lebron/Wade when they had their share of bad games early on this season.

These Leborn/Jordan trolls are a joke.
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 12-29-2010 at 05:58 PM.