Page 141 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2288

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I'm ok with missed jumpers if it's within the flow of the offense. If Brandon ran off a baseline screen and missed an open 3 or midrange shot, then ok, I'll live with that till the day I die. He can go 0-15 and I'll be ok with it. Cause those shots will fall more often than not. However, my issue has been the random pull up jumpers. The ones from 25 feet or the ones in the face of coverage. He's talented enough to get to the rim, so he should do that first before he pulls up. That's what's going to seperate him in the pros. He's young, he's fast, he's long, he's athletic. No reason he shouldn't be shooting in the high 40s to low 50s every game. He's got guys like DJ and Griffey to spread the offense for him to get lanes.
    On the other hand, even though he was SUPER WET last game, I never saw Brandon as a catch and shoot player. DJ has ridiculous ability to catch coming off a screen balance and wet a 3, but I like Brandon's pull up game.

There's just a whole flow to a game and as long as his shots are in the flow or influencing the flow, it's good. Going for a knock out punch isn't bad. It's gambling. No doubt he needs to be in the paint more, but if he pulls up and wets a three that changes the game so much. The other coach might say, "It's cool, just let him shoot those he won't keep making them" but the players are going to bite on his fakes after that. I'd rather see him bricking a 3 than trying to go deep in the paint, and turning the ball over with bad floor balance.

I don't care about Brandon's shooting %, obviously. He plays hard on D, he crashes the boards, he gets a lot more offensive rebounds than he should. He can go 1-10 out there and as long as he's doing the other things, it's cool to me.

I rarely see Brandon pass up a lane, though, a lot of the time there aren't good lanes for him. And when there is he gets in there easy. The whole "hand down, man down thing" is true though. Sometimes I think it's good to just pull one in someone's face if they are not paying attention. Because if it goes in they are at your mercy and if it doesn't, well, not a whole lot changes provided you get back on D.

-Smak

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

What an absolute bullshit technical call on Bertrand. 5 point swing from that..

You go to Sam Maniscalco, really? ANYONE else would have been better. He hasn't hit a single ****ing shot tonight. What an awful awful loss. I ****ing hate Penn State. Every goddamn year.

I need a ****ing drink.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I need a ****ing drink.
    lol, yeah Sammy turns into Kobe in the clutch.

-Smak

This is gonna be a big game. I think we will be okay; I wonder, though, if we get this W will we stay in the top 25?

I gotta find a way to watch it. ESPN3 usually works for me for archived games but not live. UGH.

-Smak

GLAD I DIDN'T WATCH!

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    GLAD I DIDN'T WATCH!

-Smak
    So disappointing. Our lack of execution and urgency on offense is really worrying...This could easily be a 4 game losing streak very soon.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Missed the game, but ugh.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I've rooted for Weber, being a Keady protege and all, but he's pretty clearly not cut out for a job like Illinois. What's he making? Who would you guys want as a replacement?

He's making $1.5 mil a year. With Ron Zook being bought out and all the money being spent on football, it would probably take missing the tournament to get him fired. As far as replacements, I haven't really thought about it. I'm not one of those fans that has been calling for his head for the past few years. A lot of people want a minority hire. Maybe someone like Anthony Grant if possible?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

He's making $1.5 mil a year. With Ron Zook being bought out and all the money being spent on football, it would probably take missing the tournament to get him fired. As far as replacements, I haven't really thought about it. I'm not one of those fans that has been calling for his head for the past few years. A lot of people want a minority hire. Maybe someone like Anthony Grant if possible?
    Just making the tournament is not going to get it done. He needs to get to at least the Sweet 16 to save his job. Anything short of that and he needs to be gone. I wish he was gone regardless. Illinois bball should be better than this. We should be competing for the conference every year based on the talent we have compared to the rest of the conference outside of Ohio St and Michigan St. We shouldn't be in the middle of the pack in the conference and struggling to get a tournament bid every year.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    Just making the tournament is not going to get it done. He needs to get to at least the Sweet 16 to save his job. Anything short of that and he needs to be gone. I wish he was gone regardless. Illinois bball should be better than this. We should be competing for the conference every year based on the talent we have compared to the rest of the conference outside of Ohio St and Michigan St. We shouldn't be in the middle of the pack in the conference and struggling to get a tournament bid every year.
    I think making the tournament this year will suffice because of all the money tied up in football right now. Letting him go isn't that simple.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

1.5's I think around the top 3rd or so in the B1G, I like Grant a lot but I think he's already making comparable money, maybe more.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I think making the tournament this year will suffice because of all the money tied up in football right now. Letting him go isn't that simple.
    It is that simple if the AD wants it to happen. We had this discussion on the Illinois scout board and if boosters want Weber gone bad enough it can happen. I have a feeling this AD will not sit on his ass for a contract and want to do better for the program. Are you satisfied with how things are going right now. I mean this is ridiculous the way he has run this program into the ground.