Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Harrison Barnes is coming back for sophomore season

15.7 pts 6 rbs on 42% from the field is mediocre, especially from an "nba ready" guy like him. those last few games he had showed us how much of a beast he could be

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

The two most NBA ready freshmens (Sullinger and Barnes) are staying another year ..

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    15.7 pts 6 rbs on 42% from the field is mediocre, especially from an "nba ready" guy like him. those last few games he had showed us how much of a beast he could be
    You went from "he had a horrible freshman season" to "his stats are mediocre for an nba ready guy". There's a huge difference there. You should do more than look at stats too.

17.1 ppg over the last 28, 19.7 ppg over his last 18.

Insidehoops...where 15.7 ppg for a freshman is a horrible season.

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    You went from "he had a horrible freshman season" to "his stats are mediocre for an nba ready guy". There's a huge difference there. You should do more than look at stats too.

17.1 ppg over the last 28, 19.7 ppg over his last 18.

Insidehoops...where 15.7 ppg for a freshman is a horrible season.
    Dude should be begging UNC to let him keep his scholarship after that kind of season.

More smoke coming from the "Barnes, Henson, Zeller all three returning" fire.

This is borderline pre-2009 season (when Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, and Green came back) great for UNC fans.

The potential excitement for next season also increased when I realized I may have underestimated how much of a beast James McAdoo could be by mid-season.

Pretty much, imagine this year's team with everyone back but a year older; a full season of Marshall as the starting PG; McAdoo replacing Justin Knox (who was pretty awful the last month of the season); a healthy Reggie Bullock, and incoming freshman P.J. Hairston giving UNC two legitimate three point shooters to go along with Barnes and McDonald who can also shoot the three.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He better he had a horrible freshman season

Well, Henson and Zeller made it official today that they will be returning next year. Barnes is still undecided but most people seem to believe he'll eventually announce he's coming back, possibly by Saturday.

I'm not sure if UNC can win a national championship without Barnes, but Zeller and Henson are probably more crucial to UNC's ceiling next season. Had they left, then that would've left the Heels with a post rotation of James McAdoo and then one undecided player. That undecided player will more than likely end up on the team and will either be Desmond Hubert or Matthew Cannon.

Cannon is a 6'10" 2*/3* who has some small major and mid-major offers but would be a preferred walk-on if he came to UNC. He's an in-state kid, so him coming to UNC as a walk-on isn't out of the question despite holding multiple D1 offers.

Desmond Hubert is the other option. A top 3* top 150 player who is down to UNC and Maryland. He's supposed to make his announcement after his last visit, which just so happens to be at UNC. That, on top of the several other recent visits he's made to North Carolina games has a lot of UNC "insiders" saying he'll be a Tar Heel next year. He's also said he has no problem redshirting, and with Zeller and Henson returning, and the McAdoo coming in, that may be a real possibility. Hubert's "only" a 3* but he has a shit ton of offers from some big time programs.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...d-Hubert-87011

I know about 99.9% of the people that read this don't give a damn about any of this, but as a UNC fan it's hard to explain how excited I am about the potential of next season.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

This is why the Clippers are banking on next years pick and traded this one away. That's 2 top 5 prospects supposedly staying till 2012 now.

Bad decision from a business perspective. He'll go first round. If you'll go first round, you declare. Just my opinion.

I'll wait for the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Bad decision from a business perspective. He'll go first round. If you'll go first round, you declare. Just my opinion.
    He'll go first rd no matter what year he comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'll wait for the deadline.
    He'll go first rd no matter what year he comes out.
    I wish people would quit assuming Barnes has actually said he was coming back. I'd link you to an article from UNC's board, but it's a pay only message, and you'd only get to read like two lines. The article, though, was put up today, and the headline specifically said, "Henson and Zeller to return; Barnes still undecided."

While the consensus seems to be Barnes is coming back, all that is coming from is one guy from Iowa on Twitter, and UNC "insiders" posting on a message board. Barnes is still (technically) undecided.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Looks like we can have some really loaded teams next year. UK, UNC, and OSU are going to be nice. If Texas brings their guys back they will be pretty damn good too. Duke loses some ballers, but that class is legit. Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt should be stacked as well. We might have a damn good year next year talent wise.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Hes still undecided.. I have a feeling he is going to declare though.

Kemba Walker is better

[QUOTE=UConnCeltics]Duke loses some ballers, but that class is legit.

I don't care how "legit" that class is. They are losing their three best players. Two of those were seniors (one a Final Four MOP, the other a 1st team AA) and the third is a top 3 pick int he upcoming NBA draft. That's quite a bit of talent.

I'm being dead serious when I wouldn't rank Duke any higher in the preseason poll than 15-20.