Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

Exclamation IF we trade Melo, what deal would you want?

Since there are so many rumors from the heart breaking news that
    Ric Bucher reported on ESPN yesterday, I've decided to ask you guys, IF we do trade Melo, what would you want in exchange and with which teams?

IMO I don't think we can trade Melo to NY they have nothing we want, if the Knicks are serious a third team might have to be involved, but I don't see any possibility that we'll trade Melo there.

AS of right now I hope Melo stays, but who knows.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: IF we trade Melo, what deal would you want?

Draft picks. I want Denver to somehow get into the lottery next year. We need to let K-Mart walk\Maybe J.R\Get rid of Billups and completely blow this team up.

My ideal trade would be dumping Harrington\Birdman and getting back an expirer and drafts picks. Maybe a solid prospect if it's possible.

I'm going to be PISSED if Melo leaves and Denver tries to be a medicore team with no chance for the next 2 years with Billups\Nene. If Melo leaves it's time for the team to move into a new direction.

Saw a basketball once GUS DIDDLES's Avatar

basically i think we should try and trade him for another star if he dosent want to resign
    i have thought of a couple of trades so we get somthing in return

1 .carmelo anthony 1nd round draft pic to indiana for hansbrough ( good relationship with lawson ), brandon rush and danny granger and we save 3 mill in cap space

2. carmelo anthony to new york for curry, gallinari , azubuike and randolph

3. carmelo to philly for iggy , speights and lou williams

they all work but its mostly just wishfull thinking on my part
    if i had to to choose id choose trade one just for having another great outside shooter and star player in granger hansbroughs past with ty lawson and would be a fantasic base for our second unit and ive always just liked brandon rush

billups/ lawson /AC
    granger/ AA / rush
    harrington/ jr / rush/ balkman
    Kmart/ hansbrough / willams
    nene/ birdman
    id go to war with that line up
    but like i said wishful thinking

or even if we made it a 3 way trade -
    denver gets

jakim noah
    hansbrough
    deng
    granger
    rush

indi get

melo
    taji gibson
    ac

bulls get

nene
    jr

that would give us

billups/ lawson
    granger/ AA/ rush
    deng/ harrington/ balkman
    kmart/ hansbrough/ willaims
    noah/ birdman

but still wishfull thinkling

I think this is fair for both sides but I want to see what Nuggets fans think...

From a Bulls fan:

Carmelo Anthony

for

Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson and 2 first round picks (one belonging to the Bulls and the other is the Bobcats pick.

How is that for a trade?

In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

Here are some RUMORS of possible Melo trading destinations:

1) Washington Wizards: Gilbert Arenas + Howard/Thornton

2) New Jersey Nets (soon to be Brooklyn): Brook Lopez OR Devin Harris+ other talents/picks

3) Cleveland Cavaliers: J.J. Hickson + other talents/picks

4) Los Angeles Clippers: Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, or Blake Griffin + possibly
    some other talents/picks

5) New Orleans Hornets: David West + Peja Stojakovic + other talents/picks

6) Houston Rockets: Shane Battier + Jared Jefferies + Chase Budinger

These are the new names that have popped up recently aside from the New York Knicks.
    Last edited by Mile High Crew; 08-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.

I'd like this trade. Sammy D + Cousins for Melo + Birdman. We get to dump Birdman's contract. Dalembert is an expiring contract. Good lottery prospect in Cousins. Kings set a duo of Evans and Melo for the future.

Probably never even comes up tho.

NuggetsFan seems to be the only one that understand what we should look for in a deal.. Young, cheap talent, picks and expirings to make the salaries work.. Not Arenas, Deng, AI2, Kaman or Granger

This is my deal:

Carmelo Anthony and Chris Andersen -4-

Young Talen:
    Jordan Hill
    Patrick Patterson
    Chase Budinger

Picks
    '11 (rights to swap picks with NY)
    '12 (rights to swap picks with NY)
    '13 Houston 1st round pick

Fillers
    Shane Battier (expiring)
    Jared Jeffries (expiring)

Houston Rockets team
    Brooks - Lowry
    Martin - Lee
    Melo - Lee
    Scola - Birdman
    Yao - Miller

Denver Nuggets team
    Lawson - Billups
    Afflalo - JR
    Harrington - Battier
    Martin - Patterson
    Nene - Hill

- Lawson is starting, cuz he needs the experience if we're not gonna contend and I would also look to trade Billups for a similar deal (not so good ofc)
    Last edited by kurple; 08-22-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Hell right about now i am so pissed off , just trade him for a case of Coors and some old tapes of LaLa on MTV. Sice she has been quoted as she would be so hppy going back to NYC.... Good riddance to the both of them.

Jordon hill is terrible- he and patterson and some late/non lottery picks would be a. Bad haul for the nugs in a carmelo trade
    --------
    No trade for carmelo works for nugs
    -------
    If it Had to be done- russell westbrook and a big or brook lopez and a gaurd- make a team that wants carmelo find a way to make one of those teams happy- has to be a long term center or gaurd

Westbrook? WTF, he is overrated and we have Lawson. And why would they want Melo when they have Durant and Green? And why would Melo want to go to OKC?

Lopez is nice, but I doubt NJ would give up Lopez cuz I doubt Melo would sign an extension with a Nets team without Lopez...
    Last edited by kurple; 08-26-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Dream on with the Westbrook\Lopez no way were getting that type of talent back.

So is it 100% that if Melo leaves Denver will completely revamp this team? That's my biggest worry to be honest. Keeping guys like Billups\J.R\Martin\Nene around and never being good enough to do anything but never being bad enough to get high lottery picks.

Banned

kmart would be decent only if the rockets throw in hill or paterson

Decent college freshman

If you could get Iggy,Young,Hawes,1st, that's the deal to do, especially if you can slide JR into the mix some how.

The NJ deal I'd think about, but I'd make them include T.Williams and take JR. Favors is going to be a stud, build your franchise around him type though so I think you have to think long and hard about it. could be your D12

Hot off the ESPN wire:

The Denver Nuggets are having serious discussions about a four-way trade that would land Carmelo Anthony with the New Jersey Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The proposed deal, sources said, also would involve the Utah Jazz and the Charlotte Bobcats. It would deliver Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-round picks to Denver in exchange for their franchise player, potentially bringing a resolution to Anthony's uncertain future before the Nuggets hold their first practice of the new season.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal, which has yet to be finalized, also would send former All-Star point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte, with Bobcats forward Boris Diaw moving to Utah.

If this is true let's do it.. Sp we can get that Mr I don't want the pressure of being a leader but want all the accolades of being the "MAN" and his not all that "wife" out our beautiful city and get someone who can enjoy this part of the USA

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Hot off the ESPN wire:

The Denver Nuggets are having serious discussions about a four-way trade that would land Carmelo Anthony with the New Jersey Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The proposed deal, sources said, also would involve the Utah Jazz and the Charlotte Bobcats. It would deliver Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-round picks to Denver in exchange for their franchise player, potentially bringing a resolution to Anthony's uncertain future before the Nuggets hold their first practice of the new season.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal, which has yet to be finalized, also would send former All-Star point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte, with Bobcats forward Boris Diaw moving to Utah.

If this is true let's do it.. Sp we can get that Mr I don't want the pressure of being a leader but want all the accolades of being the "MAN" and his not all that "wife" out our beautiful city and get someone who can enjoy this part of the USA
    S....h...i...t, this is a good move for Bobcats...