Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Shit to do in Orange County on a Friday/Saturday night

I just moved here and I have no idea where to go. Before I had my internet set up, I went into the wrong scene and after my cover charge was already paid, I found 2 options: Mexican nightclub or Goth nightclub. I'm hoping to make a better choice this weekend now that I have internet. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Shit to do in Orange County on a Friday/Saturday night

The peninsula on newport beach, a little fratty, but can still be a good time.

Laguna beach is a little more chill...Sutra in newport is also like the only real night club around.

There's a bar scene in Fullerton too but I don't go around there much, don't have much reason to.

NBA sixth man of the year

Sorry man that's all there is in Santa Ana, mexican night clubs, goth night clubs and if you can't decide, hell there's even mexican-goth night clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    The peninsula on newport beach, a little fratty, but can still be a good time.

Laguna beach is a little more chill...Sutra in newport is also like the only real night club around.

There's a bar scene in Fullerton too but I don't go around there much, don't have much reason to.
    Hmmm... I may have to check out some of those. Are those places that would be awkward to show up alone at? Because I don't know anybody down here.

Eat oranges? ba dum tsss

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Hmmm... I may have to check out some of those. Are those places that would be awkward to show up alone at? Because I don't know anybody down here.
    That's tough. I mean I've never gone out by myself before so I don't know if it's any better here than in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    What's wrong with mexican night clubs, holmes?
    Yeah, I second that. Sek-c latina$$$

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    What's wrong with mexican night clubs, holmes?
    I don't speak Spanish while everybody in there appeared to be (and I don't dig the music).

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I can help you out as somebody that's born and raised OC/LA and has lived in at least 10-12 OC cities.

1. Check out The Block of Orange. It's awesome for somebody who's new to the area because it has everything in one place. Huge movie theater, bowling alley, 20+ restaurants, shopping stores, bungie jumping etc all in one place. For a similar place in south OC check out the Irvine Spectrum which is similar but more expensive and classy.

2. Check out the beaches. Best beach is Huntington due to the fact that it's the only beach in OC along with I think Balboa that has bonfire pits. Also it has the best waves and the most active scene of people in their 20's and 30's. Downtown HB is also pretty awesome for restaurants and shops and has some famous bars. Korn's lead singer owns a Sushi restaurant downtown. It's amazing to go there in the morning, reserve a pit and enjoy the waves all day with some friends. Then finish the night with smores around a bonfire with a breeze and sunset.

3. Go check out the Angels and Ducks. Literally across the street from each other and both have great crowds (at least last I went a few years ago). Friday nights they have fireworks after the game at the Angels games.

4. Disneyland, Anaheim. I know it's a cliche for So Cal but if you haven't been you should go at least once and check it out. 100 bucks gets you an all day park hopper for both parks and if you're a first timer it's worth it.

5. Knott's Berry Farm. If Disneyland is too childish for you check out Knott's. Rides are a lot more "hardcore" and one thing I like is the historical aspect of it. It started as a famous berry farm in the early 1900's I believe. Lots of good restaurants on the property too.

6. Check out some of the water parks. Soak City which is owned by Knott's is cool but the absolute best one is a 40 minute drive from you which is called Raging Waters. I used to go there as a kid and it's the OG water park in California and a classic water park that is known worldwide.

7. Go to Medieval Times and Pirates in Buena Park down the street from Knott's. They are 2-3 hour shows that include a big meal. It's pretty awesome you basically get to watch skits of knights fighting or pirates fighting etc while eating with high quality actors and special effects. Only downside is it's pricey (about 60 a person). In the same area of Buena Park there are also a handful of cool little museums like Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

8. If you like driving you absolutely HAVE to drive PCH at sunset. You'll be driving with the ocean by your side.

9. The Queen Mary. It's actually in Long Beach but that's only 20-30 minutes from you most likely. Extremely famous ship with tons of history. Ghost tours, room rentals and other activities including air shows etc. At one point it was the biggest ship in the world, much bigger than Titanic.

That's all off the top of my head. If you want more ask but that should get you started. What city do you live in?

I can't believe I am doing this, but I'm meeting a guy through craigslist who is looking for a bar buddy since all of his friends are married or moved away. Pray I don't get murdered. I have never met somebody online before.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I can help you out as somebody that's born and raised OC/LA and has lived in at least 10-12 OC cities.

1. Check out The Block of Orange. It's awesome for somebody who's new to the area because it has everything in one place. Huge movie theater, bowling alley, 20+ restaurants, shopping stores, bungie jumping etc all in one place. For a similar place in south OC check out the Irvine Spectrum which is similar but more expensive and classy.

2. Check out the beaches. Best beach is Huntington due to the fact that it's the only beach in OC along with I think Balboa that has bonfire pits. Also it has the best waves and the most active scene of people in their 20's and 30's. Downtown HB is also pretty awesome for restaurants and shops and has some famous bars. Korn's lead singer owns a Sushi restaurant downtown. It's amazing to go there in the morning, reserve a pit and enjoy the waves all day with some friends. Then finish the night with smores around a bonfire with a breeze and sunset.

3. Go check out the Angels and Ducks. Literally across the street from each other and both have great crowds (at least last I went a few years ago). Friday nights they have fireworks after the game at the Angels games.

4. Disneyland, Anaheim. I know it's a cliche for So Cal but if you haven't been you should go at least once and check it out. 100 bucks gets you an all day park hopper for both parks and if you're a first timer it's worth it.

5. Knott's Berry Farm. If Disneyland is too childish for you check out Knott's. Rides are a lot more "hardcore" and one thing I like is the historical aspect of it. It started as a famous berry farm in the early 1900's I believe. Lots of good restaurants on the property too.

6. Check out some of the water parks. Soak City which is owned by Knott's is cool but the absolute best one is a 40 minute drive from you which is called Raging Waters. I used to go there as a kid and it's the OG water park in California and a classic water park that is known worldwide.

7. Go to Medieval Times and Pirates in Buena Park down the street from Knott's. They are 2-3 hour shows that include a big meal. It's pretty awesome you basically get to watch skits of knights fighting or pirates fighting etc while eating with high quality actors and special effects. Only downside is it's pricey (about 60 a person). In the same area of Buena Park there are also a handful of cool little museums like Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

8. If you like driving you absolutely HAVE to drive PCH at sunset. You'll be driving with the ocean by your side.

9. The Queen Mary. It's actually in Long Beach but that's only 20-30 minutes from you most likely. Extremely famous ship with tons of history. Ghost tours, room rentals and other activities including air shows etc. At one point it was the biggest ship in the world, much bigger than Titanic.

That's all off the top of my head. If you want more ask but that should get you started. What city do you live in?
    Awesome. Thanks. The Block of Orange is the one place I seem to know well. I'm probably a mile away from it. Beaches I will hit tomorrow or Sunday. I saw an Angels game last summer, which was enough for me because I hate baseball. I will get a year pass for Disneyland, because when friends and family visit, I know they will want to go (because I'm 3 miles away). I've hit all the major theme parks in So Cal within the last couple years actually. I'll look into Buena Park and the Queen Mary. Not familiar with them.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I thought Medieval Times was pretty cheesy...

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

I can't believe I am doing this, but I'm meeting a guy through craigslist who is looking for a bar buddy since all of his friends are married or moved away. Pray I don't get murdered. I have never met somebody online before.

Just hope he doesn't try to pull any weird s***

He gay bro. Lube that taco up.