Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rank your team's draft picks...

A+ for both Kanter and Burks. I like Kanter to replace Jefferson & Okur at the 5 eventually. I think Burks is a huge addition to our guard spots since we have only have Harris and Miles who are decent.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Default Re: Rank your team draft picks...

LOVE that we kept derrick williams. A

meh with the rest, C-

solid B/ B+

F------- Hawks drafted Soloman Jones 2.0 and didn't make a move on the Grizz for the #2 pick and Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Iman Shumpert gets a B from me. The Knicks made no other picks and do not even try to make me admit otherwise.
    Harrellson says hi. Knicks bought the 45th pick to sign him. Not saying it's much, but something. He was probably gna be undrafted tho.

I give the Knicks' draft in total a C+

I don't mind the Shumpert pick (don't love it, don't hate it), I just really wanted to add some more guys.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Brandon Knight - B+. Probably the best player available but very disappointing to see them not address their interior issues. Still, I think knight could be very nice.
    Singler - C+. Sure, hes a smart big framed dookey with a good skillset, but we have how many combo forwards? I was hoping they would reach for tyler or another interior player like benson. oh well
    Macklin - A. definitely a decent pick in the late draft. Im not a huge fan of his, but he is pretty athletic and willing to bang.

Overall? Probably about a B or B+.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Spurs B++

The only reason I don't give them an A is because the loss of George Hill. Not necessarily the player I was willing to part with.

Bismack Biyombo - A

i really like this guy. he has great size and wingspan and he seems to have a good work ethic too. should be the enforcer type and he thinks he'll lead the league in rebounds and blocks next season won't happen, but it's never bad to have high expectations for yourself. his ceiling is ben wallace and there are few centers i'd take over a prime ben wallace. solid pick, we really need an interior force, i wonder if he'll develop some kind of offensive game. also, having charles oakley teach him how to control the paint can't hurt.

Kemba Walker - A

kemba's a winner. he's small, but his jumper is silky smooth and he's just a solid overall player. one of the few players who i think really has that competitive edge and real desire to win, which is probably why MJ drafted him. he's undersized but he's still taller than DJ augustin and i think he has a higher ceiling. could see him maybe as a tony parker type scoring point guard. no problems with that here.

overall i'm really satisfied with this draft, should be an exciting future. next season's gonna be ugly though

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Portland won today.

Mirotic-B+ At first I was like WTF, but then I read about the guy, watched some highlights...seems like a solid player, and glad he's replacing Boozer one day.

Jimmy Butler F+ Another small forward, when James Johnson was clearly better.

And they should have traded up for Hamilton, that pisses me off dearly. Inept management.

Dallas essentially with Rudy Fernandez at 26 and Petteri Kopenen at 57

B+

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Brandon Knight - B+. Probably the best player available but very disappointing to see them not address their interior issues. Still, I think knight could be very nice.
    Singler - C+. Sure, hes a smart big framed dookey with a good skillset, but we have how many combo forwards? I was hoping they would reach for tyler or another interior player like benson. oh well
    Macklin - A. definitely a decent pick in the late draft. Im not a huge fan of his, but he is pretty athletic and willing to bang.

Overall? Probably about a B or B+.
    Solid A for me. I think the Pistons lucked out that Knight 'dropped' to them. Would you have preffered Bismack if he was still available? I know that more Pistons fans did...

I don't know though, Knight is a real PG, even if its a scoring PG (does that make sense). Stuckey is a good player, but I always felt he was playing out of position.

So, I'm a Blazers fan and it's still a bit confusing. I don't know anything about Nolan Smith, but he seems like a nice prospect. Undersized though (6'3 SG?), I hope he can adjust to playing some point. I think that Felton will be an upgrade for us. Miller is great and I like him more, but Felton has more range and that will do the team good.. we need some shooting from our PG. Overall, not a bad night.. a lot happened.We needed some more depth upfront though.. hope we can sign somebody.
    Overall: B-

I have no idea who clippers picks travis leslie, trey thompkins are, but i would rate Jazz and Wizards draft picks A+

Decent college freshman

Jazz and Wizards had the best 2 drafts.

What do Jazz fans think they will do now with all those talls? Surely they will keep Kanter and Favors and probably keep Okur to mentor Kanter and for a veteran presence. Trade Al Jeff and Millsap for a quality defensive C?

Double A's

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Jazz and Wizards had the best 2 drafts.

What do Jazz fans think they will do now with all those talls? Surely they will keep Kanter and Favors and probably keep Okur to mentor Kanter and for a veteran presence. Trade Al Jeff and Millsap for a quality defensive C?
    If anything thing the only bigs i see them keeping is Al Jeff( Since he can finally play his real position at the 4) , Favors and Kanter

I'm not sure about the whole Elson-Fes situation but people seem to be forgetting we have to make a desicion about those 2 bigs to