Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I don't see anybody else winning it all apart from these 3... Where last year I felt there were 2 more in the running. I didn't have us down a true contender last year either but this year a championship is expected like it is for Miami and Thunder.

A lot will depend if Dwight jumps his game with this new cast.
    Going to be a great season.

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Going to be a great season.
    Indeed, I'm sure we will have some disagreements along the way too lucky thunder fans some good fans to debate with. Just want the season to get going...

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Indeed, I'm sure we will have some disagreements along the way too lucky thunder fans some good fans to debate with. Just want the season to get going...
    Oh there's always many Laker fans to have disagreements with, don't worry about that Bring on the season. Australian football season just ended, only a few more weeks to the basketball

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    3 games in 2011-2012 season (no particular order), Nash vs Westbrook.

Game 1 (PTS/REB/ASS/STL):

WB: 31/3/10/4
    Nash: 12/2/13/0

Game 2:

WB: 15/6/5/2
    Nash: 12/1/5/0

Game 3:

WB: 18/2/4/2
    Nash: 8/4/6/0

Hmm I wonder who won that matchup? Notice Westbrook's steals? Yeah, not a good defender.. Nash one year older, getting slower all the time. Westbrook (only getting better), one year more experience. Westbrook, when putting in the effort, is one of the top defensive PGs in the league. He can sometimes get lazy, and not put in his best efforts, but in a serious matchup, such as a finals series, Nash will get eaten alive. Deal with it, Nash is toast, and the Lakers have no shot at a 7 game series again the Thunder.
    Westbrook pretty much rips everyone he faces a new asshole. Did you see what he did to the Heat one of the better defensive teams in the league? I don't know how you'd expect Nash on a sub par defensive team to contain him 1 on 1. Besides Kobe will be guarding Westbrook, Lakers game plan should be to turn him into a scorer and focus their attention on shutting down Harden and Durant.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

How much does 1 on 1 defense really matter with Howard and Gasol in the lane?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore vegasbigshots's Avatar

Start the opening season already.

I rule the local playground

Phoenix had defensive giants like Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye defending the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlar
    Phoenix had defensive giants like Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye defending the paint.

College star

GOAT post in this thread

Nash still sucks defensively though but it comes down to the Lakers team defense and their philosophy when guarding scoring point guards. Building a wall defensively forces OKC into a purely jump shooting team, instead of a pre-dominantly jump shooting team who also feasts on strong drives to the basket and easy lay-ups.

When Dallas in 2011 and Miami last year did this - making OKC rely too much on jump shots - they limited OKC's offensive bursts. Ibaka really needs to develop a solid post game for those guys.

Still don't know why they didn't just trade Westbrook and Perkins for Dwight in 2011...

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    GOAT post in this thread

Nash still sucks defensively though but it comes down to the Lakers team defense and their philosophy when guarding scoring point guards. Building a wall defensively forces OKC into a purely jump shooting team, instead of a pre-dominantly jump shooting team who also feasts on strong drives to the basket and easy lay-ups.

When Dallas in 2011 and Miami last year did this - making OKC rely too much on jump shots - they limited OKC's offensive bursts. Ibaka really needs to develop a solid post game for those guys.

Still don't know why they didn't just trade Westbrook and Perkins for Dwight in 2011...
    Might have something to do with Dwight being a bitch

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Around 2:05... who blocked Artest? Looks like Ariza?
    Clark but Ebanks has much more of a resemblance than Ariza.