Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Favorite Beatles song (songs)?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    In our money league, this guy got Vick, Hillis, Stevie Johnson, Tamme, Vincent Jackson (the reason he beat me in the semis)... All off of waivers.

F#cking sickening. I may be leaving someone out.
    I didn't get Vick I drafted Phil Rivers (one of my few good picks) along with Arian the Barbarian Foster.

I did pick up Hillis/Stevie J/Tamme/Traded peanuts for Colston who was a BEAST in the second half of the season...I also picked up Benjarvus Greene Ellis off WW he was the epitome of consistency. I drafted Vincent Jackson too :)

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
    I didn't get Vick I drafted Phil Rivers (one of my few good picks) along with Arian the Barbarian Foster.

I did pick up Hillis/Stevie J/Tamme/Traded peanuts for Colston who was a BEAST in the second half of the season...I also picked up Benjarvus Greene Ellis off WW he was the epitome of consistency. I drafted Vincent Jackson too :)
    Oh yes... Phil Rivers... I remember now. He connected with VJax for, what? Three TDs in our semifinal game? Those two guys totaled like... 65 points on a Thursday night game, effectively ending my season before we even got to Sunday.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Oh yes... Phil Rivers... I remember now. He connected with VJax for, what? Three TDs in our semifinal game? Those two guys totaled like... 65 points on a Thursday night game, effectively ending my season before we even got to Sunday.
    yeah and i think the rest of my team put up duds besides those two and your entire team put up duds and you almost squeaked out the W...that was def. my closest call.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Dog

I also picked up Rivers. I saw he was listed so low on the draft cheat sheets so I held out and grabbed him in the 5th or 6th round. Drafted Colston too, was about to drop him right before he started beasting but decided to hold out, and it paid off.

Also grabbed Greene-Ellis, Tolbert, and Ryan Torain off waivers, which was awesome since all my original backs save for Chris Johnson took huge hits.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    I also picked up Rivers. I saw he was listed so low on the draft cheat sheets so I held out and grabbed him in the 5th or 6th round. Drafted Colston too, was about to drop him right before he started beasting but decided to hold out, and it paid off.

Also grabbed Greene-Ellis, Tolbert, and Ryan Torain off waivers, which was awesome since all my original backs save for Chris Johnson took huge hits.
    FF is the best.

Banned

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

There are only about 5 or 6 songs in the Beatles catalog that I don't love, so it's difficult to choose. I think these would have to be my top 10 favorites:

Dear Prudence
    Strawberry Fields Forever
    She Loves You
    A Day in the Life
    Don't Let Me Down
    Norwegian Wood
    In My Life
    You Never Give Me Your Money
    Hey Jude
    I've Just Seen a Face
    Last edited by SuperPippen; 05-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Ten songs in no specific order:

And I Love Her
    For No One
    Across the Universe (naked)
    Here Comes the Sun
    Let it Be
    A Day in the Life
    Paperback Writer
    You never give me your money
    In My life
    Oh! Darling

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

'Long, Long, Long' is very overlooked.

A simple song yet subtly powerful song.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Ten songs in no specific order:

And I Love Her
    For No One
    Across the Universe (naked)
    Here Comes the Sun
    Let it Be
    A Day in the Life
    Paperback Writer
    You never give me your money
    In My life
    Oh! Darling
    My fav Beatles cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIy2Lz_Evio

better than the original version

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    My fav Beatles cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIy2Lz_Evio

better than the original version
    No it wasn't. I generally don't care for woman singing in general though I adore Emmylou Harris because 1. She was a ****ing fox when she was younger and 2. she sang with Gram Parson's one of my favorite country musicians but you are just wrong...this just doesn't have close to the emotion and heart break as the original as Paul sang sang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    No it wasn't. I generally don't care for woman singing in general though I adore Emmylou Harris because 1. She was a ****ing fox when she was younger and 2. she sang with Gram Parson's one of my favorite country musicians but you are just wrong...this just doesn't have close to the emotion and heart break as the original as Paul sang sang it.
    completely disagree I guess.

I think it has more soul and emotion than Paul's version. I think Paul is a genius technical singer and has his moments in which he showed great soul and emotion, but Harris bests him with her version.

I also prefer the music on this version as well. It's more solemn and true to the song than the original in my book. The harpsichord sounds too baroque and the English horn sounds too aristocratic.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Lil B > The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    the English horn sounds too aristocratic.

The French horn makes that song. It adds this hauntingly sad atmosphere and really helps the work transcend a mere "woe is me" breakup song. Per Wiki:

The French horn solo was by Alan Civil, a British horn player described by recording engineer Geoff Emerick as the "best horn player in London".[6] During the session, McCartney pushed Civil to play a note that was beyond the usual range of the instrument. According to Emerick, the result was the "performance of his life."

Like everyone else it's hard to pick a favorite. I like a lot of the singles (Hey Jude, Lady Madonna). Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane might just be the greatest 45 single ever released.

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

The whole Abbey Road melody is amazing ("You never give me your money" to "The End")

Don't Let Me Down - This track has a nice soul/lounge type of feel to it
    Let it Be
    Across The Universe
    Strawberry Fields
    Im Only Sleeping
    Happiness is a Warm Gun
    No Reply
    You've got to hide your love away

I can't think of anymore right now because there are too many