Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

lol @ the first posts...

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

I wanna see him vs Bulls/Heat defense. But he has games vs Denver/Memphis soon, lets see if Tony Allen or Iggy can stop him.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Game 2 (W):
    45 points on 14-19 shooting(2-4 from 3's), 7 boards, 2 assists.
    Game 3 (L) Houston home opener vs Blazers:
    24 points on 8-24 shooting(1-6 from 3's), 6 boards, 5 dimes and 5 TO's.

Very good NBA starter

Harden's hot start reminds me of Brandon Jennings a few years ago opening with 25, 32, and 55 point games. Big difference is Harden isn't a rookie, but it's reminiscent because every team is rusty and some players start off like they're in mid-season form (Harden played ball all summer pretty much). Like Jennings though, Harden will come down to earth. Especially as the team realizes he won't be able to carry the team to wins to the extent of 30-40+ points a game. Rockets tonight shot .35% as a team and didn't break the 85 point mark, despite Harden totaling a respectable 24 points. I like Harden's playing style though (seeing as Manu is my fav player), looking forward to him embracing the role.

It looked like he was gonna get it done before he rolled his ankle.

As long as he keeps shooting. I know it isn't the same, but I twisted my ankle playing ball recently and it's amazing how much of a sprain you can continue to play on. Then you wake up the next day and can't even put pressure on it.

So, take that into account.

-Smak

Banned

27 games so far:

25.8 PPG on 44.9% shooting (incl. 35.9% from 3's) and 8.6/10 at the FT line
    4.5 boards/game, 5.3 dimes/game and 1.8 stl/game
    3.6 to/game isn't good but that seem like the average for many #1 option players

And the Rockets are 16-12 (Harden missed 1 game, the one where Lin scored 38 vs SAS)

And everybody wants to call Morey insane. He got us a young stud. Just so happen to be one of my favorite players. All we gotta do now is get Dwight.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    27 games so far:

3.6 to/game isn't good but that seem like the average for many #1 option players

And the Rockets are 16-12 (Harden missed 1 game, the one where Lin scored 38 vs SAS)
    Actually is kinda 2, Visited Utah and got sick, played 1 half gazillion TO.s and 3 pts something, could not come back sec half. I wish he did not play that game.

This is a guy that's basically 26, 5,5. with 60% TS and only can improve. Smart and low key. great leader. The rockets culture is getting amazing, everyone is likable no ego, play unselfish teamball, work hard go about business,no boneheaded play, no showboating yelling, demanding of certain things. Hopefully it can keep it that way. Professional and mature like the spurs.

This guy can kill as first option in regular season with good cast. We'll see in off season.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    And everybody wants to call Morey insane. He got us a young stud. Just so happen to be one of my favorite players. All we gotta do now is get Dwight.
    **** no. That man-child has the potential to be poison for our young guys and locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Noooope. He's not THAT good. He'd at most average 20 points on 45% shooting and fail as a lead dog.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Noooope. He's not THAT good. He'd at most average 20 points on 45% shooting and fail as a lead dog.
    Hehe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    27 games so far:

UPDATE: 49 games, 47 full games played (missed 1 game, played half a game due to injury) | Rockets 26-23, holding on the 8th seed, while also battling for 7th.

25.8 PPG on 44% shooting (incl. 32.8% from 3's).
    4.5 RPG and 5.5 APG
    1.8 STL, 0.5 BLK and a high 3.8 TO/game

He is a legit #1 option! Now gotta see if he's a #1 option for a playoff team.

Banned

Looks like he'll finish with 25.9 or 26 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 5.9 APG on a #7 or #8 seed playoff team. Still has 14 minutes of game play vs Lakers.

AK47DR91 was nearly on spot.
    Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    This thread is now the James Harden Statistics Tracker thread.

My prediction is 24 PPG to lead the Rockets for 2012-13 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Not a caliber playoff team, but I think he's capable of leading a team into the playoffs(1st Round exit) a couple of seasons. And maybe one surprising playoff run, like 1st Round upset or CF series appearance.

I think Harden's ceiling as the lead dog would be similar to Glenn Robinson in Milwaukee or Glen Rice in Miami and Charlotte. 2 or 3 playoff appearances and 1 surprising playoff run.
    Last edited by DMV2; 04-18-2013 at 12:21 AM.