Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Do the Orlando Magic play Jameer Nelson in game two? I know he played well in limited minutes, but Anthony Johnson was playing solid basketball before Jameer's return.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

That was not even Kobe's best game. In the last series against Denver, Kobe scored the same 40 points on only 24 shot attempts. And Gasol played an average game offensively, as did Bynum and Odom. So the Magics should be very afraid. They might pick it up in Game 2, but the Lakers can also improve. Maybe that was the best defense I've seen the Lakers play, but their offense was just the usual Kobe doin' work.

What people don't mention is that Orlando actually played good defense, yet Lakers were still able to shoot 47% from the field.
    Last edited by cotdt; 06-05-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    lets wait for game 2.
    if LAL win again => champion

No

When Lakers win 3 more then that = champion.
    One game at a time never count the other team out. The Lakeshow has to finish the job. Great start though and we all know how Phil Jackson team do when the win the first game of a series.

[COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Arial Black"]GO LAKES!!!!![/FONT][/COLOR]

Local High School Star

Arrow Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

^^
    thanks, but i allready knew that 4 wins a needed.
    that's why i used "=>" and not "="
    let's hope and see.

Dwight said "I told the guys that we don't want to be like the Lakers were last year, just happy to be in the finals".

He also said that he and Bynum will be working out together at some point this summer. I like that.

So how do you guys predict Game 2 going?

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

I only saw the 1st 2 minutes of the final quarter, and stopped watching afterwards.

After checking the scorebards. 2 obviously critical points needs to be pointed out. Rebounding and field goal shooting. Their 3 point shots were kinda ok. 8 out of 23 is just normal for the magic. But .299 % shooting? Damn that's just too low. The whole magic team played like ****. Maybe bcoz its their first time in the finals. I believe no one in their roster has ever been in that stage. Its inexcusable though. But i also believe that there is no way the lakers will keep them from shooting this badly for 3 more games. Im not gonna make any predictions until i see game 2. But this not yet over like others might think.

Oh another thing, Jameer should not be playing. He just disrupted the rotation. Anthony johnson has been playing great and the second unit has been playing great. Nelson is more comfortable as a starter playing with the starters. They have got to remember that this second unit has been hugely responsible for the 3 come from behind games they had in cleveland. Jameer should suck up his pride and just sit down or stan should make him a starter again.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Lakers are looking to get an easy ring for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnni Gade
    Lakers are looking to get an easy ring for themselves.
    I don't think it will be that easy.

The Magic can not shoot that bad for to long before they go off.

Magic Johnson

Hopefully the Lakers aren't listening to the people on ISH. You would think this series is over.... when obviously it isn't.

Very good NBA starter

Ill say this..........

Lebron kept fighting the Magic, The lakers have a better team collectively and I dont think Kobe is going to let them lose this series.

LA in 6.

Banned

Magic are going to be ready to play in Game 2. They've probably shooken off the Finals stage fright and should be ready to go. I hope the Lakers are too, Kobe is the only one I can tell you that will be ready because in the post-game conference he knows the Magic will be ready to play and he also said that they need to forget that Game 1 win as fast they can.

I hope Gasol can show up more on the offensive end, he did a great job rebounding and defending but his offense was pretty sub-par in the 1st half especially.

Dunking on everybody in the park

While I don't see Magic losing again by 25+, I also really don't think they can win today. They did have some bad luck with shooting in Game 1, but that is a risk they take going for a lot of 3s. LA defense proved to be much better than Cav's and if Howard can't score 25+ a game they won't have much of a chance. LA did not play that well in Game 1 either, Gasol and Odom weren't nearly as good as they were in last two games, magic also got at least 15 easy points when Lakers totally failed to defend.

Saw a basketball once

Default Lakers to win 2nd matchup

I have just decided to bet quite substantial money at Jetbull on Lakers in 2nd game! Why? Coz they gonna win it !!! and I mix that with Roger to win today so that he has 14slams!!!!! hammertime!!!

But so Daily does not get mad...they only kind of suck. Not suck to the absolute 10th of suckyness but maybe like a 7.
    Last edited by crisoner; 06-08-2009 at 08:12 PM.