Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

I would have loved to see Melo's reaction to this. Him and JKidd.

And Wade's as well, if he wasnt injured. Thats like a pure slap in the face to them.

Local High School Star

"Guys are gonna look to me to lead by example and lead by voice, so, I'm here for them"

Need someone to take the last shot? I'm here for you guys, even if I just chuck it off the backboard without even hitting rim...follow my lead!

Learning to shoot layups

haha, it looked like he was struggling to answer the questions without his PR guys prepping him for it. How about his "celebrity" answer, he couldn't come up with a witty answer that's politically correct and just said "um.. nobody", lol. He looked like he didn't want to be interviewed at all, I'm sure that's what happens to most superstars though when they're getting interviewed on the fly. Most people would probably say something stupid like him if bothered by the media day and night.

Its funny when he got asked if the Cavs are gonna win it all next year, he just rolled his eyes and said "yea, I'm working hard this summer"
    Last edited by Pharmacist; 07-27-2007 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacist
    haha, it looked like he was struggling to answer the questions without his PR guys prepping him for it. How about his "celebrity" answer, he couldn't come up with a witty answer that's politically correct and just said "um.. nobody", lol. He looked like he didn't want to be interviewed at all, I'm sure that's what happens to most superstars though when they're getting interviewed on the fly. Most people would probably say something stupid like him if bothered by the media day and night.
    trust me lots of nba players get bothered and wouldnt say something stupid like that...I sounded more like what he really felt...

Honestly he gets a big pass from the media and especially ESPN, imagine if certain other people had said that..what would espn do with it..how many articles would be out by now???

Dunking on everybody in the park

Damn that's a lot of back hair.

Anyway, good for LeBron. Where the **** were Kobe and Kidd last summer? And now they're the "leaders", after one scrimmage? Pay your dues, rookies.

Melo leads the team in shot attempts, that's all he cares about.

Local High School Star

I can't even imagine Lebron James taking the last shot in the final minutes..

We will have to wait and see if Lebron James can prove us wrong..

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
    Damn that's a lot of back hair.

Anyway, good for LeBron. Where the **** were Kobe and Kidd last summer? And now they're the "leaders", after one scrimmage? Pay your dues, rookies.

Melo leads the team in shot attempts, that's all he cares about.

WTF are you talking about? Kobe was getting knee surgery and Kidd wasn't even on the original squad since Colangelo assumed he wasn't interested. And Kidd's always been the f&cking leader, that's who he is. And he is 34-0 in international competition, wtf does lebron have?

Melo led the team in shot attempts while shooting at a high percentage and better from three, and totally outplayed Lebron in almost every single aspect of the game during the 06 worlds...

...so again, wtf are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
    I can't even imagine Lebron James taking the last shot in the final minutes..

We will have to wait and see if Lebron James can prove us wrong..
    do you really want lebron taking the last shot and losing our country a medal this year...come on coach K be a man and cut him like you and D'Antoni wanted to last time..Forget about the media fall out and do whats best for your country

Wow, just.. wow. Probably thinks he's a leader because he calls "1, 2, 3, USA!!" in the huddle.

Decent college freshman

He self proclaim the leader, you are not Lebron this is not Cleav. this the USA team, you have to earns that title.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Wow.

Just saying "i'm the leader of this team" would have been egotistical and disrespectful to an extent, considering that Melo and Wade were the best players last time, J-Kidd was added with his 28-0 record, and Kobe was added as well---but just adding that "number one" in front of it so that everybody knows it's Lebron's team and only Lebron's team really takes the cake in terms of big headedness. I dont even know how you can have enough pure, unfiltered gall to say something like that, on camera.

It would be egotistical for Kidd or Kobe to say too, but atleast they'd be somewhat right because guys are going to come to them.

It would've been egotistical for AI or Duncan to have said it in 2004. Its just an egotistical thing to say.

But for this fool to say it when its obviously not true, then... Hell I don't even think he should be on the team, nevertheless the leader. I want the idiot to name one example of a player on that team not named Durant or Oden that has come to him for his vocal leadership as he suggested on that vid? Just 1. Just 1 mother****er.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    do you really want lebron taking the last shot and losing our country a medal this year...come on coach K be a man and cut him like you and D'Antoni wanted to last time..Forget about the media fall out and do whats best for your country

Like I said before, I can't imagine Lebron James taking the last shot..the only players on Team USA that should take the last shot are Bryant,Melo, and Miller.

My respect for Lebron decreased from, 8/10 to 2/10..for saying this BS.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    He self proclaim the leader, you are not Lebron this is not Cleav. this the USA team, you have to earns that title.
    Lebron is not Lebron?

Banned

This is where LeBroom ranks on Team USA in terms of "leadership":

Kobe/Kidd
    Billups
    Melo
    Battier
    Williams
    Hinrich
    LeBrick

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    What a fucking hater. Yeah lets cut lebron that will really help us win the gold.

LBJ>Kobe in leadership. Not clutch shots. LEADERSHIP. Kobe has proved nothing about being a good leader. Kidd has, but Lebron let a cast of nobodys to the nba finals. He is a great leader.