Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Arnold....this guy:

Marvels at wilts strength.

19 year olds on the internet think such people are what...lying?
    The more I've come to learn about Wilt, the more truth I've come to see in him supposedly being the strongest player to ever play.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Arnold was a body builder, not a power lifter. He used 120lbs with maximum stretch and contraction at each phase of the lift to get maximum pump and muscle growth. Bodybuilders in general don't lift their heaviest on isolation exercises.
    Fact: Top bodybuilders are much more stronger than any basketball player.

Arnold SchwarzeAfricanAmerican

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    And? What exactly are you replying to in my post?

Arnold was a body builder, not a power lifter. He used 120lbs with maximum stretch and contraction at each phase of the lift to get maximum pump and muscle growth. Bodybuilders in general don't lift their heaviest on isolation exercises.
    I imagine it would be harder though for people with longer arms though. Either way, must have been elite strong.

Depending on the exercise that's not much at all, or it is an elite level of weight. If it is tricep extensions with a triangular bar then I would say the average male can likely do at least what Wilt could... If it is a french curl then it is a pretty elite level of strength. If it is a single handed extension that it is god damned elite depending on the pulley system (the more pulleys = less weight actually being pushed/pulled)

On to the rope extensions well that exercise like the extensions with the triangular bars it is an easy exercise that most men could do at that weight.

The only other tricep exercises that I can think of with weight would be dips with plates tied on to you, or bench dips with weights on your lap. Maybe Arnold meant close grip bench press which is a tricep exercise.

Do you know how to build muscle? I have a feeling you are doing it in an ineffective way if you think that is how body builders build their muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I imagine it would be harder though for people with longer arms though. Either way, must have been elite strong.
    Depends what exercises. For most bicep exercises it helps to have longer arms due to leverage. Same with something like deadlifts. You don't have to lift the weight as far off the ground if your arms are longer. Just depends.

Most of the ego lifts, like bench, it is a disadvantage to have longer limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Do you know how to build muscle? I have a feeling you are doing it in an ineffective way if you think that is how body builders build their muscles.

Yes, I do. I've watched enough videos and talked to enough of some of Australia's best bodybuilders to know.

I used to train for power my first 2 years in the gym, and I was at most about 240lbs at 6'3. The last 2.5 years I'm down to 210lbs and really focusing on just looking as lean and big as possible instead of for sport and power. I look bigger now at 210lbs than I did at 240lbs.

I've seen some of Australia's and videos of America's best bodybuilders curling 22lbs to 30lbs dumbbells. They don't go heavy on isolation exercises. Its all about stretch and contraction with the weight, not so much the weight itself. They aren't powerlifters. They aren't competing for strength.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Damn.... Wilt was a stronger mother****er.

Wish he would of asked him about his bench!!! but this is a good peak into how strong Dip actually was....It HAS to be the 1 pully tricep extention or something equally as difficult...If Arnold had just said wilt did that weight WITHOUT making the comparison to what the bigger guys in the gym did it would of made this unclear...but he did do a decent amount more than the bigger guys were doing so

glad to see there very well could be some truth to his bench claims.

I'd post the link but have no idea where I found it...but it was a link to a old newspaper article with RED AURBACH claiming that Wilts Max bench his rookie year was around 365-385 (I don't remember the exact number)...and to be honest it might not of been his max but rather what he was able to rep...anyways if it was the former, I see no reason being so close to 400, and weighing around 250 his rookie year...that he wouldn't of been able to get it to at least 430+ by the time he was 320 LBS in his PRIME....Cavsftw knows the exacts on that...he's the measurement guru

Dwight howard (youngISH) benching making the weight look like a damn matchstick (He adds weight overtime in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lek3aSbUsUM
    Last edited by jongib369; 09-27-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Wish he would of asked him about his bench!!! but this is a good peak into how strong Dip actually was....It HAS to be the 1 pully tricep extention or something equally as difficult...If Arnold had just said wilt did that weight WITHOUT making the comparison to what the bigger guys in the gym did it would of made this unclear...but he did do a decent amount more than the bigger guys were doing so

glad to see there very well could be some truth to his bench claims.

I'd post the link but have no idea where I found it...but it was a link to a old newspaper article with RED AURBACH claiming that Wilts Max bench his rookie year was around 365-385 (I don't remember the exact number)...and to be honest it might not of been his max but rather what he was able to rep...anyways if it was the former, I see no reason being so close to 400, and weighing around 250 his rookie year...that he wouldn't of been able to get it to at least 430+ by the time he was 320 LBS in his PRIME....Cavsftw knows the exacts on that...he's the measurement guru

Dwight howard (youngISH) benching making the weight look like a damn matchstick (He adds weight overtime in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lek3aSbUsUM
    First off, you do realize those aren't 45lbs plates in Dwight's video?

Secondly, a big LOL at Wilt benching anywhere above 300lbs for reps during his rookie year.

Thirdly, Arnold was in a gym full of bodybuilders. Far different from what Wilt was trying to achieve with his lifting.

First off, you do realize those aren't 45lbs plates in Dwight's video?

Secondly, a big LOL at Wilt benching anywhere above 300lbs for reps during his rookie year.

Thirdly, Arnold was in a gym full of bodybuilders. Far different from what Wilt was trying to achieve with his lifting.
    1. Are you 100% sure? before I fractured my sternum I used 45's that looked a lot like those...Same exact size (But I do know the size your talking about)

2. I guess Red Aurbach and a host of others are just lying about how strong he is? LOL Shaq can bench 450 when he was younger and not a giant mass of fat and muscile... but Chamberlain when he was 320 couldn't come close to even 300+ after years of training and gradual increases?

3. How do you know it was a gym full of bodybuilders? (Unless I missed he said that) Just because Arnold was there doesnt mean there wasnt power lifters there also...Ronnie Coleman goes to the YMCA I go to a lot when he is in the area...I've seen powerlifters there...Or am I pulling shit out of my ass?

W/e you say Mr. Omnipotent ISH poster