View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #66
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Default Re: Ric Bucher: Owners of both NBA/NHL teams, say a whole season lockout is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I don't really know how the negotiations went down. I thought it was like "here's our financial statements, as you can see we are making a loss, so we need you to give back"

If the players can't read these financial statements then it's not anyone's fault

Who said the Players can't read financial statements? They have disputed the numbers the Owners have given from the beginning but have not chosen to publicly release their exact figures.

Unfortunately for them news outlets like ESPN have been reporting the numbers the Owners allege to be loss without even mentioning the fact that the Players dispute them. Its gotten to the point that now most fans can sprout out that fact that 22 out of 30 teams are losing money, and that the league is losing $300+ mil annually.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy those numbers. They simply do not make sense. If teams were bleeding numbers at that rate it would not be so many people out rushing to buy teams, and teams value would not be rising at such a high rate.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote