Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Nix is raping Texas and Payne ain't doing too bad in the second half either. Great to see the big men playing well....although Texas really isn't that formidable down low.

I cringe when I see them miss as many good 3pt looks as they have today though. That could be a key reason they eventually lose in the tourny. They have good shooters this year too. Better than most years.
    if the shooters can stay on the floor and not be defensive liability then MSU could be a lot of trouble

switching every screen, Texas has no answer, Izzo doing a good job keeping the players work rate at 100% every play

really disappointed with Gary Harris though, he needs to step up on defence and not be such a ball stopper. get the ball inside and wait for a good look

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Illinois vs Missouri

Kansas vs Ohio St

Arizona and Cincinatti also in action.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy
    that game they had against Xavier a couple days ago was INTENSE! talk about a grudge match

why the fcuk is Valentine even playing, thats two straight and 1s he's allowed. if youre going to foul dont let them get the shot off

as expected the quick hook from Izzo, dont let this guy see the light of day again, he just killed our momentum

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    that game they had against Xavier a couple days ago was INTENSE! talk about a grudge match
    That is always a really awesome rivalry game. Lots of bad blood between those two schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    That is always a really awesome rivalry game. Lots of bad blood between those two schools.
    i love it. that fight last year was great, especially the press conference when the reporters expected an apology from the players but instead they kept talking trash lolll

Cincy looks good this season though. really competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    Thanks for the stats.. wish I can find something like this for Current Nba players and see where they were in HS. I love when a player doesn't make that much noise in college and winds up being a mid to late 1st to 2nd round pick after being highly touted in HS and then blows up in the NBA (Zach Randolph, Gerald Wallace) or vice versa (dwade was a 3 star athlete out of HS) and then the failures (too many to name).
    RSCI is the best place for that. You won't get star rankings (although typically top 25 is a good guideline for 5 stars), but it gives a cumulative ranking back to 1998.

http://www.rscihoops.com/

Felt like that MSU was going to destroy them in the second half. Then Texas threw a punch back. They won't win, though.

I still don't know how that team beat UNC (regardless if they are overrated), hangs with MSU in their place, and still loses to a d2 school.

Just the way Texas plays you would figure they would injury enough Chaminade players to get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    RSCI is the best place for that. You won't get star rankings (although typically top 25 is a good guideline for 5 stars), but it gives a cumulative ranking back to 1998.

http://www.rscihoops.com/

Felt like that MSU was going to destroy them in the second half. Then Texas threw a punch back. They won't win, though.

I still don't know how that team beat UNC (regardless if they are overrated), hangs with MSU in their place, and still loses to a d2 school.

Just the way Texas plays you would figure they would injury enough Chaminade players to get the win.
    they made some difficult shots tbh, and to their credit they were working hard all game long, fighting over screens, chasing loose balls

unfortunately MSU has built a legacy on that type of play and pulled it out. too bad they dont have Kabongo, they would be that much better defensively

Kansas v OSU omg todays schedule is amazing

Nix loves those curl post moves. MSU spaces well to receive the outlet off of those, but I think they could be successful with Payne ducking towards the basket for a drop off (whether it's a high or low pass) for a dunk more often. The more Nix can play this well, the more open guys like Payne will be for the dump pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    i love it. that fight last year was great, especially the press conference when the reporters expected an apology from the players but instead they kept talking trash lolll

Cincy looks good this season though. really competitive team.
    I'm excited to see how Pitt matches up with them on New Year's Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Nix loves those curl post moves. MSU spaces well to receive the outlet off of those, but I think they could be successful with Payne ducking towards the basket for a drop off (whether it's a high or low pass) for a dunk more often. The more Nix can play this well, the more open guys like Payne will be for the dump pass.
    yea im not sure if its by design Payne goes high when Nix ducks in, but i totally agree, if they can learn how to read and react together they will really help us in conference play. Big 10, gonna need avery advantage we can get

msu aint got shit on ryan boatright

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I'm excited to see how Pitt matches up with them on New Year's Eve.
    wow i didnt know, ill circle that one. PITT is also a very physical team, should be a fun game

on another note, both Kansas and OSU are extremely athletic, I wish Matta and Self would open up the game a little more and let these guys get out and run

if Kansas can hold on I don't see why they can't be a top 5 ranking next week. This would be a HUGE win in hostile territory.

also that McLemore inbounds dunk was FREAKY athletic

Why did ohio state go antoine walker in that second half?