Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Whats wrong with being GAY?

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    poorly worded on my part. i actually hesitated after i wrote asexual but left it anyway, so good catch. the point stands. artificial insemination has long since destroyed any anti-gay arguments made out of species survival.
    Well the argument really (at least in today's age) "Humans won't survive if everyone became gay". The argument is whether or not it's natural. You take away science and how else can you continue your genetic line? A hundred years from now, advanced gene splicing may be able to give humans stripes or a tail, but is it natural?

rank sentamentalist

NYK: i think that, without having done the legwork of scientific research, i agree with your basic premise. what i would take issue with, and i'll go ahead and make an assumption here with which you should feel free to deny, is a reading of words/phrases like 'genetic defect', 'abnormality', 'psychological disorder', and the like, as inherently negative. in mainstream discourse, those words are ultimately stigmatized and inevitably insulting to whoever they're describing. that's regardless of their validity in describing biological states.

maybe they're all scientifically appropriate from an evolutionary standpoint, but that shouldn't lead to the conclusion that a gay person is any less of a moral or valuable human being than a heterosexual who isn't described in those terms. ultimately sexual attraction should have very little to do with the meat and potato characteristics that we use to judge another human being. they're entirely irrelevant as far as i'm concerned, assuming healthy relationships and so on and so forth.

7-time NBA All-Star

I have no problem with what someone does in private. My mentality may have been different when I was a teenager, but as you grow older, you learn many things are insignificant. I have a gay uncle and it doesn't change my opinion of him, considering he always helped my family out in any way he could, particularly financially, so his lifestyle is really a non issue to me and probably taught me to be more tolerant of others. The same way Judas Priest are one of my favorite bands and the singer being gay doesn't prevent me from enjoying their music.

Granted, I can see why people are uncomfortable, I also find guys like Richard Simmons annoying and strange. And maybe I'm a hypocrite because I'm not sure whether I'd become friends with someone who is openly gay, but at the same time, it probably wouldn't change my opinion of them if I had a good friend who turned out to be gay, but I don't know either way because I've never had a gay friend that I know of.

But I'd imagine it's a pretty tough life and I don't believe gays can just choose to be straight so I don't get the hatred towards them. I mean, I wouldn't like it if people judged me for my past drug use, but at the same time, at least I can control that. Technically gays can choose not to have sex or try to force themselves to be attracted to women, but that'd basically be like us forcing ourselves to go without pussy.

Whatever 2 consenting adults want to do in private is ok, it's not something I'd like to do, but as one poster said, I wouldn't watch Nascar either. Hell, some straight guy's fetishes are equally bizarre to me, such as wearing women's underwear(Marv Albert ), those who have shit fetishes ect.

Now pedophiles, that's a different story. They should be executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Cowherd
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 02-12-2011 at 07:55 PM.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Well the argument really (at least in today's age) "Humans won't survive if everyone became gay". The argument is whether or not it's natural. You take away science and how else can you continue your genetic line? A hundred years from now, advanced gene splicing may be able to give humans stripes or a tail, but is it natural?
    there are a lot of arguments that nullify that argument, i think. here's one.

three words: science is natural. it has occurred in a wholly inclusive conception of nature, which is the only appropriate conception of nature.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ZGalifianakis
    Whats wrong with being GAY?
    c0ck in the ass for starters.

cereal doe, I think Ice T summed it up best: "She wanna be Lez, he wanna be gay, that's yo bizness I'm straight so nlgga have it your way."

but c0ck in the ass? doesn't sound fun.