Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's first NBA game(2003)& most recent one(2013)..same arena, same photographer!

sleep train arena

Default Re: LeBron's first NBA game(2003)& most recent one(2013)..same arena, same photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    took the kings 10 years to get back on defense.
    lol

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Still remember that 1st game.

The Cavs starting lineup was James, Miles, Davis, Boozer, and Big Z. Ironically, probably the most talented starting 5 he played with in Cleveland. But Davis and Miles were knuckleheads. Peja went off in that 1st quarter if I remember right. Paul Silas on the sidelines...wow

They also need to retro the Air Zoom LeBron 1 ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    wow, dude has really lost a step in athleticism - vert looks a lot lower
    He is heavier than before isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    He is heavier than before isn't he?
    239 back then. Now 265-275 seems to be a safe bet. A bit heavier, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboticWang
    239 back then. Now 265-275 seems to be a safe bet. A bit heavier, yes.
    unless he's fat, he's not 275, Dwight topped out at 270. 2 years ago I remember Lebron was published to have weighed in at 263 I don't think he's heavier than Dwight and I don't think he's still gaining weight either

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    unless he's fat, he's not 275, Dwight topped out at 270. 2 years ago I remember Lebron was published to have weighed in at 263 I don't think he's heavier than Dwight and I don't think he's still gaining weight either
    True, but listed weights (and heights) are all bullshit though.

It's not hard to understand why people would guess he is ~270, his weight is not indicative of his strength. Most people his own weight bounce off of him, as do many players heavier than him. He just has an insane amount of functional strength. If you watch a lot of his work-out videos, you can see he does A LOT of body-weight training (resistance with one's own body-weight). This may have something to do his ridiculous strength and coordination.

P.s. Dwight has chicken legs. Lebron has man legs. That makes up a huge difference in overall muscle mass.
    Last edited by RoboticWang; 01-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He was 245 when drafted. probably around 265ish now.

True, but listed weights (and heights) are all bullshit though.

It's not hard to understand why people would guess he is ~270, his weight is not indicative of his strength. Most people his own weight bounce off of him, as do many players heavier than him. He just has an insane amount of functional strength. If you watch a lot of his work-out videos, you can see he does A LOT of body-weight training (resistance with one's own body-weight). This may have something to do his ridiculous strength and coordination.
    hence I did not give listed info, I gave you the most recent actual weights of those two players that I'm aware of, both are about 2 years old - and it doesn't look like those guys have packed on 10-15lbs since then

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    It's funny, I have this very clear memory from that time. I never seriously considered buying a pair, but I do remember wondering if that was going to be the beginning of a long line of custom LeBron kicks where people would eventually yearn for the "retro 1's" to be re-released. I gave it a thought and figured no one would really ever want a re-release of that line because there was already such a high production of them at the time and I personally found them kind of bland. Yet, here we are, it's happened.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Actually Lebron looks like he's HIGHER in the second pic. It's all about the angle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Still remember that 1st game.

The Cavs starting lineup was James, Miles, Davis, Boozer, and Big Z. Ironically, probably the most talented starting 5 he played with in Cleveland. But Davis and Miles were knuckleheads. Peja went off in that 1st quarter if I remember right. Paul Silas on the sidelines...wow

I stil have a pair of the originals( the white ones in the picture)....I only played in them once and are in great condition...they are good shoes...

I wanted to get the timberland ones...but they sold out after a week.