Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Real Raptors fans stand up!

I would wait till trade deadline, then try to trade to the worst team, Rudy Gay, for their 1st round pick for the upcoming draft. Gets rid of a guy who chucks all the time and gets us a better option towards Wiggins. I know it is wishful thinking, but a man can dream!

I know its up to players to refuse to build a losing environment and that is fine, but I believe that it is up to management to understand that this team cannot contend for a championship, ever. And I want this team to be a championship team. Management has to put this team in a position to succeed in the future and with the current roster they're stuck being a 6-10 place team, which is no mans land.

Its frustrating being a Raptors fan, they always seem to miss out on the top prospects by simply trying too hard at a playoff spot instead of building a proper foundation which can contend for years to come. Its so like the Raptors to end up out of the playoffs and not have a pick low enough for a top prospect.

Look at the top teams and what do they have a Lebron or a Durant, the way this team is constructed its so unlikely they get that top player.

We won't tank to get a top pick. We ALWAYS have to spend our extra cap room on a gap filler. Being a raptors fan is like being in a relationship with a woman who cooks, cleans and puts out just enough to make you stick around and then stops doing all of the above once she knows you're already there

Fire Dwane Casey

I'm a real fan so I always want to see my team win. However, I wouldn't mind a top 5 pick this upcoming draft though.

Realistically, Lowry and Gay could actually be starters on a solid playoff roster (I know I know, Gay has sucked thus far and is vastly overpaid and overrated). Val is kind of borderline but he may get there in time. Amir is pretty much like a Haslem. A glue guy who is solid but not spectacular at everything. We really need an upgrade at the 2 and the 4. As well as a major talent upgrade in our bench.

A packed house tonight and the team laid an egg. I'm not mad at anyone who's ready to jump ship, we're all here fans of watching the titanic sink.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I wish our team was built like Utah. Tons of young guys getting big mins, still entertaining to watch and have a terrible record. When they add that piece (not certain but at least a chance with lottery balls), they will be surrounded with quality players.

Still can't believe we have Ross and not Drummond.

Yeah, Ross was a major waste of a pick. All the "give him time" people are dead silent right now.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Yeah, Ross was a major waste of a pick. All the "give him time" people are dead silent right now.
    It made zero sense.

It wasn't a high ceiling talent pick given that Ross was actually an older sophomore and didn't even perform incredibly well in college. It wasn't a pick based on fit given that re-signing Derozan was always in the plan. And then you had the signing of Fields to add more shit to the SG/SF pile.

In Colangelo's last 2 years, his moves basically made it almost impossible for this team to rebuild easily. Ownership allowed a desperate GM to continue making short-sighted moves.

Saw a basketball once

I think we will see changes soon. IMO Masai couldn't just walk in and tear up this team he had to give it a chance. He even added to it by bringing in hansbrough which was a solid pick up. We're past the 10 game mark where this team is showing what it is which is an ok team but nothing great. I expect Masai will soon have the proof he needs to blow up this team which if done soon enough would put is in the lottery this year. I think he is pretty close to that decision but remember he still has to wait for the other GM to finally decide to pull that trigger and historically those trades don't happen until the 20-30 game mark.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Ownership allowed a desperate GM to continue making short-sighted moves.

Exactly what I was trying to say with my post about the GMs over the years.

Ownership has allowed each GM after 2 -3 years to make short sighted moves because these GMs have all been on short term leashes..

Isiah, Big G, Babcock, Collangelo.

The Mighty Mouse flight
    The Vince trade
    The Bosh trade
    etc.

Maybe the "new executive of MLSE" will allow this president this GM to actually lay down a 3 - 7 year plan (ala SanAntonio) to build a consistent winning franchise that will encourage star players to stay and complimentry star players to come...

I hope so...as a true fan...

I have doubts.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    I'm pretty much in the same spot I was in last year. I'm all about the big picture which is that I want the team to lose enough to secure a top draft pick and bargaining chips to turn this thing around. In the short term, I absolutely don't have the ability to watch a Raptors game and cheer for a loss, it's just not in me. With that said, it becomes harder for me to remain a Raptors fan every year that this same shit goes on without a change.
    THis

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Exactly what I was trying to say with my post about the GMs over the years.

Ownership has allowed each GM after 2 -3 years to make short sighted moves because these GMs have all been on short term leashes..

Isiah, Big G, Babcock, Collangelo.

The Mighty Mouse flight
    The Vince trade
    The Bosh trade
    etc.

Maybe the "new executive of MLSE" will allow this president this GM to actually lay down a 3 - 7 year plan (ala SanAntonio) to build a consistent winning franchise that will encourage star players to stay and complimentry star players to come...

I hope so...as a true fan...

I have doubts.
    i do agree with this. But to be in that position you actually need a direction for a team and not quick fixes. We need an ownership that is willing to wait and let the team rebuild slowly into a strong team. The only way the raptors will ever be a great team is via the draft. We need to get consistently high draft picks and find starts/superstars through teh draft. Then we will see others joining us. These GM's get fired because there is no consistent plan! So its really a two sided afair in not having a great GM with a long term plan and an ownership that wants to just make teh playoffs.