Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Trade Rumour - Raps and Lakers

The rumoured trade is Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Pau Gasol... not sure how I feel about this proposed deal. Apparently the Raptors are the frontrunners to land him if Gasol is traded.

Default Re: Trade Rumour - Raps and Lakers

Sources?

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    The rumoured trade is Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Pau Gasol... not sure how I feel about this proposed deal. Apparently the Raptors are the frontrunners to land him if Gasol is traded.
    Raptors called, Wolves called, Lakers told them they are not dealing him before he play with Nash and they can see how the team look. Per ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    Sources?

Realgm.com - not sure if noting another site is frowned upon...

Yeah, Lakers promised Nash they wouldnt trade Gasol, but they could try and change his mind when he returns.

lakers shot it down, said they will wait and see how it goes with nash first

The criticism on Pau is that he plays to soft, camps the perimeter to much and now if it doesn't pan out with Nash of all players they'd trade him for Bargnani?

No way lakers would turn that deal down. This is the ridiculous lakers point of view that toro tow getting the good deal here. If there was a Bargnani for pau deal it would have to be Bargnani, landy fields, and kleiza

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I hope that the Raptors do this but only to flip Gasol to another team later on for long-term assets.

I like Pau and he'd clearly be the best player in this deal but what's the point of getting him for the Raptors? You go from a bad team to a mediocre at-best team. Big deal. Trade for him, hopefully let him build up some value the rest of the year and then trade him in the offseason to a contender. Hopefully the Raptors have a new GM by then that is allowed to properly rebuild this mess of a team.

Calderon is still a good player and would make a great backup for the Lakers. I've said for a long time he'd be a perfect fit in an offense where Kobe does the primary ball-handling, allowing the PG to play off the ball. He's just not a fit on the Raptors anymore.

I honestly don't see why the Lakers would want Bargnani. He is inferior in every single way imaginable to Gasol.

NBA rookie of the year

Why would the Raptors do this?

Bargnani is very soft but he's still only 27 years old and he can produce for years to come. Gasol is 5 years older and busted and is declining very quick now..

And Calderon is still a good back-up, one of the better in the league.

Learning to shoot layups

As a raptors fan, I'd be okay with that deal. Jose is a defensive liability and the less said about Bargnani, the better. I wish we could throw in Kleiza and Fields in this deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Why would the Raptors do this?

Bargnani is very soft but he's still only 27 years old and he can produce for years to come. Gasol is 5 years older and busted and is declining very quick now..

And Calderon is still a good back-up, one of the better in the league.
    I think Bargs was built to play MDA ball tbh. Good range for a big man, and that is what helped make the Suns succesful.

As for Jose he isn't one of the best PG's in the NBA, but he is above average imo. Good shooter, good passer, pretty good Steve Nash replacement when he goes to the bench. He's not the type to go out and lead the team in scoring, but he can nail a wide open jumper to say the least.

The Lakers will prob do this. I think they want to go all in with bad defense. If they do this trade I'm convinced that this franchise is officially in decline.

Im not denying they would score a lot with this lineup and it might look ok in the regular season. But is gonna flame out when good defensive teams start to gameplan and exploit these matchups.

who ever trades for the declining Mr Softee (Gasol) is an idiot...

I honestly don't see why the Lakers would want Bargnani. He is inferior in every single way imaginable to Gasol.
    Bargs has more long term potential. still hasnt reached his prime... and is deadly from the field. The Lakers probably want to unclog the middle and surround Dwight with more shooters.

Id be sad to see Bargs go though... Ive alway supported him through the ups and downs. Hopefully we can somehow send Fields too... hate that guy.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    who ever trades for the declining Mr Softee (Gasol) is an idiot...
    He was beasting during the Olympics just a few months ago. It's clear the Lakers aren't getting the most out of him.