Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Nobody talks about San Antonio probably going for yet another 50+ win season

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    99 should pretty much count since it was a lockout. They had the best record in the league. So basically since 1998. This would be there 17th straight season

Default Re: Nobody talks about San Antonio probably going for yet another 50+ win season

Every single season for the last 5+ years I always year "The Spurs aren't going far, they're a year older."

You know what? Until these motherf[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ckers have dust coursing through their veins they're always in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Yes. But at some point Duncan and Ginobili will be too old. They can't sustain forever. In fact Ginobili is already showing signs of regression.
    Said everyone 4 or 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    So you're saying Ginobili is playing at the same level as in 2008 or 2009?

Gino's decline makes me unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

but what about 4 or 5 years from now?

I've watched all their games so far and the closest team to beat them was the Suns, that is until G. Green's brain farted.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Every single season for the last 5+ years I always year "The Spurs aren't going far, they're a year older."

You know what? Until these motherf[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ckers have dust coursing through their veins they're always in contention.
    This.

The Spurs are just an amazing organization.

Very good NBA starter

I'm starting to be convinced that all about Pop (and not so much Duncan).

Green and Leonard are getting the biggest bulk of the offensive load apart from Parker, which lets Timmy and Turnobili rest their senile legs. We're still championship contenders. People forget we were a Ray Allen 3 away from winning last summer and we have the same team. The only threats to the Spurs are the Warriors. Clippers and Rockets lack the discipline to beat us in a 7 game series and the Grizzlies are not the same since those horrible trades last season.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

I think compared to other teams their system is a bigger factor in their overall record, rather than talent.

Say for most teams it's 70% talent and 30% system, for the Spurs it could be 60 and 40. The consistency from their best players is also a pretty important factor I think.

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

They're the team in the West that has the fewest question marks about them so barring injury are the favourites (for now) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So you're saying Ginobili is playing at the same level as in 2008 or 2009?
    Said no such thing. But with much more capable offensive weapons on the perimeter alongside Manu such as Bellinelli, Leonard, Green it makes his decline more expendable. The point of my post was that despite the criticism of age year in and year out we are still capable of success. The last two seasons can attest to that, and so can a 6-1 start this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    but what about 4 or 5 years from now?

3-time NBA All-Star

I still think they ****ed up this year in their offseason. Paid way too much to Splitter and Ginobili IMO. $9M for Splitter and $7M for Manu. Splitter is not worth that much and they probably could've easily paid Manu less then that (don't see how he's worth that much more then someone like Ray Allen who only got $3M). I'm thinking they probably could've gotten someone like Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, or Andre Iguodala plus either another decent role player or Ginobili for cheaper with that $16M.

Saw a basketball once

I think this year Spurs is much scarier than last few years
    The acquire of Belinelli has released Mills and share the load with Manu
    Diaw has been awesome
    The whole roster is much balanced

The only thing they have given up is Neal's scoring ability(well replaced by Mills and Belinelli)