Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

Is it confirmed that he will be out for the season? I still can't believe this happened. How the heck does your knee pop out like that in that situation?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Hopefully injuries don't ruin Oden's career like they ruined Yao's. Don't forget that he's still only 21.
    I dont think Yao's career is finished. but i agree that he's days AS A SUPERSTAR are done he'll still be a better version of big Z. but he's days as a top 2 or 3 C are done.

Hopefully injuries don't ruin Oden's career like they ruined Yao's. Don't forget that he's still only 21.
    Oden has two damage knee's now. Yao only broke his knee once, its all foot problem.

Maybe the Blazers should of got Kevin Durant after all.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Oden has two damage knee's now. Yao only broke his knee once, its all foot problem.
    Yao has had 3 stress fractures on the same Leg in the last 3 years. he also broke he's knee cap in the 05-06 Season when Tim Thomas landed on it. plus he is turning 30. Stress fractures dont just go away. infact the one yao has had has gotten longer every year.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    I dont think Yao's career is finished. but i agree that he's days AS A SUPERSTAR are done he'll still be a better version of big Z. but he's days as a top 2 or 3 C are done.
    That's what I meant and it's a shame because he was averaging 27/10 before his injury in the 2006-2007 season. He was playing out of his mind that season. He could have turned into a really dominant center.

NBA lottery pick

That's what I meant and it's a shame because he was averaging 27/10 before his injury in the 2006-2007 season. He was playing out of his mind that season. He could have turned into a really dominant center.
    He was a beast. just a pure beast. he's been on the decline steadily since the 07 season, but he still is a very good player. it really depends on how he recovers. by all Reports he has done a good job of recovering, but at he's age and size, he'll never be the same. same with Tracy. i think he'll be a better version of 07-08 season now where he finished in the top 6 mvp Vote getters. but the 03 McGrady is gone.
    Last edited by ronnymac; 12-06-2009 at 05:13 AM.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden hurt left knee as Blazers hosted Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by dyna

Oh my god....I just saw the espn....I can't believe it.

At that video....did you guys see two girls with the blue sweater in the front row seat close to rockets seats....see her reaction

OH F=uck ME!!! Not again. Greg Oden as much as I like you I think youre probably the unluckiest guy in the NBA. DO the suns need to think about new center ?

Decent college freshman

maan i don't believe this guy is injured again ... this sucks really bad ... i feel sorry for the guy ...

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Maybe the Blazers should of got Kevin Durant after all.
    Maybe they still will get him in FA in a few years.

As for this Oden thing, I don't know what to say. I hate to say this, but I have been relieved for the past year and a half when I read a game report, and there are no Oden injuries on it. When I looked at the ESPN Bottom Line during the Nebraska-Texas game, and it said that Oden hurt his knee, I was disappointed, but I told myself that it may not be that bad. Then, I get the report that he is probably out for the year, and I am upset but not shocked.

I want to have a good attitude about this, but this crap needs to stop happening. I wish him luck in his rehab, but I don't want to put a whole lot of thought into him until he can stay healthy and win some rings for the Blazers. This is ridiculous.

How many more playes will they loose? They have already lost Batum, Outlawm , Mills(not that Mills matters though), Nate and now Oden. Roy played suspiciously good with Oden out and also did his thing and shot the buzzer beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    How many more playes will they loose? They have already lost Batum, Outlawm , Mills(not that Mills matters though), Nate and now Oden. Roy played suspiciously good with Oden out and also did his thing and shot the buzzer beater.
    Bowie = Odom = Owajacandy = Bust

Value Ape.

Man, my heart go's out to rip city.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Sad to see Oden go down. He seems like a nice guy and like always in this world nice guys suffer.