Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Gucci Mane is the most under appreciated rapper of this generation.

Waka is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    best rapper of the 21st century. actual rap fans know this though. it's only the nostalgic 35 year old men and backpackers who will dispute this
    these kind of statements really reminds me how truly retarded you are.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    No I don't. If it does, cool. If it doesn't that's cool too. I'm saying the quality of a song shouldn't be judged solely on what the song is talking about. That's like 1/5 of what actually goes into the song.
    I have to disagree 1/5. Lyrics are huge.

Prime T.I. is the GOAT trap rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Yet non of my white friends get harassed by gang unit for wearing red or blue like me. I know how the worl should be but this is the way it is. Kids of other races can go through a "goon faze" like Andy Reid's kids but the ghetto is my foundation, I can't shake it. Negative stereotyoes cause me and mine hardships. We have to stunt all this ignorance and promote more realistic images, positive ones that can produce positive outcomes for our kids.

I'm tired of ****** shooting up shit and selling drugs and bragging. It's way past old. But when you grew up seeing drug addicts, gangbanging, and the people you love are really getting killed in this life it means more to you that just entertainment.
    Gonna rep you in twenty-four hours.

Frankly to me, this is the epitome of what I call the 'fast food generation'

Our music is packaged to sell. Look at all genres of music. This isnt just rap.

Look at the movies Hollywood has been throwing out there. You think they push remakes on us like they do because we love them? No....they're cash grabs. They bank of simplicity.

Our arts suffer all around the board.

This artist ( I remember him when he first came out ) is a joke. His music is a joke. There is no "deeper" shit going on that we cant wrap our heads around.

And for the record....is some kid here, REALLY gonna tell me, at 31 years of age, that I dont "understand" wtf the message is? Look little kiddies....You havent earned ENOUGH play time on this planet to tell a grown ass person the lyrics are "going over his head"

Its garbage. Music is WEAK right now.

The irony is, most of them will argue record sales....which happens to be the very reason these execs purposely simplify this shit to push it out there by the bundles.

al tears>>>>>>>> real rap discussions

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Why does music have to be "deep" to be good?

It doesnt always have to be deep. But it sure as HELL shouldnt be THIS bad. Gucci Mane....my friends and I used to CLOWN the shit outta him when we first saw him.

Never in my wildest dreams would I think the man would have EVER made it.

the logic is just so bad in that post. gucci has been an independent artist pretty much his whole career. when gucci has forced shit for a label he has never really sold. his albums have never sold well. he had maybe three legit successful singles. his fanbase and critical praise has come from the music he is making on his own and giving out for free (mixtapes). if gucci is a joke then every ignorant street rapper ever is a joke. biggie is a joke, dr. dre is a joke, 50 is a joke. you can't selectively use these arguments.

dude is crying so hard

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Amazes me that so many teenagers and barely 20s think they are the "real" rap fans.

Ive been listening to rap since sneaking to play Rebel Without a Pause on my grandmas stereo when she was at church in the 80s. I had De La soul, The DOC, and Main Source tapes right through Coolio, No Limit, Bad Boy, and Cash Money. Right now on my MP3 player you might get Scarface and Ice Cubes Hand of the dead Body right before Shorty Lo or Trouble and Alley Boy next to Pimp C before David Banner and Organized Konfusion.

I listen to the Youngbloodz, Killer Mike, Eyedea, and some old E40....

I listen to everything.

Gucci cant rap. And nobody will remember he ever existed long term. Nothing he ever did is worth hearing 3 times.

Now...have I been in a club and noticed that "Kick a door'" caused a pandemic?

Yes. But drunk people dont have taste.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Off beat mumbling is not creative. At best you could compare it to scat in jazz or the blues but id hope nobody dared compare that clown to Louis Armstrong or Albert Collins.

And 100 classics?

Get the **** outta here.

Snoop doesnt have 100 classics and everything he put up until like 1997 was probably near classic.

Dude is already fading away. Much much bigger stars than him fade into nothingness. Hes a 20th of Bone Thugs and nobody has heard from them in damn near 15 years aside from 1-2 odd videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Amazes me that so many teenagers and barely 20s think they are the "real" rap fans.

Ive been listening to rap since sneaking to play Rebel Without a Pause on my grandmas stereo when she was at church in the 80s. I had De La soul, The DOC, and Main Source tapes right through Coolio, No Limit, Bad Boy, and Cash Money. Right now on my MP3 player you might get Scarface and Ice Cubes Hand of the dead Body right before Shorty Lo or Trouble and Alley Boy next to Pimp C before David Banner and Organized Konfusion.

I listen to the Youngbloodz, Killer Mike, Eyedea, and some old E40....

I listen to everything.

Gucci cant rap. And nobody will remember he ever existed long term. Nothing he ever did is worth hearing 3 times.

Now...have I been in a club and noticed that "Kick a door'" caused a pandemic?

Yes. But drunk people dont have taste.
    preach!

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

[COLOR="Red"]post wasn't even directed at you it was really only for angar. [/COLOR]it's clear you just don't like gucci which is fine but I don't understand why you're still disputing whether or not he can rap. he can clearly rap very well and creatively when he wants to. and his style of rapping is very original. he has close to a hundred classic songs that will never get old. no point in continuing this

All I said was he was whack, cause well

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Who has done this, and are you calling yourself a "real" rap fan?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

when is gucci ever off beat? he might start mumbling on tracks like 1/10 of the time. yea he's fading away but throughout his career he has had some of the highest output ever. so his 7 year career is closer to most artist's 20 year careers. just three 20 track tapes this year is considered a slump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivH2f8LdKmI
    this just came out last week and i'll be listening to this forever.

if he wasn't constantly in prison he would likely have even more classic material.

That muhfuhka aint even better than Tone Loc