Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT UP

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    how many stupid ****ing threads about this dumb n igger are you gonna make?? admins on this board are trash

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT UP

kenneth, 32Dayz & kblaze ruined this thread
    This topic was never going to be worthwhile. Kobe/Lebron hate topics are probably best deleted on sight. Only reason I didnt is because the guy seems to have put some thought into it and if I just deleted every Kobe/Lebron topic half the people here wouldnt have anything to say.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They are at least implying that Lebron could still accomplish close to what Jordan did. They are ignoring the fact that its not easy at all, that Lebron doesn't necessarily have as much time left, and that so far he's shown that he's clearly not as great of a player as Jordan.
    you are making a pretty wild generalisation as to the motivations of all the people who have pointed out this trivial fact.

personally, i think its possible that lebron wins plenty of championships. i dont know how likely it is, but its possible.

and i think most people who point this out think the same thing

i dont know, maybe you are ranting about a small minority of dumb posters that i dont pay attention to (and maybe if they are so dumb, you should ignore them too?)

The title of this thread should be changed to "Hey Lebron Fans, Stop Defending Your Favorite Player!"

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT U

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Just goes to show you how difficult it is to win a championship, let alone two, three, four, etc. I think a lot of people thought LeBron would have a ring by now, even though history suggests a lot of great players never even get an opportunity to play for a championship.

I hate to bring up Kobe Bryant, but consider he's spent almost half of his career playing in the Finals. That is just an amazing accomplishment by itself.

And I hate to bring up the fact that 99.9% of players don't come into the league and have a prime shaq right of the bat. Kobe deserves a lot of credit for what he's accomplished....however getting to play w/ prime untouchable shaq is the main reason he has 3 titles.

I hope Lebron never wins a title, I hate his guts. That being said, Lefraud has never played with anybody that good in his career arguably til last year. I'm taking early 2000's Shaq over current day Wade.

Wade wouldn't have a title either if he didn't play with Shaq.

1. When people say "Jordan didnt had a ring until he was 27-28" they mean that Lebron has time to achieve those accomplishments aswell... because it is the age that is the countdown... not how many NBA seasons you played... its the age that is the problem...

2. Lebron had 3 years NBA experience in a scrub team... and Jordan had 3 years College/NCAA Championship experience....... i would think from a basketball standpoint Jordan had better basketball experience at similar age coming in to the NBA...

3. NBA experience will help you as a player... but will not win you championship... BEST TEAM wins the championship, not the best player... If Lebron got his Pippen and Rodman, Kukoc, Phil Jackson and so on.... im sure he could have won a championship aswell.......

4. Jordan didnt shrink? (He actually did perform under his standards in a bunch of series, will be glad to drop you some facts if you want)
    In terms of PPG? Ofcourse not... unlike Lebron, Jordan made sure he chucked at least 25-30 FGA every game.... Lebron is more of a point-forward, when he is not in offensive rythm.. he doesnt chuck.... Jordan did, kindof similar to Kobe in that way.......
    and how can you play good and lose a game?? there is no such thing..... you can have good stats and lose a game.... but thats another topic...
    But to lose a series/game means Jordan most probably played bad in the 4th/clutch or simply couldnt do it enough to close out the games/series......
    Jordan didnt either have the likes of Wade & Bosh to grab away his shot attempts.....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    its a ****in RETARDED thread to begin with

The title of this thread should be "ITT: We start off saying LBJ cannot be compared to MJ but then we bring KB24 into the discussion for no reason."

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Jordan didnt either have the likes of Wade & Bosh to grab away his shot attempts.....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    And that's why LeBron's career is so hard to judge. He won plenty of games in Cleveland, and yet his team's routinely failed to get to the Finals. Did he cause those teams to overachieve or do you blame him for not leading them to the Finals despite dominating the regular season? What about last season? Do you praise him for leading the Heat to the Finals or dock him for taking a backseat to Wade and appearing not to care?
    Its really not hard. You give Lebron credit for overachieving hugely overall on the Cavs. You hammer him for his weird game against Boston in 2010....and you hammer him for his dreadful finals last year.

You simply can't blame Lebron for not winning it on those Cavs teams. They weren't championship contending teams. What other players in NBA history would you expect to lead those Cavs teams to titles?

MJ and Wilt? Maybe...maybe the only other players in history that they might challenge for titles in some of those years.

I really don't see anybody else. Bird and Magic? Nope. Kareem? Nope. Russell? Nope. Shaq and Duncan? Nope. Hakeem? Maybe they make a great run or something, but it wouldn't be expected. Kobe? Nope.

Its just not fair to hold Lebron to a standard that pretty much every all time great could not be fairly held to.

Blame Lebron for his crap game in 2010 against Boston and for his awful finals....then we go from there. But this idea that Lebron has had all these great chances to win titles is simply not true. Last year was his only year in which he had a legit championship team around him....

And....rookie Lebron would start on every single team in the league. Not even a question. You find a place for guys like him. I can't believe people are debating that. Its the ****ing NBA....not high school. You play the best players that can help your team the most. Rookie Lebron was a clear NBA starter....Rookie Kobe simply wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Before his 27-28 age... he really didnt.... Not even after that, he had only Pippen as a modest sidekick taking like 10-15 FGA... While Jordan was averaging up to 28 FGA...

Lebron averages 19 FGA... and still averages 29 ppg... while having Wade who averages 17 FGA and Bosh who averages 15 FGA...

Lebron is more closer to Magic rather than Jordan in terms of gamestyle at that size and so on anyways... Kobe is more like Jordan in terms of scoring/chucking shots mindset, obviously not even close to that Jordan efficiency/talent level but ok...

Different topic but anyways
    Last edited by pauk; 02-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT U

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1. When people say "Jordan didnt had a ring until he was 27-28" they mean that Lebron has time to achieve those accomplishments aswell... because it is the age that is the countdown... not how many NBA seasons you played... its the age that is the problem...

2. Lebron had 3 years NBA experience in a scrub team... and Jordan had 3 years College/NCAA Championship experience....... i would think from a basketball standpoint Jordan had better basketball experience at similar age coming in to the NBA...

3. NBA experience will help you as a player... but will not win you championship... BEST TEAM wins the championship, not the best player... If Lebron got his Pippen and Rodman, Kukoc, Phil Jackson and so on.... im sure he could have won a championship aswell.......

4. Jordan didnt shrink? (He actually did perform under his standards in a bunch of series, will be glad to drop you some facts if you want)
    In terms of PPG? Ofcourse not... unlike Lebron, Jordan made sure he chucked at least 25-30 FGA every game.... Lebron is more of a point-forward, when he is not in offensive rythm.. he doesnt chuck.... Jordan did, kindof similar to Kobe in that way.......
    and how can you play good and lose a game?? there is no such thing..... you can have good stats and lose a game.... but thats another topic...
    But to lose a series/game means Jordan most probably played bad in the 4th/clutch or simply couldnt do it enough to close out the games/series......

Worst post of thread.

So many petty/pathetic/false excuses.

Lebron has a top 3 player on his team and an All-Star top 15 PF on his team. No excuses.

Up to this point Lebrons career is a massive failure. Stats don't mean shit if you can't win the big games.

Lefraud is the modern day Wilt in that aspect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    kenneth, 32Dayz & kblaze ruined this thread

broke or made better?

i took a lebron/jordan debate and made it realistic by turning it into a lebron/eddie jones debate

so if anything i saved it from being tossed asside like most threads where lebron doesnt have any right being mentiond in the same sentance as jordan. let alone kobe or anyone else with actual achivements

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

jordan had to wait for Magic, Bird and isaih to be past their primes to get a chance

[/B]
    Isiah was 30 year old, and the Pistons were the defending champs when the Bulls swept them. Neither Isiah, or the Pistons, were out of their prime.

Magic wasn't 87 Magic, but he was the prior season's MVP when the Bulls beat LA in 91. He wasn't exactly chopped liver, either.

Bird's Celtics, and Bird himself, were well past their prime by the time Jordan had a good enough TEAM to contend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Isiah was 30 year old, and the Pistons were the defending champs when the Bulls swept them. Neither Isiah, or the Pistons, were out of their prime.

Magic wasn't 87 Magic, but he was the prior season's MVP when the Bulls beat LA in 91. He wasn't exactly chopped liver, either.

Bird's Celtics, and Bird himself, were well past their prime by the time Jordan had a good enough TEAM to contend.

1990-91 isiah played half a season due to injury

never recovered... playoff average dipped from 20/5/8 on 46% to 13/4/8 on 40%

87 was his last all nba team