Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default This is what the Black Community is complaining about

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.2321921

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android...BbgXfeqhaq2vFb

Two situations (I assume recent) that show the police subdue two white males without resorting to lethal force. One was armed, the other assaulted seven officers apparently even knocking one out.

NBA Legend

Default Re: This is what the Black Community is complaining about

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Two situations (I assume recent) that show the police subdue two white males without resorting to lethal force. One was armed, the other assaulted seven officers apparently even knocking one out.

There are tons of situations like this involving black folks that get resolved without fatality as well

You really think every black person who's been arrested this year was shot and killed? Tons have been subdued without lethal force, it just doesn't make headlines.

And conversely, there was just an unarmed white kid in SC that was shot dead by an officer.

There is no uniformity of these circumstances. They're all different, INCLUDING THE OFFICERS. People act like its some policy to shoot blacks who are being arrested. Literally thousands of blacks are arrested every year without incident. Just because among these thousands, there are a handful of individual situations that go wrong, doesn't really mean.... anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    There are tons of situations like this involving black folks that get resolved without fatality as well

You really think every black person who's been arrested this year was shot and killed? Tons have been subdued without lethal force, it just doesn't make headlines.

And conversely, there was just an unarmed white kid in SC that was shot dead by an officer.

There is no uniformity of these circumstances. They're all different, INCLUDING THE OFFICERS. People act like its some policy to shoot blacks who are being arrested. Literally thousands of blacks are arrested every year without incident. Just because among these thousands, there are a handful of individual situations that go wrong, doesn't really mean.... anything.
    No. But I do know the tolerance level of a black suspect is a lot lower than it is for a white suspect. Video after video shows such. What happened to that white teen is unfortunate. But its an anomaly.

Poor black people. I am so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Thanks Dude.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Rodney King survived didn't he? But they still tried to burn the city down.

Banned

It's really quite easy to explain this and please don't say I am a racist.

Black music has an influence on what has been happening. A lot of these guys try to follow in the footsteps of their favorite rapper. Black people have been rapping and singing about how much of a thug they are, shooting police and slapping hoes.

Regardless of skin, if you rap about these things, then they are going to take you very seriously.

You can say what about the Blacks that don't listen to rap or dress like thugs/rappers....well, those guys more often than not get off.

Presentation is everything.

Pick your poison....are Blacks a bunch of wankster studio gangsters?....Or you are that tough about your stance of F the Police. Can't have your cake and eat it.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 08-13-2015 at 02:45 AM.

NBA Legend

Red face Re: This is what the Black Community is complaining about

P
    Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It's really quite easy to explain this and please don't say I am a racist.

Black music has an influence on what has been happening. A lot of these guys try to follow in the footsteps of their favorite rapper. Black people have been rapping and singing about how much of a thug they are, shooting police and slapping hoes.

Regardless of skin, if you rap about these things, then they are going to take you very seriously.

You can say what about the Blacks that don't listen to rap or dress like thugs/rappers....well, those guys more often than not get off.

Presentation is everything.

Pick your poison....are Blacks a bunch of wankster studio gangsters?....Or you are that tough about your stance of F the Police. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Well crime stats were still terrible in a lot of these cities before gangsta rap originated. Also there aint a lot of gangsta rap in Africa - but theres a hell of a lot of violence. Same thing in Mexico of wherever. Cartel members listen to like mariachi n shit. It is possible that the culture of popular music can exacerbate the problem, but it doesnt cause it.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Do you understand what the phrase "cherry picking" means?

rank sentamentalist

$10 says the black people in dayton ohio don't give two fks about this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    P

Well crime stats were still terrible in a lot of these cities before gangsta rap originated. Also there aint a lot of gangsta rap in Africa - but theres a hell of a lot of violence. Same thing in Mexico of wherever. Cartel members listen to like mariachi n shit. It is possible that the culture of popular music can exacerbate the problem, but it doesnt cause it.
    You're right to an extent but I think the bigger issue is very deep and people have to get out of 'the mentality'.

The mentality is this....Blacks are going to be aggressive towards an officer because he/she may think the police is after them because they are Black. Police officers are also thinking the same thing too....they have to watch their back because the Black guy may attack or kill him because he sees that I am white and I could be a racist. Therefore, both persons are going to act overly aggressive which usually leads to something fatal.

...because of all the attention on police officers....I am afraid the police will do the opposite from now on. If they see a Black person they are not going to pull them over or arrest them. Just not worth it because you either end up pulling over a murderer and get killed -or- pull someone over and get accused of being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yes and this isnt it. It's my understanding that some of you feel that the short trigger police tend to have effects everyone. This just isn't true. We see this case after case after case. Vid after vid after vid.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    we dont want your sympathy you stupid fakkit we the cops to act right u stupid white sack of fly infested dog feces

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Why should they. In both instances, the officers showed tremendous restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    Rodney King survived didn't he? But they still tried to burn the city down.
    We've been down this road. The police were caught beating a handcuffed man on video and they were let go.

And that incident happened shortly after a teenage girl was shot in the back. And the woman got probation if I remember correctly. And agin the incident was caught on video
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 08-13-2015 at 03:32 AM.