Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: CEO threatens workers jobs if Obama is reelected

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I don't read lib bias sites.
    lol

and of course the article is completely factual and they contacted the CEO and gave a chance to respond, you know, basic journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I have a hard time believing successful businessmen would layoff employees just because their marginal tax rates increased slightly. It would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. They know deep down layoff workers for no real economic reason is going to hurt them more than small tax increases

But ya it's disgusting how these guys treat their non-skilled labour. Why it's so importent to get diserable skills, so that you won't be raped by your bosses.
    Wow, I mean it's the NONskilled workers that should get everything, and should be revered, and get any benefits they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    There's audio of Romney supporting this idea from back in June.

The Koch Brothers are doing this as well, in a less offensive way than this idiot telling their employees that if they vote for Obama they

This guy too.
    Oh yeah, Huffington Post, NY Daily, and some liberal blog, great sources.

Honestly, can anyone think that talking away from the companies doesn't hurt them? That you can take what you want from them and have them expect to stay exactly the same?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Math2

Honestly, can anyone think that talking away from the companies doesn't hurt them? That you can take what you want from them and have them expect to stay exactly the same?
    If you take issue with the content of what they're reporting, argue that; show that to be inaccurate. Attacking the "liberal source" is just shooting the messenger, and only makes any argument your advancing look weaker, and less deserving of serious consideration.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    If you take issue with the content of what they're reporting, argue that; show that to be inaccurate. Attacking the "liberal source" is just shooting the messenger, and only makes any argument your advancing look weaker, and less deserving of serious consideration.
    Seriously. All they anybody has to do is post the CEO's direct statement and people can see clearly that he is a douche. There is no spin necessary for liberals with this news. The conservative however will spin this in a "Look what Obama is doing" sort of way rather than the more obvious "Look what this asshole CEO is doing."

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Oligarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Seriously. All they anybody has to do is post the CEO's direct statement and people can see clearly that he is a douche. There is no spin necessary for liberals with this news. The conservative however will spin this in a "Look what Obama is doing" sort of way rather than the more obvious "Look what this asshole CEO is doing."
    Because what Obama does has no bearing on what a CEO does.

Here's Fox news:

http://nation.foxnews.com/david-sieg...d-raises-taxes

http://radio.foxnews.com/2012/10/15/.../#.UIMx9IVRmRY

Bain Capital-controlled company buys voting machines for use in Ohio.

I'm sure there's no conflict here at all.

NOTHING CAN GO WRONG.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...tal-investment

Because what Obama does has no bearing on what a CEO does.
    The guy is obviously a greedy prick that cares about himself and nobody else. The guy is unwilling to lose just one of his many super extravagant luxuries in order to help out the families of a bunch of people that work for him. Even then he probably wouldn't even lose out on any actual luxuries to keep his employees, he would more likely just see a number change in his bank account that is so large he wouldn't be able to spend the money in his entire lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    The guy is obviously a greedy prick that cares about himself and nobody else. The guy is unwilling to lose just one of his many super extravagant luxuries in order to help out the families of a bunch of people that work for him. Even then he probably wouldn't even lose out on any actual luxuries to keep his employees, he would more likely just see a number change in his bank account that is so large he wouldn't be able to spend the money in his entire lifetime.
    Seriously though - isn't threatening someone's job if Obama is re-elected illegal? Depends on the state, maybe? I mean, he's basically telling them which way they should vote.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    Seriously though - isn't threatening someone's job if Obama is re-elected illegal? Depends on the state, maybe? I mean, he's basically telling them which way they should vote.
    It certainly should be.

Hmm, apparently not. I would have thought it would be (it SHOULD be).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49421240/Can_...rs_How_to_Vote

NBA rookie of the year

He's smarter than that he is basically saying I dont want to layoff workers, but I will have no choice, if my taxes increase. I won't make enough money to justify the risk I take if the government taxes away my profits, so I will be forced to downsize. When questioned about it he just says that he feels like his workers have a right to know how Obama increasing his taxes would affect his ability to employ them.

Its all BS on so many levels. Obama isnt going to pass crippling corporate taxes on anyone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/bu...anted=all&_r=0

that article talks about Obama's willingness to cut stated corporate tax rate to 28% (current stated rate is 35%, but effective tax rates in America average 13-14%), and cut manufacturers' stated corporate tax rate to 25%. (for some reason we havent figured out the manufacturing being outsourced has nothing to do with high taxes, rather labour in China is like 40 cents an hour) If anything Obama is kind of stabbing his base in the back here, but what else is new, he still left of Romney and he is smart enough to know that will be sufficient.

Obama will repeal the Bush tax cuts on the top 2% (hopefully it happens this time, personally I hope for a full repeal, but thats not happening), raising taxes on the richest 2% to levels last seen during the famous Marxist administration of Bill Clinton, Oh how will the rich ever survive.

The threat is an empty one, there is zero chance greedy CEOs layoff workers, if there is money to be made. A slight increase to their marginal tax rate isn't going to make them flush their companies down the drain. They wont be able to go in the voting booth with their workers, so they wont know who they voted for. If asked their workers could just lie. Obama is going to win, rich CEOs are going to continue being rich, and unless they want to hurt themselves financially they won't layoff workers for political reasons.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 10-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.

What's wrong with what he said? I don't get the outrage. So the CEO should pay employees at a loss just because he's rich? lol. You don't become rich with that sort of mentality. That's not how your business stays competitive.