Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Lol before I had to overwrite everything on my laptop I had tons of replays saved of bullshit going on in the game. If I had known a way to upload them to a website I would have.
    Ahah, I had replays saved as "**** 2K # __" and I had about 50 before I just stopped making myself miserable. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You guys mean arms going through other players and rim etc on replays?
    I get those physics/texture glitches on a GOOD day.

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    dont u get sick of myplayer? that shit was just repetitive and i stopped. association mode is the shit tho
    Don't really have answer for that. The mode is frustrating as hell, and not because it's challenging but because it's broken.. but I played anyway. I don't really know why I still do. Maybe I like torturing myself? Association is cool, though I hate how you can only schedule practices for a week.

association needs that simulation intevention from nba live. it would make simming so much funner.

Banned

You guys mean arms going through other players and rim etc on replays?
    Not just that. Just ridiculous stuff in general happening. Psychic defenders, crazy shots the CPU makes. Things like that as well.

Not just that. Just ridiculous stuff in general happening. Psychic defenders, crazy shots the CPU makes. Things like that as well.
    Basically on higher difficulties, the CPU will circumvent logic to make games "closer".

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Basically on higher difficulties, the CPU will circumvent logic to make games "closer".
    Agree with that!

Agree with that!
    For the last two years I was compiling a list of bullshit that I've come across during 2K11 and 12. This year, it looks like Ronnie and those morons over at 2K have finally heard me and are starting to fix things before they start losing customers.

I'm still not happy at the fact that when you change difficulties, only the CPU AI gets smarter and not your own team. That's a HUGE reason why the game is such a colossal failure on HOF mode.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    For the last two years I was compiling a list of bullshit that I've come across during 2K11 and 12. This year, it looks like Ronnie and those morons over at 2K have finally heard me and are starting to fix things before they start losing customers.

I'm still not happy at the fact that when you change difficulties, only the CPU AI gets smarter and not your own team. That's a HUGE reason why the game is such a colossal failure on HOF mode.
    Yeah they also admitted that they artificially raise CPU players' ratings on HOF...like anyone can be a superstar on the CPU's team.

Raise ratings on HOF? What? HOF the players ratings dont change.

Hall of fame isnt designed to give you an advantage. Its sole purpose is to give the CPU the advantage and make it difficult for you to win. Not that I dont have an issue with HOF, its just funny hearing people say its too hard or too bogus. It was designed to be.
    Last edited by GOBB; 08-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Banned

I don't mean something like Luol Deng goes from a 79 to an 85 literally. I mean that each difficulty setting has it's own built in parameters that enhance a player's performance by a certain percentage (depending on which level you're playing on). So, if you leave Iggy wide open from 3 on HOF, he's much more likely to make it than if you left him wide open on Rookie. There's a reason the CPU makes more shots on higher difficulties if you leave the sliders alone.

Well, I agree that it should be designed to give the CPU an advantage to an extent. The thing I have a problem with is how it's done. Like Shane Battier shouldn't turn into Nique because I up the difficulty. The CPU should do things like pay more attention to how I'm playing, what rotations I'm using, what kind of defense I'm playing, etc. But idk if video game AI is to that level yet. Like, we want them to play us like another person, but they can't think as complex as a human can.

Banned

And not trying to brag, but HOF isn't usually an issue with me. I usually do well (blow the CPU out w/o cheesing) In fact, the last few days have been the first time I've had trouble in My Player on HOF. Idk what's happened

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Raise ratings on HOF? What? HOF the players ratings dont change.

Hall of fame isnt designed to give you an advantage. Its sole purpose is to give the CPU the advantage and make it difficult for you to win. Not that I dont have an issue with HOF, its just funny hearing people say its too hard or too bogus. It was designed to be.
    I'm not saying I don't want to have to play better when the difficulty is raised. That's what good games do--challenge you intellectually when you switch from easy to hard. But the 2K developers have even admitted that in every installment over the last few years, changing the mode to HOF "squeezes" player ratings on the CPU team so that they're basically the same player, with few exceptions. It's why you see guys who don't dunk IRL posterize your big man out of no where. HOF moves the logic parameters farther apart in order to "challenge" you and that's exactly what shitty developers do to make games, quote, harder.

Turning up the difficulty means you should have to play smarter. If we had AIs that studied how you played, it would go a long way. It's not even that hard to do--countless other games' AIs react this way when you up the difficulty. Programming the game to watch for user patterns and teaching the AI to anticipate them isn't impossible--EA games do this (although they make their CPUs cheese far worse in other areas). I don't mind the CPU making their open shots often, as long as it's realistic to the player shooting.

Out of all the problems HOF has, this is a big one. Momentum is also a HUGE part of the reason HOF is almost unplayable. I play on XBOX so I get to suffer this while I yell at my TV .

Yeah they also admitted that they artificially raise CPU players' ratings on HOF...like anyone can be a superstar on the CPU's team.
    Yeah. It's seriously retarded.

Banned

Yeah the invisible momentum the CPU gains that let them go on those unstoppable runs is ridiculous. Sometimes calling a timeout doesn't work when the game just decides that you're going to lose

I know basketball is a game of runs, but if I'm still running good offense and executing well, the CPU shouldn't just go into god mode and make everything and I shouldn't miss everything because the game has decided that their run is about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    that and no competition makes it more likely people will just get bored with the regular content and then buy it anyways

sometimes i wish nba live was back so that 2K would actually put out a stellar game. all these frills but there are so many things still wrong with the game and now you wanna make me pay an extra few bucks for something that should already be included? 2k is trippin
    NBA Live is back. You haven't seen the footage?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    NBA Live is back. You haven't seen the footage?
    technically, but let's be real that footage was ridiculous